Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

TotalTalker

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dhuscv7.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan, but I read the rest of the series. I'll probably end up reading this too :)

same :D

the character that will die...definitely voldemort...not harry, remember the prophecy...neither can live while the other survives or something. MAybe hagrid?

tifsbti6oi.gif

I will be happy as long as Harry dies. It would be cool is the "guy with the name that starts with a V" still lives and takes over. Harry is so self-centered and he is and idoit

And the cavemen wondered how to make fire...

Im in the .00001% that finds Firemaking fun. If you find it fun add this to your siggy.

blaster909.gif

Blaster909.gif

Like this one weird movie about some spider civilization sending an asteroid to hit Buenos Aires.. They just have to go and send infantry? Why not just send some super Cobalt-Atom-Hydrogen bomb thing there and destroy the planet? =P~

Starship Troopers :P

I've often thought the same thing about Lord of the Rings. Its seems a little unnecessary to go on this great long quest. Why not use the ginat flying eagles, to fly straight to Mt Doom, lob the stupid ring into the mountain the get the hell out of there? And Gandalf is meant to be this amazingly powerful wizard? Why can't he simply levitate a massive slab of the earth and drop it on the orc army?

Thats smart, but u guys dont understand. That would ruin the series and no more money for the author

tifsbti6oi.gif

Okay, i've done my best to remove all the 'spoiler' stuff in here, let me know if i've missed any.

If it's genuine (which I doubt) it's breaking copyright law so i've removed it, and even if it's not it's just annoying for fans.

No more spoilers please, genuine speculation is fine.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Okay, i've done my best to remove all the 'spoiler' stuff in here, let me know if i've missed any.

If it's genuine (which I doubt) it's breaking copyright law so i've removed it, and even if it's not it's just annoying for fans.

My post was pure speculation and you removed it :shame:

Will you all stop speculating that his scar is a horcrux? The final horcrux was created during the Goblet of Fire and it was the great snake Nagini. A horcrux takes a lot of power to create and Lord Voldemort would not destroy a horcrux so precious. Think about it. Harry Potter is considered the boy who lived, therefore as long as he is alive thinking he is winning the fight against Voldemort, Voldemort would reign supreme and unstoppable. There is no way he would destroy such an oppurtunity.

* Tom Riddle's Diary.

* Salazar Slytherin's locket.

* Helga Hufflepuff's cup.

* The great snake Nagini.

* Marvolo Gaunt's ring

* An item belonging to Godric Gryffindor (Rowling denied speculations that it was the sword).

Those are what I view as the horcruxes, the item of Godric's is obviously not the sword. I've come up with numerous theories in my head, and no matter how much evidence I can manage to put together, I know that in the end, what I read will completely blow me away. I'm not going to go over them so close to the release date because I don't want to give too much information out. I'll leave us all to our imaginations.

deadforumslol.png

Will you all stop speculating that his scar is a horcrux? The final horcrux was created during the Goblet of Fire and it was the great snake Nagini. A horcrux takes a lot of power to create and Lord Voldemort would not destroy a horcrux so precious. Think about it. Harry Potter is considered the boy who lived, therefore as long as he is alive thinking he is winning the fight against Voldemort, Voldemort would reign supreme and unstoppable. There is no way he would destroy such an oppurtunity.

* Tom Riddle's Diary.

* Marvolo Gaunt's ring

* An item belonging to Godric Gryffindor (Rowling denied speculations that it was the sword).

Those are what I view as the horcruxes, the item of Godric's is obviously not the sword. I've come up with numerous theories in my head, and no matter how much evidence I can manage to put together, I know that in the end, what I read will completely blow me away. I'm not going to go over them so close to the release date because I don't want to give too much information out. I'll leave us all to our imaginations.

Ahh but it could be something belonging to Ravenclaw, I'd say it's more likely Ravenclaw seen as Dumbledore was sure the only remaining relic of Gryffindors was the sword. I dunno about the scar, I guess it could be 50/50, what you said, but then if you think about it maybe Voldemort wanted it so that for him to die, Harry would have to die as well.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

* Tom Riddle's Diary.

* Marvolo Gaunt's ring

Ahh but it could be something belonging to Ravenclaw, I'd say it's more likely Ravenclaw seen as Dumbledore was sure the only remaining relic of Gryffindors was the sword. I dunno about the scar, I guess it could be 50/50, what you said, but then if you think about it maybe Voldemort wanted it so that for him to die, Harry would have to die as well.

Voldemort has no intention of dying anytime soon, if ever. The first book clearly implies that seeing as he goes after the stone. And yeah, I forgot to add in Ravenclaw, was rushing the post seeing as a news report about the leaker was on TV.

deadforumslol.png

I found a website that has spoilers of it. was reading new son the internet and it gave away the url. Not sure if its legal though, so i guess I won't post it.

spoiler for who dies:

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

All these so called spoilers are just fan fics made out to be spoilers.

