Should F2P get skill capes?

hybrid2hell

It would be the best in F2P, though.

If they became F2P, it wouldn't have any effect on my play no matter the stats. I don't really care about the stats so much as the emote, though.

How illogical is that!?!?

The stats on all f2p items are pretty poor and you want to continue that trend and have some stupid emote that will entertain you for less than 10 mins then you will use it either when your bored or when some body asks you to do it.

But if you have the stats ASWELL you can do that silly emote and be better in pvp or monster/ boss hunting.

I just think if everything we share has the same stats (like a rune set) then why can't a cape with crap (for members) stats be f2p aswell, the fact that they only contribute a small % is made up for by the length of time it takes to get a 99 in f2p.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't pvp and I rarely need extra bonuses for monster hunting. I'm not saying that there SHOULD be no bonuses, I'm just saying that the stat bonuses would be a, er, bonus. And there really is no need for any large stat bonuses, to begin with. Why have 1 kind of cape that is several times better than any other?

I don't pvp and I rarely need extra bonuses for monster hunting. I'm not saying that there SHOULD be no bonuses, I'm just saying that the stat bonuses would be a, er, bonus. And there really is no need for any large stat bonuses, to begin with. Why have 1 kind of cape that is several times better than any other?

Cos you just worked like a slave for god knows how long to be rewarded with a nice cape that has a good set of stats, a little emote and gives you +1 to that skill.

In members it isn't that great but in f2p it is awesome, relatively speaking.

If you reduce the stats of the cape it is taking away the main attraction of getting the cape.

Emote is a little time waster that every body will get bored if in less than 10 mins. The +1 is a little useless cos you have just slaved away at that skill and JAGEX thinks you want to carry on doing it.

perfetc_666.png

Do you have any idea how easy it would be for jagex to relocate or add some skillcape masters to f2p if they wanted to give f2p skillcapes? Move firemaking guy, give a guy in mages tower a magic cape, etc. Give the skill tutors the cape of their skill that they tutor about. etc. I could probably figure out locations for every f2p skill in half an hour if I tried.

I think they should. And I highly doubt that f2p'ers become members to get a skllcape. Furthermore, by them becoming members, it takes the accomplishment away, in a certain sense; if your p2p, or were ever p2p, people could always argue that you got the skillcape when you were p2p.

Also, list of f2p skills with a skillcape dude in f2p area:

Defence.

Prayer.

Runecrafting.

Hitpoints.

Crafting.

Mining.

Smithing.

Cooking.

Woodcutting.

(Sorry if any of these are wrong, but I'm 90% sure they aren't.)

Also, is there any arguement for them not having skillcapes other then because skillcapes are members, and some members want members things to remain exclusive to members as matter of general principle?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Do you have any idea how easy it would be for jagex to relocate or add some skillcape masters to f2p if they wanted to give f2p skillcapes? Move firemaking guy, give a guy in mages tower a magic cape, etc. Give the skill tutors the cape of their skill that they tutor about. etc. I could probably figure out locations for every f2p skill in half an hour if I tried.

Oh, definitely. Sedridor for magic. Move Ignatius Vulcan to a free spot. Fishing tutor for fishing, Ranged tutor for ranged. Oziach could be attack. Vannaka could be strength. There you go, that's all of them.

Also, is there any arguement for them not having skillcapes other then because skillcapes are members, and some members want members things to remain exclusive to members as matter of general principle?

It's possible they could damage free world PVP by giving members with skillcapes an advantage over free players without skillcapes if the f2p skillcapes still have the same stats. Still, +9 defense +4 prayer isn't much to worry about.

It's possible they could damage free world PVP by giving members with skillcapes an advantage over free players without skillcapes if the f2p skillcapes still have the same stats. Still, +9 defense +4 prayer isn't much to worry about.

There won't be many f2ps with 2 skill capes so it will only be +9 def but it would still make it the best cape in f2p but it isn't overpowered for f2p, it would just make it very desirable.

perfetc_666.png

Cos you just worked like a slave for god knows how long to be rewarded with a nice cape that has a good set of stats, a little emote and gives you +1 to that skill.

In members it isn't that great but in f2p it is awesome, relatively speaking.

