Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

TotalTalker

More than two characters die, which is funny. I happened to guess the entire plot of the seventh book before I had read it. Harry goes to find Horcruxes, Hermoine and Ron naturally come along, they find them, take them out, and then there is a fight at the end. Harry does indeed die, just for a few seconds. Voldemort dies too, as do many, many main characters that played major roles in the making of the earlier books. I think Rowling wanted to make it so that no new 8th story could come from it, as the epilogue sums it up greatly.

You have no idea how powerful words are....until they hit you in the head.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone explain to me how the fact that "Harry has the power to love, unlike Voldermort," as Dumbledore said had an effect on the story? I thought there was going to be some final scene where Harry was going to kill Voldermort and somehow this power to love was going to do the final job of finishing him up.[hide] Was it just the fact that instead of going into the afterlife he chose to stay and fight for his friends?[/hide]

[hide]I'm pretty sure it's because he loved all of the innocent people so much that he was willing to die for them. This in turn allowed Harry to die to get rid of the horcrux inside of him but still be able to return and finish Voldemort off.[/hide]

I don't think that true. Dumbledore told him that it was Lily's blood that prevented Harry from dying. Thereofre, it was Lily's blood that prevented Harry from dying. Pretty simple.

Rowling never followed up on what Dumbledore said...like "that may have made all the difference." Harry's willingness to sacrifice himself (aka love) really led to the protection of everyone against Hogwarts against Voldemort's spells, as Harry pointed out that they weren't binding anymore.

Now, I may be way off here, but was there not something to the extent of if someone is murdered and they knew it would happen, but didn't attmept to stop it or defend themselves they might be able to return due to (anchient?) magic(k)?

Shutup.jpg

Golden Sun= the best game ever made?

Farming and construction are dumb. I am proud to have level 1 in both.

How to write very bad guides (B3$7 3\/4R!!!!1)

More than two characters die, which is funny. I happened to guess the entire plot of the seventh book before I had read it. Harry goes to find Horcruxes, Hermoine and Ron naturally come along, they find them, take them out, and then there is a fight at the end. Harry does indeed die, just for a few seconds. Voldemort dies too, as do many, many main characters that played major roles in the making of the earlier books. I think Rowling wanted to make it so that no new 8th story could come from it, as the epilogue sums it up greatly.

Uhh, how did you "guess" that? The end of the 6th group pretty much tells you that. I mean it doesn't even infer that Harry is going to look for the Horcruxes a long with Hermoine and Ron, it just comes right out and tells you. The prophecy, and basically the whole plot of the series basically tells you there is ultimately going to be a final fight between Harry and Voldermort.

Mithos, I don't recall that

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Now, I may be way off here, but was there not something to the extent of if someone is murdered and they knew it would happen, but didn't attmept to stop it or defend themselves they might be able to return due to (anchient?) magic(k)?

LOL Thats from the lion, witch, and the wardrobe XD Its what Aslan used to come back after the witch killed him. I think it was in the chapter "Even older magic" in the book.

1um6.gif

Thanks to With the Quickness. Pure lifesaver ;)

Jeez, im only a part way though the book and more then 2 main characters have died...Jeez, Jk has high requirements for the characters to be 'main'

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Can anyone explain to me how the fact that "Harry has the power to love, unlike Voldermort," as Dumbledore said had an effect on the story? I thought there was going to be some final scene where Harry was going to kill Voldermort and somehow this power to love was going to do the final job of finishing him up.[hide] Was it just the fact that instead of going into the afterlife he chose to stay and fight for his friends?[/hide]
it was all explained at the end of book 5, if harry never loved, he would never seek revenge against voldemort.

it was all explained at the end of book 5, if harry never loved, he would never seek revenge against voldemort.

Even if someone didn't love they would still want to seek out revenge against someone, no? Voldermort even got revenge, although you could probably argue that it was just punishing those who disobeyed him.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

[hide]I'm pretty sure it's because he loved all of the innocent people so much that he was willing to die for them. This in turn allowed Harry to die to get rid of the horcrux inside of him but still be able to return and finish Voldemort off.[/hide]

I don't think that true. Dumbledore told him that it was Lily's blood that prevented Harry from dying. Thereofre, it was Lily's blood that prevented Harry from dying. Pretty simple.

