Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

TotalTalker

[hide=Spoiler Tag!]I like how J.K. Rowling said one main character would die, yet I consider Fred, Dobby, Snape, Lupin, Tonks, and Mad-Eye to all be main characters. What the heck?[/hide]

Just read the book in about four hours. Loved it. It ended the series in the best way possible, although the epilogue was a little... odd.

Agreed on everything there.

[hide] The whole book struck me as Harry Potter Apocalypse. Total death toll (Including Bellatrix and Voldemort): 14. 14 major (well at least named and appearing in more than one book, with one exception)character deaths. . . I assume it was Fred whom Rowling cried about when she wrote him off. I almost cried too. And I though it was bad when George. . . Yeah.[/hide]

p2gq.jpg

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's selling this book to young children!!!!!!

[hide]How can she sell it to little kids! This is the most gory depressing thing I have ever seen....

Can't wait for the movie :D[/hide]

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

Oh god, that was soooooo good. Unfortunately, I was up in mammoth and had to sit through a wedding and didn't end up buying the book until 5 in the afternoon. Occupying for the drive home though. I'm sad that the series is over; :cry:

[hide]

I was right about Snape, RAB, and really enjoyed the whole "Dumbledore Sandal" thing. Great book! Feed me more!

[/hide]

I read up to chapter 11 and someone with a keen eye for detail dies. Also one of the Weasley family members becomes alot more..."holey".... No more spoilers from me. =; :-# :-$ :notalk:

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

I've been waiting forever to post here. I've been avoiding any and all information related to the book because my friend ruined the 6th one for me by sending me a link showing the "big secret". I just finished reading it and it was ridiculously good. Except maybe that little end bit...it seemed to random. I'm happy yet sad to see it end. Can't wait for the movies to come out for the last two. I really hope she creates a new fantasy series that moves away from wizards and magic. She's an amazing author.

Zaataar.png

[hide]I'm also confused about the whole "2 Main characters die!" thing, I count most of the people that died as main characters to be honest, Voldemort, Snape, Fred, Dobby, Pettigrew, but I guess the first 2 are the main characters she meant.[/hide]

Great book though, the only sad part was in the epilogue when Harry talks to [hide]his son Albus Severus Potter (what a name)[/hide] and says hes name after the bravest man he ever knew.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

I wouldn't consider myself a total Potter Head. I watch the movies one or 2 weeks after it came out, I reserve the books at the library instead of hunting them down in stores across the nation. I don't camp outside stores, I'm not a member of any website, I only own two of the videogames. Never go to the midnight parties, own very few potter accessories.

Basically, I'm not addicted 8-) I enjoy the books, I'm the fifth on the reserve list at my library out of 110 reserves for the new one!

=========

A funny story to add too. At my library, They were hosting a midnight party for Deathly Hallows. Of course, I didn't come, I had better things to do then dress up as a wizard 8-) . Well, at my library you can sort of pre-reserve the book as soon as the library orders it. So a week before the release there were 120+ reserves. On the Potter midnight party, everyone who came expected to walk out with the new Poter book checked out. Boy, were they surprised when ALL 56 of the library's ordered books were already reserved, and there were still 80+ people reserving it! :wall:

OWNED! :thumbsup:

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I'll probaly have to get book in like a month lol :x

My sis won't use her book vouchers on it, and my mum won't buy when it's full price.

And I myself have no moneys.

You know full price is incredibly cheap for a book this big/hardcover/good...

Only 18-20 dollars most places, I know it is at Barnes & Noble (with membership), at Costco, probably at other places...

The barnes & Noble I got it from had been stressing for like a month that you NEEDED to reserve it or you wouldn't get one. I came to get mine (reserved it) at about 3 PM yesterday (release day), and they had over 300 (guess) books just sitting there, with no claims on them, plus many hundred more that were reserved behind the counter. Then it turns out they lost my name on the reservation list, but I guess it doesn't matter because I just took one from the stack by the door (not stole, paid of course) at the same price as reserving it.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

[hide]dang, the death count is higher than the other 6 books combined i think :cry:

i think the worst deaths were lupin + tonks, and fred :cry:[/hide]

definantly the best of the seven

::'

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Everybody, remember to use spoiler tags.

[hide=Spoiler Tag Title Here!]Like this![/hide]

[hide=Spoiler Tag Title Here!]Like this![/hide]

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

[hide=Meh]*yawn* a happy ending, how original. Wouldn't suprise me if the movie and film companies had a word somewhere along the line.[/hide]

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

man that wasn't what i expected, but i still loved it! too bad i haven't had contact with the outside world in about 30 hours excluding a phone call. i didn't want those stupid pop-ups or something to spoil it for me :D [hide]what happened exactly with harry when voldemort hit him with avada kedavra. i got really confused :wall:[/hide]

man that wasn't what i expected, but i still loved it! too bad i haven't had contact with the outside world in about 30 hours excluding a phone call. i didn't want those stupid pop-ups or something to spoil it for me :D [hide]what happened exactly with harry when voldemort hit him with avada kedavra. i got really confused :wall:[/hide]

[hide]He was killed. But Voldemort only killed the part of himself in Harry. So Harry's soul was free from Voldemort and could still live as Voldemort only killed himself.[/hide]

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

[hide=Meh]*yawn* a happy ending, how original. Wouldn't suprise me if the movie and film companies had a word somewhere along the line.[/hide]
I can't really tell if you are being sarcastic or not because it was very original indeed, I was already getting tired of all the main characters dying off in every book i read.

