pures = pointless?

sirgudi

Pures are not useless, they are great for dueling at mid levels and pking at all elvels depending where you go. Mage and rage pures and ddsers are good, go look at the graveyard section. (even though i made my pure ranger a tank mage/ranger and into my main)

The only people who stake pures are other pures. The only people who stake big are pures or high lvls. The only way to make money through staking is luck.

PKing is not good at all lvls. Lets see a 1 def narb take me down at mb...or any other pure for that matter. PKing on a pure is a waste of time; you'll waste more money on food then you will make by PKing a dds or scim.

In other words, pures are useless.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

ive been at the duel arena, and i have realised. even 45 defence pures kinda suck against my 70 def and 79 strength...so what the point in them?

why not just get high strength, then 70 defence, so what...might get 10-20 cmb levels. ul still have high strength, and even better, high defence.

i really dont see the point in leaving one level low, it makes your account worse.

Elvemage has 70 defence, he is a tank. Kids ranqe is 1 defence, he is a pure...and still he refuses to get over 1 defence, when he got owned 3 times by Elvemage.

Post ur thoughts.

~~~Gudi~~~

Sorry, but if you had any sense you would see elvemage is pathetic at pking. Kids Range on the other hand I beleive was maxed as a pure? Thats special, and thats rare. Pures are useful, just not legit most of the times.

Elve my friend and he's cool so.... ya he can pk

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

The only reason pures are made is for fun. So calling them useless is a very dumb argument. Who are you to label someone elses idea of fun useless?

Pures are ment to kill nonpures their level, because most people keep relatively even stats, so pures with high str, or range, or mage can kill them easier than pures, and get their stuff.

And by the way, with 60 att and 99 str, you still hit quite a bit, enough to kill people your level. I mean, its not like he is fighting people with 99 99 or even 80 99, because they are out of his level.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

pures are definitely useful.

Especially if you know how to use them well, if you really know how to manage a pure in such a way and with such an offense you could reach the point where you don't need your defense because your opponent is too busy getting owned to even attack you. So if you combine a pure with a nice mage lvl, preferably 94 to barrage, you will not need the defense at all, and you will be much stronger then other people of the same combat lvl.

Not to mention the way in which pures can get their opponents to die, if you hit constant 15's your opponent will eat and fight back and when h's low on food run or tele. But if you hit constant random numbers and then suddenly a 30 30 or a few 40+ specs, which can EASILY be done by a pure with over 80 strength, which is nothing really, then their opponent will not have time to eat nor tele and will fall over at their feet :)

So that's how pures DO own in several ways ;)

...Silver

yeah, you can still hit high with 60+ defence. its not like a curse to stop all hits 25+.

i constantly hit 26s with my whip and d scimmy in the duel arena.

against barrows.

i would say pures are good until 70 combat, when the defence starts to kick in.

1 def pures are just easy to kill in my eyes, i hit 26/26 dds spec, thats with quite a bad strength bonus. so...with there 1 def + my 75 attack, with 4 chances to hit double 26...there as good as dead.

the first time i ever really members pked, i took d scimmy, full proselyte, dds...against a rune pure.

my dds specs were:

17-0

23-0

24-0

23-0

and his specs were mostly 0s, i think he hit one double 9.

~~~Gudi~~~

Funny how when i fight people with barrows at 81 attack super potted and with prayer i rarely hit them... odd that you "constantly" hit them... you do know what that word means right :wall:

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Especially if you know how to use them well, if you really know how to manage a pure in such a way and with such an offense you could reach the point where you don't need your defense because your opponent is too busy getting owned to even attack you. So if you combine a pure with a nice mage lvl, preferably 94 to barrage, you will not need the defense at all, and you will be much stronger then other people of the same combat lvl.

Not to mention the way in which pures can get their opponents to die, if you hit constant 15's your opponent will eat and fight back and when h's low on food run or tele. But if you hit constant random numbers and then suddenly a 30 30 or a few 40+ specs, which can EASILY be done by a pure with over 80 strength, which is nothing really, then their opponent will not have time to eat nor tele and will fall over at their feet :)

...Silver

yeah, you can still hit high with 60+ defence. its not like a curse to stop all hits 25+.

against barrows.

1 def pures are just easy to kill in my eyes, i hit 26/26 dds spec, thats with quite a bad strength bonus. so...with there 1 def + my 75 attack, with 4 chances to hit double 26...there as good as dead.

the first time i ever really members pked, i took d scimmy, full proselyte, dds...against a rune pure.

my dds specs were:

17-0

23-0

24-0

23-0

~~~Gudi~~~

Funny how when i fight people with barrows at 81 attack super potted and with prayer i rarely hit them... odd that you "constantly" hit them... you do know what that word means right :wall:

So its my fault that higher levels have higher def?

~~~Gudi~~~

...Silver

against barrows.

my dds specs were:

17-0

23-0

24-0

23-0

~~~Gudi~~~

So its my fault that higher levels have higher def?