If you reduce the stats of the cape it is taking away the main attraction of getting the cape.

Emote is a little time waster that every body will get bored if in less than 10 mins. The +1 is a little useless cos you have just slaved away at that skill and JAGEX thinks you want to carry on doing it.

That is why I say it should be a little better, but not several times. And the main attraction IS the emote, even if it only lasts "10 minutes", which for me, it would last longer. Trust me on that one. And the plus 1 could help in the true maxing of the skill, albeit a very small (probably virtually invisible) help.

When did i say that? If you actually read my post, i said that skillcapes arent the only reason f2pers become p2p. I also never said that skillcapes draw people to becoming members- i said that skillcapes becoming f2p won't draw people to become members, making it a pointless update. Take your own advice and learn to read.... especially when i have had to repeat this multiple times

You insulted me for "posting all day". If you think about it, spending too much time on a "stupid online forum", of which you have 3 times as much posts as me is the same thing. So, have you admitted that you admitted are merely cleverly disguised bumps yet?

Actually, you are responding to my "half-baked" crap atm, the only thing is is that you are ignoring most of it because you know you can't answer.

It wasn't a contradiction. I never said it was. It was an example of your arrogance and irritating nature.

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with the argument;

[hide=wikipedia]

but can also involve pointing out factual but ostensibly damning character flaws or actions which are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and even true negative facts about the opponent's personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent's arguments or assertions. (From the section "Ad hominem abuse" from the wikipedia article "Ad hominem"
[/hide]

I would say thats what you are doing now

You ignored all of the above, lol

Who was the one who said to stop all these off-topic posts?

Talk about hypocrisy.

Er i don't even know what your trying to imply but what does that have to do with anything to do with this article? I'm just commenting that that section of your post existed to point out flaws in my character (flaming, in other words) that has nothing to do with to my argument, so you posting that didn't really make any difference...

Great job at ignoring my arguments and pretending that you can't read them just because you have no idea how to reply to them.

Can't you just [bleep] up and stop bringing that stupid quote in? Just reply to the matter at hand, and stop avoiding it.

Its impossible to debate with YOU because you're continuously avoiding the present matter and keep bringing in other unrelated stuff. Just reply and stop avoiding the arguments by pretending you can't read.

So skillcapes aren't that "special"? 13 Million xp - a few hundred hours of slogging away at something? Not special? My foot. You'll probably say "It's just a game, shut up. I don't care. Because its a game, all arguments that it's hard work are immediately declared null and void." as you've said a lot of times already. This is opinion. Just because something is in a game, doesn't mean its "not hard work" in my opinion.

Ignoring the comments? Lol, tell me about it; you've ignored my comments once again

This isn't what games are for, but players choose to do it, so it can qualify as hard work.

I never said getting skillcapes qualifies as hard work.

Clearly, your argument doesn't make any sense due to contradictions, making it impossible to know what point your trying to get at. And how is this unrelated? Its your post in this exact same argument- unless you are admitting that you changed your argument because you realised you were wrong, thus making it irrelevant to your present argument? I tried to reason with you before, you said that you never said that skillcapes are hard work, then i tried to argue again and then you are saying that skillcapes are hard work. Your argument has no credibility if you agree with something yet disagree with it at the same time. Anyway, despite you contradicting yourself i think i understand what your new argument is. Here's what i wrote to perfectc;

How are skillcapes different to any other item in the game? Do f2pers deserve godswords simply because they take longer to get, and that they would be the "best sword in the game" (according to you, f2pers apparently deserve skillcapes because they are the best cape by far) People say that getting a 99 is horrible, but why would they do it unless it was at least a little fun, which is the point of playing a computer game? Why torture yourself month after month to get a few pixels when you could be doing something constructive, and get the same sense of self satisfaction? All you need to get a skillcape is time, and people with high skills only really get that way because they have more free time than others. If i spent all day killing ants, would it show i'm a dedicated worker or that i have too much time on my hands?

f2pers already can show that they have a 99 in a skill through the highscores. The cape is just another item. Why not make dragon axes f2p so they can show off that they have 61 woodcutting? Why not make Godswords f2p so they can show off that they have lots of money? That and the fact that Jagex would lose money, see my "scenarios".

