Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

TotalTalker

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished like 5 minutes ago. What follows is a list of things that annoyed me.

Ron and Hermione just pop up and they're all "Oh hi we went into the chamber of secrets while you were gone. Oh btw Ron can speak parseltonge, lol."

Okay why the bloody hell did Tonks have to die? Lupin I can understand, killing off all the Marauders and all that? But Tonks? "Hey, Tonks and Fred died for no real reason, and we're not going to show their families mourning. Sucks for you."

The epilogue hadnot enough stuff in it. What do Harry, GInny, Ron, and Hermione do for a living? Did they even graduate from Hogwarts? Who did Draco marry. Who raised Teddy? (Ah well we'll always have fan fiction.)

What happened to the Dursleys?

Now, things I thought were Awesome:

The "Seven Potters" chapter was great. I can't wait to see that in the movie.

Snape's backstory was perfect.

And pretty much the rest of the ENTIRE FREAKING BOOK!

Two parts of the book were very LOTR-esque. The locket around Harry's neck reminded me of the Ring around Frodo's neck. As for the final battle after Harry's come back from the dead, replace Voldemort with the Mouth of Sauron, the Sorting Hat with Frodo's mithril shirt, Neville with Aragorn, and the students and staff of Hogwarts with the Men of the West. "FOR FRODO!!!!!!"

More to come possibly later.

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

[hide]

Ron and Hermione just pop up and they're all "Oh hi we went into the chamber of secrets while you were gone. Oh btw Ron can speak parseltonge, lol."

Two parts of the book were very LOTR-esque. The locket around Harry's neck reminded me of the Ring around Frodo's neck. As for the final battle after Harry's come back from the dead, replace Voldemort with the Mouth of Sauron, the Sorting Hat with Frodo's mithril shirt, Neville with Aragorn, and the students and staff of Hogwarts with the Men of the West. "FOR FRODO!!!!!!

Ron didnt actually speak parseltongue, he just imitated the sound harry made to open the locket (as both open with the same word). thats why they said he needed a few tries before opening the chamber

and that "lotr-esque" scene, i think youre exagerating. aragorn didnt put on a flaming mithril chain or stuff like that.

tears came out of my eyes when ron, hermione and ginny ran towards "dead" harry :cry:

and i fell off the sofa because of laugher when molly called bellatrix a [bleep] lololol :lol:

by the way jkr said that someone would do magic late in life... who was it??? im pretty confused, i read everything and didnt see who it was!!! did i miss something?!?! :-k [/hide]

mitsubishi64.jpeg

Click my main sig to see my fakes :D

Proud to be Mexican, yay!

I happen to have a question too:

[hide]Where did Neville get the sword of Griffindor from? The fake was supposed to have remained in the vault, and the goblin ran off with the real one, so how did Neville get it? :-k [/hide]

Also

[hide]Look at the end, right after the second fight starts. I don't have the book in front of me, but I realized there was a spelling mistake there when it said something about Percy, and Slughorn still being in his "pjamas". Does the UK have a different way of spelling pajamas or did I catch a spelling mistake?[/hide]

[hide]

Two parts of the book were very LOTR-esque. The locket around Harry's neck reminded me of the Ring around Frodo's neck. As for the final battle after Harry's come back from the dead, replace Voldemort with the Mouth of Sauron, the Sorting Hat with Frodo's mithril shirt, Neville with Aragorn, and the students and staff of Hogwarts with the Men of the West. "FOR FRODO!!!!!!

Ron didnt actually speak parseltongue, he just imitated the sound harry made to open the locket (as both open with the same word). thats why they said he needed a few tries before opening the chamber

and that "lotr-esque" scene, i think youre exagerating. aragorn didnt put on a flaming mithril chain or stuff like that.

tears came out of my eyes when ron, hermione and ginny ran towards "dead" harry :cry:

and i fell off the sofa because of laugher when molly called bellatrix a [bleep] lololol :lol:

by the way jkr said that someone would do magic late in life... who was it??? im pretty confused, i read everything and didnt see who it was!!! did i miss something?!?! :-k [/hide]

she said someone would do magic who'd never done it before, that was Mrs Weasley, look at her in the books, she never does combative magic, just making the washing up wash itself etc.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Ron couldn't speak Parseltongue, but he remembered what Harry had said to the locket of Slytherin "Open" in Parseltongue, and copied that sounds, which I guess was good enough to fool the chamber.