Rowling never followed up on what Dumbledore said...like "that may have made all the difference." Harry's willingness to sacrifice himself (aka love) really led to the protection of everyone against Hogwarts against Voldemort's spells, as Harry pointed out that they weren't binding anymore.

I'm pretty sure it was actually stated in the book that Harry was able to return because he allowed himself to die. I though Dumbledore said it. I guess I'll just pay more attention to that part when I reread the book later.

Jeez, im only a part way though the book and more then 2 main characters have died...Jeez, Jk has high requirements for the characters to be 'main'

Oh do you think so? In my books only Harry Ron and Hermione are the main characters lol. So I sort of expected Ron and Hermione die, [hide]but eh turns out differently.[/hide]

Anybody else annoyed by Hermione and Ron as a couple? I think it was a weird-weird move from JKR after how many arguments Hermy and Ron have been through the past books. Ron must be a nightmare father from what the Epilogue states. Hermione deserves way better! It would have been cooler if Ginny and Harry broke up and Hermione and Harry decided to erm, get together :XD: But there are hints in the book like Ron saying good things to Hermione, and the book he gave Harry.

Oh btw, Ron's my least favourite character. He's such an [wagon] with all the gitness and bad things he says to girls in books 1-6. The stuff he says about himself when he destroys the locket I agree 100%.

rickastleywh7.png

i looked up on wikipedia, said jk rowling said that ron and harry are aurors in the ministry * harry's head * and that hermione is high in department of magical law enforcement, is it me or does that seem like such an odd job for someone like hermione? i think its not just me lol. She also says luna becomes a naturalist searching for random animals and junk..., and says that theres a new def against dark arts teacher that holds the spot :o cant be true lol. and doesnt specify new headmaster/mistriss, but says its not mcgonagal

Hey am i the only one out there that realy wished that neville would get revenge and beat the [cabbage] outa bellatrix? i was sad to find out it was mrs weasley but she one ppl youd least suspect.

Anybody else annoyed by Hermione and Ron as a couple? I think it was a weird-weird move from JKR after how many arguments Hermy and Ron have been through the past books. Ron must be a nightmare father from what the Epilogue states. Hermione deserves way better! It would have been cooler if Ginny and Harry broke up and Hermione and Harry decided to erm, get together :XD: But there are hints in the book like Ron saying good things to Hermione, and the book he gave Harry.

Oh btw, Ron's my least favourite character. He's such an [wagon] with all the gitness and bad things he says to girls in books 1-6. The stuff he says about himself when he destroys the locket I agree 100%.

JK Rowling was making it obvious for ages that they liked eachother. Sure Ron is a git, but Hermione apparently has her head in the air and doesn't notice it. It does'nt bother me that they ended up together.

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive.

JK Rowling was making it obvious for ages that they liked eachother. Sure Ron is a git, but Hermione apparently has her head in the air and doesn't notice it. It does'nt bother me that they ended up together.

Umm where exactly? I have read every HP book a couple of times (not 7) and I didn't see any signs of affection, more like not speaking to eachother for a week, screaming at each other and stuff. Is that it?

i looked up on wikipedia, said jk rowling said that ron and harry are aurors in the ministry * harry's head * and that hermione is high in department of magical law enforcement, is it me or does that seem like such an odd job for someone like hermione?I agree too, enforcing laws is a thing that Hermione would not find fair in my mind. I expected something like the SPEW stuff she did in 4-5. i think its not just me lol. She also says luna becomes a naturalist searching for random animals and junk..., and says that theres a new def against dark arts teacher that holds the spot :o cant be true lol. and doesnt specify new headmaster/mistriss, but says its not mcgonagal

You can't expect her to be, do you? She's atleast 60 in HP how could he manage at 79?

Hey am i the only one out there that realy wished that neville would get revenge and beat the [cabbage] outa bellatrix? i was sad to find out it was mrs weasley but she one ppl youd least suspect.

rickastleywh7.png

Umm where exactly? I have read every HP book a couple of times (not 7) and I didn't see any signs of affection, more like not speaking to eachother for a week, screaming at each other and stuff. Is that it?