I think Harry is the last horucrox, all the evidence is there. To make a horucrox you need to kill someone, i.e. Lily and James Potter. In one of the books it mentions that Voldemort transfers some of his power to Harry, which would make sense if he was a horucrox. Harry has the scar which I think relates to him being a horucrox. In book 5 we find out Harry is linked to Voldemort, which is explained by him being a horucrox. Harry and Voldemort have the same wand, that would make sense if apart of Voldemort is in Harry. Then the prohecy states "Neither can live, while the other survives" I think that means, sure you can survive but your just alive, your not really living when you are not whole, like Voldemort is not whole because his sould is Scattered and Harry is not whole because a part of Voldemort is in him. So you can survive, but your not really living.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

I found a website that has spoilers of it. was reading new son the internet and it gave away the url. Not sure if its legal though, so i guess I won't post it.

spoiler for who dies:

FFS DUDE USE A HIDE HACK!

And Harry won't be the last horocrux, you wouldn't make a horocrux of someone you where going to kill right after would you?

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

ok maybe that sounding like the ending but this is now my speculation...

Ok so harry and voldemort are dueling (in the duel arena) and voldemort gets in harry's grill and starts making fun of harry's mama. so harry cast ice barrage and voldemort casts fire wave. Then for some unknown reason,m link (from the zelda series) gets sucked thru a space-time continuum and he starts ranging voldemort. Then harry pulls out full dh with gr8 axe and pwns voldemort. Then Snoop Dogg congratulates them and starts singing random songs. AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

DISCLAIMER: THat was my guess, not wuts actually happening

If you can read this you have really good eyesight

tifsbti6oi.gif

I think Harry is the last horucrox, all the evidence is there. To make a horucrox you need to kill someone, i.e. Lily and James Potter. In one of the books it mentions that Voldemort transfers some of his power to Harry, which would make sense if he was a horucrox. Harry has the scar which I think relates to him being a horucrox. In book 5 we find out Harry is linked to Voldemort, which is explained by him being a horucrox. Harry and Voldemort have the same wand, that would make sense if apart of Voldemort is in Harry. Then the prohecy states "Neither can live, while the other survives" I think that means, sure you can survive but your just alive, your not really living when you are not whole, like Voldemort is not whole because his sould is Scattered and Harry is not whole because a part of Voldemort is in him. So you can survive, but your not really living.

he might be rite, if my above post isnt :^o

He moght have not tried to kill harry, just make a horcrux

like i said, its prolly closer to my above post not this \'

edit: there are only six horcruxes, not seven. he wanted his soul in seven parts, six horcruxes plus his body makes 7 peices of his soul

tifsbti6oi.gif

Enjoy

Information from Rowling

* Rowling drafted the last chapter of the book several years ago, to give herself an ending to work up to. The last word of the last chapter of the book was said to be scar, according to Rowling in a 1999 interview.[38] She also suggested the last chapter and last word could change. This last chapter contains details of what happens to each surviving character:

This is the thing that I was very dubious about showing you... this is the final chapter of book seven. This is really where I wrap everything up, it's the epilogue. And I basically say what happens to everyone after they leave school - those who survive - because there are deaths - more deaths coming. It was a way of saying to myself, 'Well, you will get it, you will get to book seven one day. And then you'll need this!' So I'd just like to remind all the children I know who come around my house and start sneaking into cupboards that it's not there anymore - I don't keep it at home anymore for very, very, very obvious reasons. So there it is.[39]

* Rowling has stated that there will be no Quidditch matches in Deathly Hallows.[40]

* J. K. Rowling said in 2001 that Harry might get another pet at some point.[41] Although Buckbeak may have filled this role (Harry obtained possession of the Hippogriff after the death of Sirius Black, albeit under Hagrid's care), she also hinted that [bleep], Dumbledore's phoenix, might have another role.[42]

* We will learn something very important about Lily:

Now, the important thing about Harry's mother - the really, really significant thing - you're going to find out in two parts. You'll find out a lot more about her in book five, or you'll find out something very significant about her in book five, and you'll find out something incredibly important about her in book seven." ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ J. K. Rowling[43]

* Rowling has long said that the fact that Harry's eyes resemble his mother's is "very important."[44]

* Severus Snape has been an important and enigmatic character throughout the books, as his true loyalty has always remained unclear. It is to be anticipated that as a surviving major character, his loyalty will be settled in the final confrontation of the book.[45][46]

Questioner: ThereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s an important kind of redemptive pattern to Snape.

