Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

TotalTalker

Personally, my favorite part was when Harry dived into the Pensieve... it revealed some very shocking information. It's also quite sad.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can read it in 5 or less hours because they are good readers. :roll:

I know I didn't skim read and finished in 4 and a half hours.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

that "19 years later" part is way too short, i wanted to know a lot more but the thing that stuch out most to me is the fact that teddy was on the train. isn't he supposed to be 19 now? #-o

great read though. gonna buy all the other books again and read them again on holiday :D

oversized.jpg[/bads]

My review on Harry Potter.

[hide=The Review]When I first started to read I was leaning towards disappointment, how can someone end a series a decade in the making properly? Well thats a question that only you can answer, but in my own opinion Mrs. Rowling has pulled it off.

This book wasn't the best out of the series, but it is one of the only ones that I feel at peace after finishing it. This book was confusing in more then one spots, why would our favorite head master Albus Dumbledore plot the death of Harry Potter? Until the last few chapters I was sickened at what Rowling had turned Albus into. But at the end it was all showing that he was human, and not the god he was portrayed as in earlier books.

Many disagree with the ending, but I do not. Contrary to what Rowling has said I can forsee more Harry Potter books coming from this one. In the form of his descendants of course. :)

All in all I found this book to be a nice ending to an awesome book and I can't wait to see more of J. K. Rowling's work.[/hide]

Harry Potter, you will be missed.

"]doughnutt.jpg

[hide] I loved the book. It was a great read; although the last chapter coulda had a little bit more detail.

One thing that got me though - In the final duel between Voldemort and Harry (I don't have a copy of the book near me, so I'm not 100% sure) Harry used a Disarming spell - what was with that? Voldemort was killed by his own killing curse, but If it was a disarming spell (As I said. I'm not too sure but if it was) it seemed just a bit....lame.[/hide]

All in all, an amazing book.

Jewboi0.png

--==7,452nd to 99 Woodcutting - 22/08/07 ** as a free player.**==--

[hide]It was a good book, shame Rowling didn't go any further into the future. How it went with Fred after the death of his twin brother (or was it george, i read the book yesterday and i allready forgot it :o). What job Harry, Hermoine and Ron ended up with. What became of Ted (Lupins son).

But like i said, it was a good book. [/hide]

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

Loose ends will be covered with the new Encyclopedia. Hence why the last chapter was more of a sentimental chapter.

"]doughnutt.jpg

[hide]I enjoyed the book. I quite liked the final chapter. But I do want to find out what jobs they got. My guess were Aurors and possibly Harry as Minister of Magic. Sad that there was death through out the book. But thoroughly enjoyed it. It did get tedious when a lot of the book was just the trio setting up camp in several different places thinking of how to get the Horcrux. Great ending, but a tad confusing for everyone. I will definitely re-read it again and possibly all 7 books soon.[/hide]

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

[hide] I loved the book. It was a great read; although the last chapter coulda had a little bit more detail.

One thing that got me though - In the final duel between Voldemort and Harry (I don't have a copy of the book near me, so I'm not 100% sure) Harry used a Disarming spell - what was with that? Voldemort was killed by his own killing curse, but If it was a disarming spell (As I said. I'm not too sure but if it was) it seemed just a bit....lame.[/hide]

[hide] It's because Draco disarmed Dumbledore making him the new owner of the elder wand. And since Harry took Draco's wand it made him the owner of both wands I assume. And since Voldemort wasn't the true owner he couldn't use it to kill anyone I guess? And about using a disarming spell, it is Harry's signature move. He rather disarm then kill.[/hide]

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

[hide] It's because Draco disarmed Dumbledore making him the new owner of the elder wand. And since Harry took Draco's wand it made him the owner of both wands I assume. And since Voldemort wasn't the true owner he couldn't use it to kill anyone I guess? And about using a disarming spell, it is Harry's signature move. He rather disarm then kill.[/hide]

[hide]No, the elder wand(and all wands for that matter(I think)) will not harm its master.[/hide]

"]doughnutt.jpg

The scarriest part of the book.

[hide]"Well," said Harry, glancing at Hermione, who nodded encouragingly, "it's about that symbol you were wearing around your neck at Bill and Fleur's wedding, Mr. Lovegood. We wondered what it meant."

Xenophilius raised his eyebrows.

"Are you referring to the sign of the Deathly Hallows?" [/hide]

By the way what the hell is the cover's about? Which scene?

rickastleywh7.png

[hide]"Well," said Harry, glancing at Hermione, who nodded encouragingly, "it's about that symbol you were wearing around your neck at Bill and Fleur's wedding, Mr. Lovegood. We wondered what it meant."