^There's my reply

as you've said a lot of times already. This is opinion. Just because something is in a game, doesn't mean its "not hard work" in my opinion.

Actually, you are the only one whose been saying that- my post was saying that if you insult me for posting my views on something that is supposed to be based on opinion, (which somehow lowers the credibility of my argument) why are you posting on why i'm wrong in whats supposed to be merely a matter of opinion?

There you go. Also you once again ignored my "scenarios", in addition to most of my post, see above, although i can't say that i'm surprised though.

How are skillcapes different to any other item in the game? Do f2pers deserve godswords simply because they take longer to get, and that they would be the "best sword in the game" (according to you, f2pers apparently deserve skillcapes because they are the best cape by far) People say that getting a 99 is horrible, but why would they do it unless it was at least a little fun, which is the point of playing a computer game? Why torture yourself month after month to get a few pixels when you could be doing something constructive, and get the same sense of self satisfaction? All you need to get a skillcape is time, and people with high skills only really get that way because they have more free time than others. If i spent all day killing ants, would it show i'm a dedicated worker or that i have too much time on my hands?

f2pers already can show that they have a 99 in a skill through the highscores. The cape is just another item. Why not make dragon axes f2p so they can show off that they have 61 woodcutting? Why not make Godswords f2p so they can show off that they have lots of money? That and the fact that Jagex would lose money, see my "scenarios".

Um, are you serious? The whole point behind the release of skillcapes was that there was no recognition, or even acknowledgement, in the game for the significant achievement of reaching level 99 in a skill, something that should have some recognition. Achievements like having lots of money already have recognition. Duh. It doesn't matter how easy or hard it is to get 99. It only matters that you can get 99, and that without a skillcape, it doesn't really mean anything.

If there was a need for skillcapes in p2p that was enough to prompt their original release, that same need is just as strong in f2p.

There are high scores already, and as i said before, do f2p players deserve godswords to show that they have 75attack, or dragon armour to show that they have 60 defence? How are skillcapes any different to any other item?

It doesn't matter how easy or hard it is to get 99. It only matters that you can get 99, and that without a skillcape, it doesn't really mean anything.

And why doesn't it "really mean anything"? Does 70 attack not "really mean anything" if you can't have a abyssal whip? So if a 99 in f2p doesn't mean anything because there isn't a cape, could you tell me what getting a 99 in p2p means, considering that there are skillcapes in p2p?

Also, this paragraph explains why i think that it isn't an amazing achievement

They could do something else but they choose not to, the same way you choose to play runescape.

I choose to play it because its fun and relaxing, not so i can do some extra work. Like i said, people who try to get 99's can't torture themselves into getting a few pixels, surely they would find it at least a little fun, or otherwise they would do something more constructive which gives the same sense

In members skill capes are 3rd best with obby cape and trimmed cape is second best.

You can't compare godsword to a cape, a godsword is a massivly powerful 2 hander and a skill cape is not even the best cape in the game. Dispite this they shouldn't get it cos it is easy, they shouldn't get them cos you don't get them for doing anything special like training for ages on a skill to get it to 99.

But i thought you said that skillcapes should be f2p because they would be the best cape in the game? In which case Godswords should also be f2p because they would be "massively powerful", making it worth it! Why not give f2p all the useless members only treasure trail items out there? Why not give f2pers a godsword but not give them the ability to fight with it? Any how is training for ages to getting 99 "special"? Isn't it the same as getting to 70, but longer? Why not give f2pers abyssal whips, so they can show off their achievment of getting 70 attack?

I think your getting confused as to what a skill/achievement cape is, you get it for getting 99, spending time getting it NOT for reaching an easy level such as 61 for a dragon hatchet. There is a MASSIVE difference in 61 and 99, obviously.

So why can't f2p's have dragon axes so they can show off their achievment, albeit a shorter one?

That means members shouldn't have skill capes, they can show them off on high scores aswell.

But remember members get more content, in this cape an extra cape. Or do f2pers deserve dragon armour to show off their riches? You haven't convinced me that skillcapes are a "special" item that is unique yet.