Rowling: He, um, thereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s so much I wish I could say to you, and I can't because it would ruin. I promise you, whoever asked that question, can I just say to you that I'm slightly stunned that you've said that and you'll find out why I'm so stunned if you read Book Seven. That's all IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m going to say.[43]

* She has stated we will learn more about Peter Pettigrew and Dumbledore and their respective families.[40]

* At the Edinburgh book festival, Rowling mentioned that something more would be revealed about Petunia Dursley. Nothing of note occurred in book 6, so this remains to be discovered.[47]

"..there is a little bit more to Aunt Petunia than meets the eye...She is not a squib, although that is a very good guess. Oh, I am giving a lot away here. I am being shockingly indiscreet."

Rowling repeated this comment at the Radio City charity reading in August 2006.[48] She clarified by stating that Aunt Petunia will not perform magic.[49]

* Rowling has said that some non-magical character will perform magic late in life under desperate circumstances.[50] However, Petunia will not be the one to perform magic (see above).

* Also at Edinburgh, Rita Skeeter was mentioned: "She is loathsome . . . but I can't help admiring her toughness. . . . There is more to come on Rita."[47]

* On Dolores Umbridge, "It's too much fun to torture her not to have another little bit more before I finish"[40]

* Rowling has said that Ginny Weasley is quite powerful, that we have seen a taste of that in the past, and we will see it again.[40]

* Viktor Krum is set for a reappearance.[51]

* Kreacher, the former Black Family house elf which passed to Harry's ownership with the death of Sirius Black, may make an appearance. Rowling told the filmmakers of Order of the Phoenix to include the character in the movie, because he is "very important."[52]

* Sirius Black's flying motorbike and the two-way mirror he gave Harry will return.[51] In fact, Rowling has mentioned in one of her FAQs that the two way mirror "will help more than you think." Rowling refused to comment whether Sirius himself might in some way reappear, but she has also said that there was a reason why he had to die.[53]

* Arthur Weasley's flying car, which was last seen in the Hogwarts forest,[HP2] will reappear.[54]

* Rowling refused to comment when asked whether the locked door in the Department of Mysteries in the Ministry of Magic would feature in the final book.[55]

* Dumbledore was said to have a "gleam of triumph" in his eyes when told that Voldemort had restored his body using Harry's blood, at the end of Goblet of Fire (Ch. 36). Rowling has confirmed that this is "still enormously significant".[55]

* Rowling revealed in a 1999 interview that one of Harry's classmates will become a Hogwarts teacher, though not Harry himself and 'not who you think'. When asked, Rowling also ruled out Ron. This implies that Hogwarts will re-open at some point.[43]

* In an interview after the completion of the Prisoner of Azkaban film, she commented that director Alfonso CuarÃÆÃâÃâón had "put things in the film that, without knowing it, foreshadow things that are going to happen in the final two books. So I really got goosebumps when I saw a couple of those things, and I thought people are going to look back on the film and think those were put in deliberately as clues."[56]

* There are indications that at least two of the main characters will die. In a June 2006 interview about the previously-written ending, Rowling stated that:

"One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die...A price has to be paid. We are dealing with pure evil...They go for the main characters...well, I do".[15]

* When further questioned in June 2006 about authors who kill off their main characters, Rowling said "I can completely understand, however, the mentality of an author who thinks, well, I'm going to kill them off because that means there can be no non-author-written sequels".[15]

* Rowling clarified that "Dumbledore is definitely dead", when asked by Sir Salman Rushdie and others at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. Rowling answered the same question three times, each time with increasing conviction.[57] However, on the set of the Order of the Phoenix film, she remarked; "Dumbledore's giving me a lot of trouble". When asked "But isn't he dead?" by Daniel Radcliffe, she explained; "Well, yeah, but it's more complex ...."[58]

* When asked what questions she should have been asked, she admitted that "the final book contains a couple of pieces of information that I don't think you could guess at", and declined to explain further.[48] On 13 September, 2006 she updated her website saying that when she was asked that question, her mind went blank. Since she couldn't make amends, she created a NAQ section of her website, in tribute to the girl who asked the question. In her NAQ section, she states:

"Why did Dumbledore have James' invisibility cloak at the time of James' death, given that Dumbledore could make himself invisible without a cloak?"

On 29 September 2006, she revealed that Severus Snape was not under the cloak the night of the Potters' death in the Rumours Section of her website.

* Asked which five of her characters she would like to invite to dinner, she chose Harry, Hermione and Ron, but then hesitated before choosing her last characters, saying "See... I know who's actually dead," unsure whether she was permitted to invite those who are 'dead'.[48]

* Lord Voldemort was voted best villain at the Big Bad Read poll. Responding to the news Rowling commented:

"I hope those of you who voted for him in the big bad read enjoy reading about him in book seven, where he finally gets the leg room for which he has been aching all those years in exile."[59]

After Deathly Hallows

As of 2007, Rowling has been working on the Harry Potter stories for 17 years.