~~~Gudi~~~

Don't use words you don't know the meaning of... :shame:

Constantly

Main Entry: always

Part of Speech: adverb

Definition: continually

Synonyms: consistently, constantly, eternally, ever, everlastingly, evermore, for keeps, forever, forevermore, in perpetuum, invariably, perpetually, regularly, repeatedly, unceasingly, without exception

Antonyms: at no time, never, temporarily

Also, I did not say that i was fighting higher levels then me... I've lost to a level 85 when we both had whips+barrows...

Pures aren't pointless i won 2mill in two days with one of my ranger pures at the dual arena... most people who are smart know that pures are a money drain unless they either have the skills to kill others consistantly aka-94+ mage/90 range or the stats to win most stakes...

Pures can make a ton of cash if used correctly but almost all of the people who make them these days havn't ever pked and just think they can get rich out of a months easy work :roll:

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

the reason there are no tank pkers and so many pure pkers is because pures are only wearing 100-200k worth of items usually... and tanks would most likely use barrows with about 1m+ of drops

also if a tank tried pking he would probably find himself being tagged by multiple pures which isnt very fun

hoffmanbmx.gif

120+ combat 1800+ total | level 76 rsc

whip drops: 31

abyssal heads: 1

dark bows: 1

Pures do have their uses, and at a higher level 90+ if used properly they will still own a somone with 70 defence

potted and prayer they still hit through torags okay, and most 1 defence pures nowdays have Ancient magics, and last time i checked, ice barrage hits full torags prety well ^_^

but every one dies at some point, its just a matter of preferances what type of pker you make, some are better in some circumstances then others.

clownsigcv9.jpg

when i first started playing rs2 all my friends told me to be a rune pure and getting 45 def so i did. I went pking pked a couple of rune sets then thought not bad. Then later on i was getting owned by so many ppl with like 60-70 def. now im a barrow pure and i have been owning so much. My opinion is 70 def all they way. :thumbsup:

Pamont2.gif

Pamont2.gif

Pure are NOT Pointless for One reason.

THEY DRIVE THE ECONOMY

sharks have fallen to round 750 ATM, imagine if there wre no rune, initiate and 1def pures? Imagine the pricce of sharks? 300ea anyone?

Also POTS.

All those 99 herblore guys trying to sell their pots have a hard time already, imagine if there were no pures/pkers to buy the supplies? The list can go on.

THATS why their not useless.

AussiePride-1.jpg

~>St Jonno<~

Allow me to hybrid ANYONE my level and i have a huge advantage due to my damage range/adaptability.

Pures useless? Yes.

Hybrids uselss? No.

Noob Skillls - 89 Range - 82 Magic - 78 Strength - 80 Hitpoints - 44 Prayer

-69 Combat -

-99 Cooking-

-ANTI PURE BASHER, PURE AND PROUD-

ive just been pking on my tank ranger.

its 62 range, 40 defence and 53 combat.

all of the people who i had fights with were pures, i got 7 kills in 25 mins, made about 100k of rune scimmies, and about 300k of g mauls.

62 range..potted to 70, i max a 15 or 16, i hit loads cos there 1 def, they barely hit cos ipot def to 50.

Tanks own.

~~~Gudi~~~

Also the duel arena isn't the wild lol, you would get owned in the wildy.

Elvemage is a tank, he loses lots when he dies

Kids ranqe is a pure, he can lose to Elvemage 3 times and then get a lucky ko and still make a profit

your gonna die alot as a high level pure but you can still make a profit

Aah so a pure admits they're 2 itemers. Its funny how a pure can try to insult everyone else and wonders why people dont want to fight them often because if they win a dds is the prize, if the pure wins its 300k+ at least.

I don't think they're pointless, it all depends on what they're made for.

If they're made for fun and pking... That's ok, it's just a game and it's meant to be fun.

But you've those really annoying pures, mostly they are in for the pixels and start whining if they can't get an easy kill. Those aren't fun to fight with.

just stake no armour... :wink:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

For staking. But the person has to have some prior knowledge before doing a staking pure, the stats are very different depending which kind of duel you choose.

For wild, it can be fun, but it serves no purpose.

2480+ total

Pures are not useless, they are great for dueling at mid levels and pking at all elvels depending where you go. Mage and rage pures and ddsers are good, go look at the graveyard section. (even though i made my pure ranger a tank mage/ranger and into my main)

The only people who stake pures are other pures. The only people who stake big are pures or high lvls. The only way to make money through staking is luck.

PKing is not good at all lvls. Lets see a 1 def narb take me down at mb...or any other pure for that matter. PKing on a pure is a waste of time; you'll waste more money on food then you will make by PKing a dds or scim.

In other words, pures are useless.

I'm not sure if your just talking about only 1 def pures in that statement about pures not being able to make money, but i strongly disagree. Using myself as an example, I pretty much always make a profit with pking over the use of p pots, sharks, and super sets. I think a lot of people posting here that are saying things like "Pures are useless" Have never actually tried other variations such as 45 defence pures and they were not a good enough pker to actually use them effectively... Stats are not everything, It's how you use them to your advantage and your skill in pking that makes the difference between dieing and koing someone for rune etc.