Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

TotalTalker

Hey guys,

Onnnnnnnnnn.....erm.....7th July 2007, the 7th Harry Potter book will be released at 12:01 am. It says that two important characters will die in it. What are your thoughts of this book, and who do you tihnk will be the one who dies?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Onnnnnnnnnn.....erm.....7th July 2007, the 7th Harry Potter book will be released at 12:01 am. It says that two important characters will die in it. What are your thoughts of this book, and who do you tihnk will be the one who dies?

My thoughts are that the book isn't being released until July 21st. I think you need to recheck your source.

You crampin' my style.

Hey guys,

My thoughts are that the book isn't being released until July 21st. I think you need to recheck your source.

http://www.hpana.com/news.19200.html

harry and voldermort (because voldermort has to die, and she ha promised only 7 books)

OR

Hagrid and wormtail (hagrid would die for harry, and wormtail owes him life debt)

those are the best guesses going round at the moment

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Except that article was written before the book was announced. If you read that article you would see this at the beginning:

Editor's Note: This was a commentary (opinion piece) published in 2005. The official release date for book 7 has now been announced (and I was only two weeks off!). You can pre-order it now as well.

2 weeks off? That would make the release date the 21st, not the 7th.

So next time you send me an article to back up your made up facts, make sure you've actually read it yourself. It clearly says you're wrong.

You crampin' my style.

Except that article was written before the book was announced. If you read that article you would see this at the beginning:

Editor's Note: This was a commentary (opinion piece) published in 2005. The official release date for book 7 has now been announced (and I was only two weeks off!). You can pre-order it now as well.

2 weeks off? That would make the release date the 21st, not the 7th.

So next time you send me an article to back up your made up facts, make sure you've actually read it yourself. It clearly says you're wrong.

Ok Ok Ok :boohoo:

on the american cover up there ^^, does harry seem to be on a broom? despite the fact he won't be playing Quidditch? and wha' he reaching for? questions, questions..

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Harry and Voldemort are the most likely to die....

If they don't count, though, Ron and Hermione, or Hagrid and one of the Dursleys.

Also, do you think Dumbledore is really dead?

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

JK has stated many times that Dumbledore is definatley dead, even on her own website. I think she would lose too mant fans if she went back on her word; remember, Harry doesn't have to be her whole career

Back by popular demand!

Two important characters are dying, not three.

Obviously, Snape and Voldemort/Harry. I seriously doubt that this gawky teenager can defeat the immortal Voldemort, even without his horcruxes. Might severly weaken him again enough so that someone else it able to defeat him, I doubt that even Voldemort could tear his soul into another seven pieces for new horocruxes.

style1,Continuum.png

there has allready been a topic about this that got to 5 pages i think but whatever. The real date is July 21 12:01pm! I\ve read all the series 3-4times each and i like them hope this one won\t let me down. also the last book the ending was kinda well nto happy, and i don\t think dumbledore is dead

Dumbledore is dead. Harry was frozen with the charm, Snape used the Avada Kedavra on Dumbledore, which is a KILLING CURSE! Only harry has ever survived it. And when Dumbledore fell from the castle, the spell wore off. Dumbledore couldn't have un-frozen him because Malfoy made him lose his wand with the expelliarmus spell. I know some spells can be cast without a wand, but they're usually barriers of some sort, such as the one Dumbledore brought down so he and Harry could enter Hogwarts whilst on the brooms

arran_J_Cook.png

arran_J_Cook.png

Here are 2 theories I have:

This one comes from the letter Harry recieves from inside the fake Horcrux:

"To the Dark Lord,

I know I will be dead long before you read this

but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret.

I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can.

I face death in the hope that when you meet your match,

you will be mortal once more.

R.A.B"

Now... Interesting... R.A.B... Regalus A Black maybe? Sirius' brother, who was killed for BETRAYING VOLDEMORT... just thought I'd point that out.

Secondly, this one is part of a conversation between Hagrid and Harry, telling you about events Hagrid has heard about, and also about what Snape says to Harry in the chapter "Flight of the Prince".

Firstly, Hagrid and Harry:

Hagrid is telling harry about a conversation between Dumbledore and Snape. Snape appears to be telling Dumbledore that "he wouldn't do it".

Secondly, Snape and Harry:

Harry calls Snape a coward, and snape replies with "How dare you call me a coward!"

My theory for this is that Snape killed Dumbledore because Dumbledore told him to do it, hence the argument between the two that Hagrid recalls hearing. I think Dumbledore wants Snape to kill him to save Harry and quite possibly Malfoy too, as I think Snape does not work for Voldemort. Snape is a spy for Dumbledore, Snape told him the plan, Dumbledore says to kill him, because that is was the Death Eaters invade Hogwarts for.

Voldemort wanted Malfoy to kill Dumbledore, otherwise he would kill Malfoy's family.

Now, seeing as Dumbledore is the most unselfish person in the world, I think Dumbledore died to save Harry, Malfoy and his family, and to stop the attack on Hogwarts by letting them do what they came to do. Which was kill him.

Anyone agree?

arran_J_Cook.png

arran_J_Cook.png

JK has stated many times that Dumbledore is definatley dead, even on her own website. I think she would lose too mant fans if she went back on her word; remember, Harry doesn't have to be her whole career

I'm pretty sure she's a billionaire and pissing off a lot of fans won't matter.

there has allready been a topic about this that got to 5 pages i think but whatever. The real date is July 21 12:01pm! I\ve read all the series 3-4times each and i like them hope this one won\t let me down. also the last book the ending was kinda well nto happy, and i don\t think dumbledore is dead

Dumbledore is definitely dead. Rowling confirmed that in an interview with to fansite administrators.

I think Ms. Norris is an animagus, maybe even regulus black, but idk just a thought ive had.

and one thing about the prophecy that struck me odd was it said "Neither can live while THE OTHER survives" this always appeard to me as a third person (Dumbledore maybe?) so then dumbledore had snape kill him so the prophecy could be fullfilled and so snape could be that more much trusted by voldemort and his followers.

coolio0wjos1.jpg

My WoW character, gnome warlock Saldomar