I have answered your scenarios. There easy to understand, there are 6 paragraphs. ::'

1) He might just quit or kill that same boss monster for several months, the last 3 levels of prayer in f2p take over 2 million clicks so if some body has that kind of focus I am sure killing a monster for several months is fine.

2) JAGEX will never miss the money from a few months membership.

3) Good

4) An extra few f2pers don't become members, so what? JAGEX won't miss there money.

5 and 6) could be bundled together in 1 update then every body is happy

1)The people that have the patience to get 99 prayer in f2p are the people that will never become p2p, either because they think its a bigger achievment that way or because they can't afford it, see scenario 2

2) Yes, its "just a few months membership" but there would be alot of people that did that, resulting in more than just a few months of membership money lost. Wouldn't it be better for f2pers to get an update that encouraged people to get membership rather than discourage?

3.)He would also be happy is Jagex released another update for f2p instead that would also increase the number of members, or potential members. Also, him being happy does not give Jagex more money for more updates

4.)Once again, see section 2. This whole scenario thing was about how Jagex will lose potential money and likewise potential updates; if your argument is "so what?" than that doesn't really answer anything.

5.) and 6.) I made this scenario to show that most new players won't join up because of the promise of getting an item for free after potentially several years of playing the game.

As i have said before, would you consider someone who ripped pieces of paper all day a hard worker or someone with too much time on their hands?

I probably won't be able to post until the weekends guys, or at the least, not be able to reply to each and every post directed at me So be patient until the weekend^^

[hide=hihihi727 wrote]

Um, are you serious? The whole point behind the release of skillcapes was that there was no recognition, or even acknowledgement, in the game for the significant achievement of reaching level 99 in a skill, something that should have some recognition. Achievements like having lots of money already have recognition. Duh. It doesn't matter how easy or hard it is to get 99. It only matters that you can get 99, and that without a skillcape, it doesn't really mean anything.

If there was a need for skillcapes in p2p that was enough to prompt their original release, that same need is just as strong in f2p.

There are high scores already, and as i said before, do f2p players deserve godswords to show that they have 75attack, or dragon armour to show that they have 60 defence? How are skillcapes any different to any other item?

It doesn't matter how easy or hard it is to get 99. It only matters that you can get 99, and that without a skillcape, it doesn't really mean anything.

And why doesn't it "really mean anything"? Does 70 attack not "really mean anything" if you can't have a abyssal whip? So if a 99 in f2p doesn't mean anything because there isn't a cape, could you tell me what getting a 99 in p2p means, considering that there are skillcapes in p2p?

Also, this paragraph explains why i think that it isn't an amazing achievement

[/hide]Level 99 in a skill is indisputably among the most difficult achievements that's built into the game, yet the game has no recognition or even acknowledgement once you reach 99 except to move your level counter up one more. 75 attack isn't an achievement; it's just a random attack level like any other. 99 is the maximum level you can reach. If you don't think it deserves its own reward, fine, I assume you'd have been against the original addition of skillcapes to the game as well, and we can agree to disagree on that point. But if you accept that level 99 is an achievement that should have some in-game reward, then it follows logically that skillcapes should be available to free players. I can see that you don't accept that, so you and I have nothing more to discuss with each other.

[hide=hihihi727 wrote]

When did i say that? If you actually read my post, i said that skillcapes arent the only reason f2pers become p2p. I also never said that skillcapes draw people to becoming members- i said that skillcapes becoming f2p won't draw people to become members, making it a pointless update. Take your own advice and learn to read.... especially when i have had to repeat this multiple times

You insulted me for "posting all day". If you think about it, spending too much time on a "stupid online forum", of which you have 3 times as much posts as me is the same thing. So, have you admitted that you admitted are merely cleverly disguised bumps yet?

Actually, you are responding to my "half-baked" crap atm, the only thing is is that you are ignoring most of it because you know you can't answer.

It wasn't a contradiction. I never said it was. It was an example of your arrogance and irritating nature.

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with the argument;

but can also involve pointing out factual but ostensibly damning character flaws or actions which are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and even true negative facts about the opponent's personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent's arguments or assertions. (From the section "Ad hominem abuse" from the wikipedia article "Ad hominem"

I would say thats what you are doing now

You ignored all of the above, lol

Who was the one who said to stop all these off-topic posts?