* In a 2000 interview through Scholastic, Rowling stated that there isn't a university after Hogwarts and that she did not plan on further Harry Potter books:[60]

Q: Do you think that you will write about Harry after he graduates from Hogwarts? Isn't there a University of Wizardry?

A: No, there's no University for Wizards. At the moment I'm only planning to write seven Harry Potter books. I won't say "never," but I have no plans to write an eighth book.

* When asked about other books similar to Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, she has said that she would consider writing them at some point and that they would also be written for charity. She has suggested an encyclopedia-style tome containing information that never made it to the books, also for charitable purposes.[15][16]

* Rowling jokingly posted on her website saying that if she was to make an eighth book, then it could be called: "Harry Potter and the Mid-Life Crisis."

* Shortly before the release of book 5, in an interview for the BBC, she was asked about Harry's future by Jeremy Paxman:[61]

Jeremy Paxman: So you know what is going to become of all the major characters over the span of the series?

J.K. Rowling: Yeah...yeah.

Jeremy Paxman: Why stop when they grow up? Might be interesting to know what becomes of Harry as an adult.

J.K. Rowling: How do you know he'll still be alive?

Jeremy Paxman: Oh. At the end of book seven?

J.K. Rowling: It would be one way to kill off the merchandising.

* Rowling issued the following statement about finishing the final book on her website:[9]

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Å I always knew that Harry's story would end with the seventh book, but saying goodbye has been just as hard as I always knew it would be. Even while I'm mourning, though, I feel an incredible sense of achievement. I can hardly believe that I've finally written the ending I've been planning for so many years. I've never felt such a mixture of extreme emotions in my life, never dreamed I could feel simultaneously heartbroken and euphoric.

Some of you have expressed a (much more muted!) mixture of happiness and sadness at the prospect of the last book being published, and that has meant more than I can tell you. If it comes as any consolation, I think that there will be plenty to continue arguing and speculating about, even after Deathly Hallows comes out.

^long but informative^

I hope theres and 8th book

You guys are saying if she kills harry, she wont have to make anymore books, but Conan Doyle (author of sherlock holmes) killed him off and had to bring him back due to popular demand

tifsbti6oi.gif

I love how all you people are like "All those Spoilers are Fake" etc, etc, etc. The book has been shipped, somebody leaked it. They have the whole thing on multiple torrent sites, both in a text file, and as an image file with scans of the book opened to all the pages (I'd recommend the text file, the scan is hard to read at some parts). Quit being in denial just because you want to wait to read it, ignore the Spoilers if you will, report them if you must, but no need to quote every single one saying 'it's fake'.

rangesig.gif

Im sorry to say guys, but there is more than likely someone who is going to ruin it for you.

When the half blood prince came out, someone shouted "snape kills dumbledore!!", and someone else also hung a huge banner over a bridge saying that dumbledore dies. <.<

yep, someone was just so bored that they decided to write 700+ pages in the exact style of jk rowling.

Well I read parts of it and I must tell you that it had a lot of style errors.

Hargid's speaking style was different, it was full of Harry/Ginny romance etc...

But it must've taken long time anyway :o

rickastleywh7.png

yep, someone was just so bored that they decided to write 700+ pages in the exact style of jk rowling.

Hargid's speaking style was different, it was full of Harry/Ginny romance etc...

So, someone typed up a book, printed it with chapters, formatting, hard back cover, and everything else to look exactly like the book? You sir, are an idiot.

rangesig.gif

* Tom Riddle's Diary.

* Marvolo Gaunt's ring

Mm, but the reason Dumbledore suggested Nagini was because he thought that he still would have needed a sixth Horcrux; I think that plotwise, JK Rowling would have needed to have Dumbledore suggest that, so that Harry knows a living creature CAN be a Horcrux. However, my guess is that Harry is a Horcrux - it explains the connections between him and Voldemort so well, and also why the scar thing has been so emphasized though we haven't yet seen why it's really important.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

So, someone typed up a book, printed it with chapters, formatting, hard back cover, and everything else to look exactly like the book? You sir, are an idiot.

No need to flame me, leave me in my denial so I may enjoy the book more. There is no need to get angry over it. And I said fan fic as in a story a fan of the series made of how they would have done it. I never adressed these torrents that are popping up. Just people mistaking fan fics for book 7.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

We are not allowing spoilers (whether in hide tags or not) to be posted anywhere on the site until the book is released. All such posts will be removed, and warnings handed out if necessary. Revealing information about a book before it is released to the public is a copyright infringement. I heard on the news this morning that J.K. Rowling is already looking to sue people who leak information before the book's release.

Again, do not post any Harry Potter spoilers, whether in the hide tags or not, until the book is released to the public.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I think you are just extremely ignorant, and pretty narrow minded. Anyway, the release is a few days off, and if all is going to go according to plan, I will be getting it at around 7 am :-k we can discuss more then.