Mostly in book six actually, there were a lot of hints, both subtle and unsubtle. To put it simply: Hermione was clearly jealous when Ron started dating Lavender. Then Ron was jealous when Hermione was pretending to date people (when she was trying to make Ron jealous) :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'm pretty sure it was actually stated in the book that Harry was able to return because he allowed himself to die. I though Dumbledore said it. I guess I'll just pay more attention to that part when I reread the book later.

Nope, Dumbledore never said that Harry's willingness to sacrifice himself led directly to his survival of the killing curse. He said that Lily's blood in Voldemort let directly to Harry's survival of the killing curse.

I agree that Ron is an idiot. He always says mean things to everyone, laughs at people, does dumb things and whatnot. He must has imperiused or confunded Hermione lol.

mysig31ha.png

she killed off my favorite character.. again

if I got to choose another book, I'd want a book about lupins life, we saw some of it in the HP books, flashbacks to him at hogwarts and when he was around harry, but there's probably much more that happens to him(like with the order, and when he was younger and transformed)

Was a horrible ending. Finished it relatively fast. I can't believe she made Harry a horcrux ... Dumbledore says it takes a certain kind of magic to create it in the 6th book so it really phases me how Harry could of accidentally become a horcrux. The first 400 pages were decent though, bit boring at times.

deadforumslol.png

Was a horrible ending. Finished it relatively fast. I can't believe she made Harry a horcrux ... Dumbledore says it takes a certain kind of magic to create it in the 6th book so it really phases me how Harry could of accidentally become a horcrux. The first 400 pages were decent though, bit boring at times.

Voldemort's soul was unstable (being separated into six pieces) so when he did an act of great evil (ie. murdering a baby) he unintentionally created another horcrux inside Harry.

EDIT: woot unicorn horn!!!1

Shutup.jpg

Golden Sun= the best game ever made?

Farming and construction are dumb. I am proud to have level 1 in both.

How to write very bad guides (B3$7 3\/4R!!!!1)

ugh. i thought it was horrible. waayyy too complex with too much happening - i had to read the entire book 2 or 3 times to understand the whole "draco malfoy was the master of the elder wand but then harry took his wand, thus defeating him and the wand protected its master when voldemort tried to use it on him so the spell rebounded and killed voldemort" thing.

well horrible is an overstatement. it was ok. the ending wasn't too great though.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

Hey guys,

Onnnnnnnnnn.....erm.....7th July 2007, the 7th Harry Potter book will be released at 12:01 am. It says that two important characters will die in it. What are your thoughts of this book, and who do you tihnk will be the one who dies?

[hide] more than two chararacters die. Important and non-important. If you want a list, just ask. [/hide]

I didn't like the book too much to be honest. Rubbish ending and the search of all four of the horcruxes was a bit prolonged at the start, then suddenly it was rushed. The fight scenes at the end was good though. A bit sad, however.

ugh. i thought it was horrible. waayyy too complex with too much happening - i had to read the entire book 2 or 3 times to understand the whole "draco malfoy was the master of the elder wand but then harry took his wand, thus defeating him and the wand protected its master when voldemort tried to use it on him so the spell rebounded and killed voldemort" thing.

i still can't understand it fully.

Why did harry not die when hit by the avada kadava? Surely the Harrys part of the soul would have been destroyed too. The snake died when the avada kadava hit her and she had two souls within her - her own and voldemorts - surely she should have also lived?

And how did the spell first rebound when harry was a baby? Love can't do that. Otherwise none of the characters would have died.

well horrible is an overstatement. it was ok. the ending wasn't too great though.

I got into a bit of a dispute with my sister about that.

And I have to agree with you, confusing as hell - especially if you didn't follow the escape from the malfoy manner in great detail with all the wand stealing or whatever.

Noooooo........

[hide]Lupin

and Tonks...Don't know why I feel sorry for them.

Mad-eye

Fred

DOBBY :(

Hedwig

[/hide]

:(

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

[hide]

Noooooo........

[hide]Lupin

and Tonks...Don't know why I feel sorry for them.

Mad-eye

Fred

DOBBY :(

Hedwig

[/hide]

Maybe because they just got married and had a kid then died? Possibly? Maybe? No?

Oh and, what about snape?He was a good guy. [/hide]