Talk about hypocrisy.

Er i don't even know what your trying to imply but what does that have to do with anything to do with this article? I'm just commenting that that section of your post existed to point out flaws in my character (flaming, in other words) that has nothing to do with to my argument, so you posting that didn't really make any difference...

Great job at ignoring my arguments and pretending that you can't read them just because you have no idea how to reply to them.

Can't you just [bleep] up and stop bringing that stupid quote in? Just reply to the matter at hand, and stop avoiding it.

Its impossible to debate with YOU because you're continuously avoiding the present matter and keep bringing in other unrelated stuff. Just reply and stop avoiding the arguments by pretending you can't read.

So skillcapes aren't that "special"? 13 Million xp - a few hundred hours of slogging away at something? Not special? My foot. You'll probably say "It's just a game, shut up. I don't care. Because its a game, all arguments that it's hard work are immediately declared null and void." as you've said a lot of times already. This is opinion. Just because something is in a game, doesn't mean its "not hard work" in my opinion.

Ignoring the comments? Lol, tell me about it; you've ignored my comments once again

This isn't what games are for, but players choose to do it, so it can qualify as hard work.

I never said getting skillcapes qualifies as hard work.

Clearly, your argument doesn't make any sense due to contradictions, making it impossible to know what point your trying to get at. And how is this unrelated? Its your post in this exact same argument- unless you are admitting that you changed your argument because you realised you were wrong, thus making it irrelevant to your present argument? I tried to reason with you before, you said that you never said that skillcapes are hard work, then i tried to argue again and then you are saying that skillcapes are hard work. Your argument has no credibility if you agree with something yet disagree with it at the same time. Anyway, despite you contradicting yourself i think i understand what your new argument is. Here's what i wrote to perfectc;

^There's my reply

as you've said a lot of times already. This is opinion. Just because something is in a game, doesn't mean its "not hard work" in my opinion.

Actually, you are the only one whose been saying that- my post was saying that if you insult me for posting my views on something that is supposed to be based on opinion, (which somehow lowers the credibility of my argument) why are you posting on why i'm wrong in whats supposed to be merely a matter of opinion?

There you go. Also you once again ignored my "scenarios", in addition to most of my post, see above, although i can't say that i'm surprised though.[/hide]I have no idea what this is about and I seriously doubt its relevant. Perhaps you should drop it.

I give up wasting my time debating with you.

I've already said countless times: STOP QUOTING THAT CRAP AND JUST REPLY INSTEAD OF IGNORING POSTS.

Hypocrisy indeed. Saying people ignore posts when you don't even make an effort to reply. Apparently you can't reply in a valid way so you just ignore the post, quote some crap and dodge out of the way of the post totally.

=D> Lets give a round of applause for the winner of the "dodge the post" award!

---------------

Whether f2pers DESERVE skillcapes or not is an issue based entirely on opinion.

You think they don't deserve skillcapes just because they work harder.

I say they do.

How is this issue not based on opinions?

And do you need spectacles? I said "saying someone's wrong doesn't mean its a fact."

Can't you read? In exams and tests, e.g. compositions, there are many things that are based on opinions. So if an examiner says "this is wrong", does it mean its definitely wrong? No. Whether something is right or wrong is OPINION. Honestly, I'm beginning to question your cognitive capability.

Your scenarios are just generalisations and predictions. SCENARIOS. Not real life testimonies.

You don't have any concrete evidence or life stories to back up your so-called "scenarios". So stop asking me to reply to them since they are just guesses (intelligent or not), and are not real proof.

The point is most people don't want this for the stats but rather the status symbol of the cape and the emote.

Harder work isn't really a point here. I respect the people who get 99s in F2P but that was their choice. Obviously it is harder in F2P to get skillcapes but I think skillcapes should remain members as if you really wanted one, you would buy members.

weiyao5.png

Someone's missing the line between practical gear and status symbols... :thumbup:

Also this

Skillcapes are not the best by far. They're an all around good piece of gear, but not the best, and they're a symbol of getting a 99. That's where comparing it to the godsword fails, because that is one of, if not the, best weapon in the game.