He probably was just grunting and making raspy noises that sounded like what Harry said.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

[hide]

Where did Neville get the sword of Griffindor from? The fake was supposed to have remained in the vault, and the goblin ran off with the real one, so how did Neville get it? :-k [/hide]

i asked myself that same question. maybe the sorting hat has the power to "call" the sword whenever it is needed? :-k

by the way, anyone noticed the slight hint for harry/hermione shipping after ron leaves? if harry/hermione shippers had been right i would have strangled jkr with my own hands![/hide]

mitsubishi64.jpeg

Click my main sig to see my fakes :D

Proud to be Mexican, yay!

When Dobby died I was like "f*ck you, no way! How can she kill of Dobby?!?!?!?!?

Fred, sure, Lupin, sure, Mad Eye, sure, but Dobby?!

I had my fingers crossed that Neville was gonna die in the end...but...well... But the thing that bugs me most was that Harry had to "die" to stop Voldemort...Bit anti-climatic, IMO. And when he came back to life... super anti-climatic.

But overall, I loved this book. Full of suprises and and excellent read.

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

When Dobby died I was like "f*ck you, no way! How can she kill of Dobby?!?!?!?!?

Fred, sure, Lupin, sure, Mad Eye, sure, but Dobby?!

I had my fingers crossed that Neville was gonna die in the end...but...well... But the thing that bugs me most was that Harry had to "die" to stop Voldemort...Bit anti-climatic, IMO. And when he came back to life... super anti-climatic.

But overall, I loved this book. Full of suprises and and excellent read.

DONT FORGET TONKS

True, but for the sake of something just use a hide tag. ::'

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

For god's sake use hide tags! You're spoiling it for all the people who haven't read it yet.

-.- [/hide]

VOLDEMORT KILLS SNAPE

By bothering him to death? :P

And if you're reading a thread about a book 2 days after release and haven't read the book, you deserve to have the book spoiled to you.

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

[hide]

she said someone would do magic who'd never done it before, that was Mrs Weasley, look at her in the books, she never does combative magic, just making the washing up wash itself etc.

She actually said someone would perform magic later in life under desperate circumstances. I dont think that fits Mrs. Weasley I mean she's always been able to do magic.

A lot of things that were supposed to be answered weren't. I thought James and Lily's jobs would be important? I also really wanted to see what happened to the Dursleys. The epilogue was much too short and was pretty much pointless in my opinion. I wanted to know what the trio and Ginny did for a living. And who's the new Head of Hogwarts?? I thought it'd be Harry but apparently not.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

Also I think all those unnecessary deaths were so that people wouldn't ask her questions about the people later and to make it so there weren't any loose ends.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

The Harry Potter encyclopedia will probably tie up all loose ends. <3:

"]doughnutt.jpg

The Harry Potter encyclopedia will probably tie up all loose ends. <3:

What is the H.P. Encyclopedia? Is it the so called 8th book that jkr will do for charity?

As far as I know yeah. It will chronicle all of Harry Potters universe. His chronology, his family, his age, his death, his friends death, ect.

"]doughnutt.jpg

[hide]

Where did Neville get the sword of Griffindor from? The fake was supposed to have remained in the vault, and the goblin ran off with the real one, so how did Neville get it? :-k [/hide]

i asked myself that same question. maybe the sorting hat has the power to "call" the sword whenever it is needed? :-k

by the way, anyone noticed the slight hint for harry/hermione shipping after ron leaves? if harry/hermione shippers had been right i would have strangled jkr with my own hands![/hide]

Nvm I just re-read that part, Neville did pull it out of the hat.

For god's sake use hide tags! You're spoiling it for all the people who haven't read it yet.

-.- [/hide]

If you haven't read it yet, then what the bloody hell are you doing in this thread?

Would everyone who hasn't read it yet please show themselves?

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

Also I think all those unnecessary deaths were so that people wouldn't ask her questions about the people later and to make it so there weren't any loose ends.

She was trying to write a well-paced story, not an encyclopedia. I would have been extremely frustrated if JKR had wasted time on small matters with lesser importance to the story.

I thought the epilogue was just a little weak, and there were times at the beginning when they were wandering the countryside that I got frustrated, but otherwise, I think the seventh book might have been the best.

[hide=My Only Question]My only question is how the hat got the sword back from griphook and gave it to Neville. Definitely an issue that could have used some explanation.[/hide]

Oh yeah, I noticed a few spelling errors too, I think. Didn't bother me so much.

finalsig9wq.gif