[hide]I was also not surprised that snape was on the good side all along, I considered it the moment he killed Dumbledore in the previous book.[/hide]

What else was great is the huge amount of content in the book, even though the amount if text is barely larger than in the Half Blood Prince, it still feels like I just read two books rather than one, because so much happens there. It was a great book, great twists, and great ending. I just wish there would be a little more after Voldemort died, it seemed a bit too sudden after that. The epilogue was nice too, over all 10/10

I hope another author takes up the story though, I still want to know what happens to Harry afterwards, all we know is that he marries Ginny, and they have 3 kids, and some more. I would like to know more there.

[hide]

[hide]He was killed. But Voldemort only killed the part of himself in Harry. So Harry's soul was free from Voldemort and could still live as Voldemort only killed himself.[/hide]

A more detailed explanation:

When voldemort killed harry's mother, hist ava kedava spell rebounded and hit him, breaking off a part of his soul. That piece flew into the nearest alive person, being harry, that explains why he has been penetrating voldemorts mind since book 5. When voldemort tried to kill him in the woods, he instead destroyed his unknown seventh horux, which was inside harry.

In case you were asking about the second time voldemort tried to kill him in the hall: The wand of destiny or w/e actually belonged to harry. Voldemort first assumed snape was the true owner, but since dumbledore asked snape to kill him, the ownership never went to snape, instead the person who was mean to kill dumbledore, thats draco malfoy. When harry ron and hermonie were captured, harry stole malfoys wand remember? so at that point the ownership of the wand of destiny was also passed to harry, so it was harry's the whole time afterwards.

Now when voldemort tried to kill harry the second time, he couldn't, because the wand doesn't kill his owner, so the spell rebound and hit voldermort instead. So he pretty much killed himself out of stupidity.[/hide]

The scariest part of the book imo was:

[hide]"The ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."[/hide]

Freaked the hell out of me :P

I too plowed through it yesterday. Was awesome.

[hide]I think the first two deaths were the worst for me - something about Mad Eye (especially after listening to the 5th and 6th on audio) made me warm up to him more. Hedwig too...

I really like how all the loose ends were tied up. I was always hopeful that we would somehow see Dumbledore outside of 'King's Cross' (the blue eyes) but was pleasantly surprised to see his brother, Aberforth, enter the story. I thought the epilogue was fine - it was short but I don't think it needed to be any longer than it was. It gave us just enough to let our imaginations fill in the rest.[/hide]

sithbridgeay2.jpg

[hide=Spoilers are gud]I don't actually remember reading that the Tiara thing had been destroyed.

Didn't Harry bring it OUT of the Room of Requirement, then Hermione said if he had left it in then it would have been destroyed.

I'll go back to re-read that part.[/hide]

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

I don't actually remember reading that the Tiara thing had been destroyed.

Didn't Harry bring it OUT of the Room of Requirement, then Hermione said if he had left it in then it would have been destroyed.

I'll go back to re-read that part.

[hide=SPOILER!]Crabbe's fire spell was one of the Horcruxes weaknesses.[/hide]

Use a hide tag. :wall:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

[hide]the tiara was destroyed by the massive fire the either Crabbe or Goyle summoned.[/hide]
[hide]yep, it was a special type of fire which had a specialty of destroying horuxes. Although I doubt crabbe knew that (or whoever made the fire)[/hide]

[hide=mehh]i really liked the book, even though it was very depressing, how ever i didn't like the end much at all. voldy's death was basically "and then he died"i almost started crying when harry found out he had to be killed, but then the end was kind of anti-climatic imo[/hide]

Look its rob!

[hide=mehh]i really liked the book, even though it was very depressing, how ever i didn't like the end much at all. voldy's death was basically "and then he died"i almost started crying when harry found out he had to be killed, but then the end was kind of anti-climatic imo[/hide]

Lol, so so true. The real "fight" last like half a page. Such a dissappointment.

mysig31ha.png

Lol, so so true. The real "fight" last like half a page. Such a dissappointment.

[hide=Spoiler]Well what did you expect? A dragon ball Z/Bleach Finisher? :P[/hide]

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

[hide]I loved the slight intricacies that I at first missed, like how Snape wanted to look into Harry's(Lily's) eyes. Lupin was one of my favorite characters so I was pretty upset about that, along with the other deaths. There was some great humor in the book. I laughed out loud a lot. From the sarcastic dialogue to just funny images like the house elves uniting with weapons in hand, JKR did a great job not only with humor, but as a whole this definitely has been the best book I've ever read. [/hide]