Have you ever been hacked?

BoD

For all those of you who have suffered this, care to share how much you lost, why you continued playing, and how you bounced back

as for me, I was hacked about a week ago. Lost around 20mil worth of stuff. I was one of those people who thought it would never happen to them. No bank pin or nothing, so they took everything. I am still playing cause i still have nothing better to do in my free time. Currently, my friend spotted me 1 mil, and i am double nat running since i gotta pay him back double.

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever felt that there are way to many topics like this? I have.

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

I logged on and my someone tryed to cancel my bank pin the other day :?. Bankpins ftw :thumbsup:

But where did they get my pass? unless i did it by accident :wall:

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

Yes. July 1, 2006. Canada Day. Woke up and found 19.7M missing after being a F2P player for my whole rs career. By the end of the year I got membership, to make my money back. I don't want to get into how it happened, as I have written it before. I am sure if you search my posts, you will find out how.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

When I first started playing, I was hacked about a 4-6 months after I started playing. Halloween mask drop came(2002) and I ended up with about 2-3 mask, and my bank worth was about 300-500k. This was quite a chunk of money at this time, with the Rune twohander being worth about 750k and a battle ax at 450K...Pretty insane.

I get my maks on halloween, and i go on vacation, and 2-3 days later, A kid who is a friend of a really good friend of mine hacks me. I knew it was him..I was only 13-14 at the time(now 17), and I wasn't as advanced with computers as I am now. He hacked me very simply...He knew my recovery questions, having asked me personal questions in game, and having known enough stuff from things he learnt from my friend. He no longer plays, he may have been banned, but at the time, i just couldn't take it.

I had over 2000 coal in my bank(uncerted) and i had quite a few steel items that were worth a good chunk of cash...My bank prolly still had about 100-200k worth of stuff in it.

I didn't care. I quit for a good 9 months...Came back way behind with R2h prices now being around 60k. I became rich again...had a goodtime, and I have been playing runescape since(took a few other breaks in their...Missed the Barrows release and also Dust Devils. It was a fun time tho.

w4M8t.png

Never - I take the security of my account very seriously.

+1

However, i always like to wear junk when i log out in case a hacker gets on to my account. I mean, I want to give them something at least. :boohoo: :thumbsup:

casketwl7.png

Sig Under Construction

Current Goals: FIshing 91/99 Cooking 93/99

Fortunately for me, when I was hacked it was long ago. The hacker took literally everything (800-900k). Bouncing back was easy because it was less than a mill.

Cool55155.png

814 to 99 Hunter

Trimmed Hunter Cape: 99 Cooking

Total Barrows Items: 53

Total Barrows Earnings: 65,545,000gp

I have never been hacked.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Almost.

The weird thing is my account got much more stuff(was hacked in RSC btw) like 500+coal, law runes, a party hat and i think a couple of R2H. :-s

The day when my password was wrong, i knew i was hacked so i enter my recovery questions and SUPRISE~ my account got better. :lol:

The hacker changed the password not the recovery questions :XD: .

:pray: Thank you Saradomin!

skaterlam.png

Twice. First when I was around 65 combat probably. I was f2p and only like 4 months in, a friend asked if I wanted to become a member for free, so I gave him my pass. At this point I kind of wanted to quit RS and this would be the way if I was wrong, so I did it. Then 5 minutes later I realized that I wanted to still play so I recovered my account and all I lost was a Rune Scim or something. The guy just wanted to play on my guy and I found myself next to the wildy, lol.

The second time I got a fake email, I wasn't even thinking at the time and replied, giving up my pass for... Actually 5 accounts or so, lmao. They changed the pass to my main and my next best which was a lvl 36 or something? So I was still f2p, and it was literally that week that I became a millionaire. I felt so happy. I ended up losing it all, including a Sara Large Helm and enough arrows for 75+ Range which was a favorite skill of mine. I was so angry... Then on Tip.it actually, there was a bank sale and I looked in it. I saw 120 Zammy Wines (same amount I had when I was hacked), quite a few arrows, rune sets, Sara Large Helm, and so much more. I kind of thought about it and kept looking. He was selling every single item I had been hacked for, including a lot more, but I found each item. It was mainly the Zammy Wines. Not many people sell them, especially in the same amount that somebody had that was just hacked.

I added them hoping to confront them, but they never got online. Oh well. I started over again and ended up getting quite wealthy imo.

So twice, both stupid moves. Now that I take the security seriously and know what I'm actually doing, I have yet to be hacked, or scammed. Never ever been scammed (maybe overpriced but never scammed).

codguy.png

Codguy.png

once, and i lost around 21m of stuff which included an easter egg, 4m and tons of decent stuff

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

Im sorry but the only way to actually get hacked is by someone who either you let use your account, or someone you know watching you enter your pass and bank pin.

My friend got hacked from his "friend" for about 40m using a keylogger, but the idiot didnt have a bank pin.

so anyone who gets hacked, its your fault for not being security aware.

barrowsmguthan,bob%20baldrick.gif

I have ones, I lost my lvl 102 account Echoekid. He got hacked and lost alot of stuff, later i got it back. Then ones again. When i finaly got it back I made some money and traded it over to my noob account (that account got hacked like a week later). My account finaly got banned by the work of the hacker! Bastard...