Have you ever been hacked?

BoD

Ive been hacked once. It was when I was stupid enough to think "I'm not stupid enough to get hacked" ironic huh?

I didnt have a bank pin because it annoyed me and I thought it would never happen to me. I lost around 1M gp worth of stuff, which was alot for me at the time.

When I got my account back I borrowed my friends rune pic and made mith bars until I had enough to buy a dragon battle axe, from which I was able to use slayer to make back most of the money I lost.

At least I learnt my lesson though.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was like 40 combat last June.

I was hacked for like 5 mins!

I was in Keldgrim (dwarft city) and I was just trying to buy some c-bows. Well, idk what happen but i was trying to teleport to Camelot but my screen went black! Then I was log out and I couldn't get back in! Boy, was I furious! I keep trying to log back in but I ended up in varrock? :?

When I logged in I got the wierdest private message ever!

XXXXXXXXX:Is that account any good?

I was like what the heck? I was like you got the nerve to hack me you (cabbage)

He logs out :evil:

Well, to that day I been using different programs to make my computer a tough thing to hack!

Most likely I was hacked by some of those unknown Runescape Help Sites.

#1 : By someone I know in real life. Went to his house to threaten him and ended up only losing 400k of it.

#2 : Someone named Viking Range who guessed my easy password. He claims to have a program which tests a password for 20,000 names. He's banned a long time ago, and is from a major pure website. What a surprise eh, a pure did it. :roll: I lost nothing, the moron couldn't guess my Bank Pin.

Once, by my cousin :P .

I went to his house and pinched him really really hard, and he gave it all back. He had a really big bruise for weeks :XD: . We laugh about it now, though.

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]

Unfortunately, yes. I've been "hacked" Twice.

1st time: I went to a dangerous site and a keylogger installed itself. I lost over 50 santa hats and 33 masks.

2nd time: I was dumb and fell for the "Jagex blocks your password! ****" scam. Luckily I scared the "hacker" off on my newbie account and all I lost was 3 staves.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

in the wise words of "vicar of dibbaly"(sp):

yes,yes,yes,yes,yes....no

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

Never been hacked cuz I never visit any rs sites other than tipit and some other reputable fansites.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

For all those of you who have suffered this, care to share how much you lost, why you continued playing, and how you bounced back

as for me, I was hacked about a week ago. Lost around 20mil worth of stuff. I was one of those people who thought it would never happen to them. No bank pin or nothing, so they took everything. I am still playing cause i still have nothing better to do in my free time. Currently, my friend spotted me 1 mil, and i am double nat running since i gotta pay him back double.

i been hacked 3 times, both times were when i was a noob lost about 1m all put together...but i been scammed like 50 times ouuta like 40m :?

0mfg0rz.png

IM A RC PKER 4 LIFE

2nd time: I was dumb and fell for the "Jagex blocks your password! ****" scam. Luckily I scared the "hacker" off on my newbie account and all I lost was 3 staves.

Whenever I see someone doing that scam I just yell out a random password ( Obviously not mine ) and watch all the people log out.... lol

I was lvl 45-50(ish) and f2p. I had worked my butt off to mine gold ores, which at the time were worth lots and I don't know how I did it at 50 mining... anyways, after a few weeks of mining i had about 250k full rune, rune b axe, rune pick and axe and some assorted other stuff. In all about 600k. This was ALOT to me back then, but i jest kept play. I now have a bank Pin :) and havn't been hacked anymore.

14279977.png

Back at like 75 combat, I thought I would join a clan. So I posted on TIF that I wanted to join. So I guy asked me for my MSN. I gave it too him, and well, lets just say I went to a stupid site. Bye Bye 4M and 4 Full Rune Sets. :wall:. Oh, I never did get my MSN account back, he stole that too... :shock:

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

It's not that hard to prevent hackings :?

You'd be suprised. When I came back from a break, I took every step to make sure my account was safe. Wrote down all recoveries, password was very good, bank pin, and all that.

I got hacked with over 7k nats and 7k yew longs (6milish in alchs) and an obby set. I don't visit "bad" sites or anything, so there is no other way he got my password other than guessing it (ya right).

Well, it's pretty embarrassing, but yes. XD My password sucked, a lot. I wasn't playing at the time, so I didn't find out until I started again months later, but eh, it was ages ago and it's a lesson learned. I lost my christmas cracker (they were worth 1 mill at the time ><), my armour, runes, all that kind of stuff. I just got out my pick and went to work mining rune ore. It's always good to have skills to fall back on. As far as the cracker goes, well, of course I wish I had it now; seriously, how many skills could I buy up with that kind of cash? But, I prolly would have sold it ages ago for nowhere what it's worth now and squandered my fortune on this and that.