[hide] I think it's the great hall final battle scene.[/hide]

[hide]Actually the cover is when they are in the vault. You can see behind harry there is creature that is holding the sword, and the jewelery all around him is very bright, almost like it is hot.[/hide]

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

[hide]Actually the cover is when they are in the vault. You can see behind harry there is creature that is holding the sword, and the jewelery all around him is very bright, almost like it is hot.[/hide]

[hide]I'm sure it depends on where you bought it - the American versio has the Great Hall battle scene, and the UK children's version has the Gringotts scene. :)[/hide]

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

[hide]I'm sure it depends on where you bought it - the American versio has the Great Hall battle scene, and the UK children's version has the Gringotts scene. :)[/hide]

[hide]Yeah, I was referring to the American Version.[/hide]

[hide]Wow, just finished reading it, that was quite a ride. All in all I don't have too many complaints, the plot was just about intricate enough (although there weren't as many "Oh of course!" moments as I had expected), the part where Harry was walking to his death was very powerfully written I have to concede, and the final outcome was brilliant.

It was a great, compelling book which I literally haven't been able to put down for these 2 days or so, and it's obviously a must read for anyone who has read the other books. Overall, her books lack the depth of a Pullman, but she certainly tells a well woven story.

The epilogue was fine for me, I wasn't so bothered about tying up the loose ends of the other characters, it was sentimental and heart warming enough for me, so no complaints there.

All in all it really was a great read, and as much as I might look for slight plot holes or whatever, I know it couldn't have been improved overall. [/hide]

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

[hide]The book dissapointed me. It has annoyed me since book 4 (the Goblet of Fire) that Rowling seems to have a weird interest in long and boring explanations. The first chapter I really was satisfied with started on page 488. Funny, but not unexpected. I find it dull that the two characters who die do it at the end, some more excitement would be that they would die a little sooner and so we could see consequences. About 20-30 pages of action all together, the dieing of Harry - more like the image he was dead - is fake, and instead we get a conversation with good ol' Dumbledore. I liked that part, but I expected more. The end is dissapointing, I couldn't think of another end so I'm not saying I could do it better, but still I expected more from Rowling. Overall a decent book, still one of the better ones I've read this year but I expected a little more from the final episode of H.P.[/hide]

signature4s.jpg

[hide]I liked the book but it was a bit disappointing.

There were too many things in there which were kind of obvious. The book built up and up, and at the end I kind of thought "oh"

Firstly R.A.B was obvious, that the locket they couldn't open being a horocrux was obvious, and so was harry being a horocrux. Snape being loyal to Dumbledore wasn't so obvious but I still saw it coming.

I just didn't get the same feeling that I did after the other books. I personally liked the 6th book better, but still liked the 7th.[/hide]

[hide]Yeah, I was referring to the American Version.[/hide]

well first of all, there are no national versions (as far as I'm concerned). There are 3 versions of the book:

One is 607 pages long with them trying to escape the vault on the cover (crappiest one by far)

[hide]medium_pottercover3.jpg[/hide]

second is the one the original quote was referring to, where harry is raising his hand, that is the original cover.

[hide]hpdhcover.jpg[/hide]

third has the slitherin's locket on the cover (best:))

[hide]UKAdultDeathlyHallows.jpg[/hide]

[hide]And now that I think about it, it is the great hall scene, notice the ceiling, it turned the same color the moment before they attacked each other. Also the people in the background, and the walls, while harry is trying to catch the wand. [/hide]

In my oppinion the end was kind of funny.

But I think J.K didn't tell us enough about Dumbledore coming into Harrys mind and Harry being the last Horcrux.

Now, if she needs many, she can just write a book about Harry Potter fighting any new dark lord or even more funnier is the idea of harrys kids fighting a person.

[hide]I really enjoyed the book. I could feel the suspense when they were taken to Malfoy Manor. I was amused at their grand escape from Gringotts on the back of a dragon. I was moved emotionally at the end when Harry willingly walked to Voldemort be be killed. I couldn't take my eyes off the text when that part came. I also cried a little.

I was also amused at the Epilogue. It should have been longer though. It was only 10-20 pages long and it made the reader curious and wanted to know more about the lives of Harry, Ginny (his wife), Ron, Hermione (Ron's wife) and all the others, including their children. Like were they good wizards?' What did the school look like 19 years after the Battle? What were their jobs? What became of Ron and Hermione's parents? Did Harry become even more famous now that he servived the Avada Kedavra Curse twice? Does Harry Potter still have the ability to speak Parseltongue, or did he lose most of his powers? Do Wizards and Muggles live side-by-side, perfectly aware of each others' existence? Who was Headmaster of Hogwarts? What happened to the rest of the Death Eaters? Did Harry tell Aberforth what Albus Dumbledore told Harry Potter at King's Cross after Harry was "killed?"[/hide]

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.