Global Warming. Whats your opinion?

britrockdude

Right, I wanna know what people think about this, at least on this board.

I saw an Inconvinient truth last night, and while I knew about most of it, some of it was quite shocking. The fact that theres already been warming and cooling trends for the past 450,000 years, but recently the temperature and co2 levels have soared is quite worrying to me. I watched it with an open mind for both sides of the arguement and I was shocked at everything on there.

I've been looking up stuff relating to both sides of the arguement, and I don't really see something actually disputing that claim. Sure the world is on a warming trend, but it's much warmer than any in the past half million years!

Anyway, what do you all think about this, if anything?

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Global Warming is fooey. When you consider just how much impact our pollution actually matters on this planet, you would realize it's nothing but propaganda. Mankind emits less than 1% of all greenhouse emissions in the world (even the environmentalists will exagerate that to less than 4%).

By the way, I think it's funny that the liberal Congress just shot down a bill proposed by the President that would expand green fuels and clean energy for cars.

Apparently, they want the Democrats to make such breakthroughs and garner the attention. So when you get sick of pollution and high gas prices, blame your congress. The President actually tried to fix it.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

it will happen...but i think we just overreact a bit.

if we dont survive...its our own fault...like darwin said...survival of the fittest.

with our medicines...even the weakest had a chance to reproduce themself so the human was getting weaker.

so i think we just wont survive, we are just to weak. we should let the weaker people die............

but that wouldnt be nice...

so the cause of this problem is...we are to kind....

so what ever we will do... if we do it with our gasses...or we wait till a gigantic mondial eruption...global warming will come

and humanity will end

(note: sad post :cry: )

(me like dots!!! ::' )

By the way, I think it's funny that the liberal Congress just shot down a bill proposed by the President that would expand green fuels and clean energy for cars.

Interesting. Could you get me a link to some information about it, possibly? I missed it and can't find anything conclusive.

locke.gif

Interesting. Could you get me a link to some information about it, possibly? I missed it and can't find anything conclusive.

I just heard it on NPR a few days ago to be honest. I am having trouble locating the actual vote myself.

I did find info on a proposed bill by the President to do the above. The report said it has "mixed feelings" in Congress, but that could be from either side.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Not surprising really, Bari, lots of governments over the world do the same thing (I know ours does).

The truth does come out though, eventually. Look at the whole Clinton-Fox News thing, when questioned about why didn't he do anything to prevent Bin Laden etc. Turns out he did. But less of that, back on topic.

To be perfectly honest, even if our effect on climate change is minimal or non-existant, I think we should still cut down the emissions like all the proposals say. It pollutes the planet in many other ways. Smell, sight, it's nothing short of disgusting.

I think more should be done to combat it. People are just sitting back and getting on with their lives likes its no big deal. It's not only humans that would be effected by the consequences but wildlife would suffer tremendously. People are to greedy though, its all about making money in this world and renewable energy sources just aren't cost efficient.

I feel that it should be seperated from politics, because if it stays a political issue nothing will be done about it, because people on the opposite side of the political spectrum will be obligated by their party to fight it, and people like al gore who fight for change will draw it out as long as possible, so as to to gain more votes from it.

My own few is that, once separated from politics people will take it more or less seriously, depending on how serious it really is (its hard to tell when its a political issue, to much bs flying around to tell whats real), then we can act approprietly, though if is as bad as they say shutting down factorys wont fix anything.

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I think it going to happen but what we done to the environment now we're just speeding up the process

Yes, we could do less to harm the environment, so instead of having global warming charge at us at 100 MPH instead it'll be coming at 99.9 MPH.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

think it going to happen but what we done to the environment now we're just speeding up the process
Yes, we could do less to harm the environment, so instead of having global warming charge at us at 100 MPH instead it'll be coming at 99.9 MPH.

.1 less so that mean we have more time

Gamemonster3.png

Gamemonster3.png

think it going to happen but what we done to the environment now we're just speeding up the process

Exactly, technically it's a difference. Is it all that much to fuss about humans being a big problem? Eh... not so much.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

*ahem* Perhaps some cynicism is due, thanks to nin.

I pushed the button and elected him to office

He pushed the button and he dropped the bomb

You pushed the button and could watch in on the television

Those mother****ers didn't last too long

I'm sick of hearing about the have and have nots

Have some personal accountability

The biggest problem with the way that we are doing things is

The more we let you have the less that I'll be keeping for me

Well I use to stand for something

Well I'm on my hands and knees

Turning in the god of this war

and he signs his name with a capital G

Don't give a [cabbage] about the temperature in Guatemala

Don't really see what all the fuss is about

Ain't gonna worry about no future generations

And I'm sure somebody's gonna figure it out

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person

You hadn't had enough to know what its like

Your only angry cause you wish you were in my position

Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

But forgot what that could be

Theres a lot of me inside you

Maybe your afraid to see

Well I'm on my hands and knees

Turning in the god of this war

and he signs his name with a capital G

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

yep but i bet we'd spend FAR more than 0.1% of our time in order to make that difference.. so we would lose time rather than gain.

global warming = (almost) nothing to do with human influence imho. human activity makes little to no difference.

babelfish - level 180 60th place

strongguy - level 173 69th place

You can already see the effects of all the falling country sizes of ice.

No one is disputing whether the earth is heating up. It is whether this is due to Human cause or not.

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

Everyone who says its caused naturally should go shove their head in the toilet. Do you think its some coincidence that the CO2 levels are all of a sudden way higher than they have ever been now, and that Antartica, the Arctic, and Greenland are pretty much melting away as we speak?... Yes, it would happen naturally, but not this much, and definitely not this fast. People need to smart up (especially us Americans, driving around in our gas-guzzling SUV's all the time, and polluting the air like theres no tomorrow), and start to use alternative energy solutions, buy cleaner cars, not use as much energy, and some of the other things that he mentioned in An Inconvenient Truth. Sheesh.

It doesn't matter to me. I'll be dead by the time anything happens, that is if anything happens.

I hope you never have a family with that attitude.

OK Mr Righteous. What do you do to reduce your *brace yourself for a cringing politically correct phrase* carbon footprint?

Smeg the environment, I'm just saying that attitude sucks. Apply it to any situation, it's an ignorant and selfish stance to have. Most of our life is spent preparing for the future, and it's up to us to ensure a future will exist. No-one else is going to do it.

I'm not saying this in terms directly to the environment, I personally don't know what the hell to believe global warming wise, but man, I hate how people can seriously think like that. If everyone did, he wouldn't even be here to think it.