Someone's missing the line between practical gear and status symbols... :thumbup:

Also this

Skillcapes are not the best by far. They're an all around good piece of gear, but not the best, and they're a symbol of getting a 99. That's where comparing it to the godsword fails, because that is one of, if not the, best weapon in the game.

I don't own a godsword but everything I have read says whip is the best weapon in game.

perfetc_666.png

Aside from that small detail... :lol:

It's one of the few items in the game that can't be flat out bought, it takes hours to get even if you do buy it, and it's the reward for mastering a certain skill. It's a status symbol and people get one for that reason. For the stats it's cheaper to just get an obsidian or fire cape.

Exactly I don't see the appeal of it.

Fire cape is better and probably cheaper.

Obby cape is a damn site cheaper and just as good as an untrimmed cape.

Personally I think it is just a big sign that says "I have nothing better to do with my time"

But it should be f2p aswell cos it is just fair.

perfetc_666.png

I, more or less, agree with perfetc. They are mostly a status symbol, anyway, which is why I don't care if they have the full statistical bonuses as in P2P. In all rights, they SHOULD be F2P. But it is up to Jagex to decide. Either way, though, it won't change the way I play. I'll get my first 99 when I want to.

I, more or less, agree with perfetc. They are mostly a status symbol, anyway, which is why I don't care if they have the full statistical bonuses as in P2P. In all rights, they SHOULD be F2P. But it is up to Jagex to decide. Either way, though, it won't change the way I play. I'll get my first 99 when I want to.

I agree too.

I don't really care WHETHER they become f2p or not, but I think they SHOULD be f2p. A subtle difference.

I agree too.

I don't really care WHETHER they become f2p or not, but I think they SHOULD be f2p. A subtle difference.

Skillcapes should just be deleted.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I agree too.

Never going to happen.

There really just to show off you have a 99 but it is a little reward in the long run, I assume as soon as you get a cape your like :thumbsup: ::' \' but after the effect of the 99 has worn off and you have done the emote about 50 times your like -.-

skill cape = obby cape with tinsel, yeah it looks different and has 1 or 2 extra uses but after 10 mins you wonder why you botherd to get the tinsel. I think that only applies for the people who are only playing the game for the cape.

If you get the 99 cos you like the skill then the skill cape isn't so bad, but could be better to make it worth while.

As far as caring goes, I don't but I feel if members can have it, why not f2p.

perfetc_666.png

I agree too.

I guess that is an option. Not a very good one, based on how many people have them and love them, though...

I agree too.

Never going to happen.

There really just to show off you have a 99 but it is a little reward in the long run, I assume as soon as you get a cape your like :thumbsup: ::' \' but after the effect of the 99 has worn off and you have done the emote about 50 times your like -.-

skill cape = obby cape with tinsel, yeah it looks different and has 1 or 2 extra uses but after 10 mins you wonder why you botherd to get the tinsel. I think that only applies for the people who are only playing the game for the cape.

If you get the 99 cos you like the skill then the skill cape isn't so bad, but could be better to make it worth while.

I don't wonder why I bothered to get the tinsel. The skillcape looks sooo much better than any other cape. And I almost always use prayer for combat nowadays, so the boost is very relevant. And I only don't use the emote just because I don't use emotes in general. Every time I do use emotes, I'll hit the skillcape emote at least once.

I agree too.

Never going to happen.

I don't wonder why I bothered to get the tinsel. The skillcape looks sooo much better than any other cape. And I almost always use prayer for combat nowadays, so the boost is very relevant. And I only don't use the emote just because I don't use emotes in general. Every time I do use emotes, I'll hit the skillcape emote at least once.

Looks are a matter of opinion, peronally my fav out of skill capes is the slayer but the obby is just as good and with the same stats. Out of all the capes I think the fire cape looks the best.

I never use emotes and I don't see people use them, unless there waiting for a mini game or standing around talking to friends and even then most of them follow each other.

Fire cape even has a +2 prayer bonus and there are plenty of other things to make up for the lack of 2 prayer such as the falador shield or a book.

So if the capes were deleted then there wouldn't be a big loss to the game.

perfetc_666.png

The loss wouldn't be huge, but it would be enough. As for emotes, My friends and I use them constantly when we're not really trying for any levels. Actually, whenever we see each other in game we go nuts with the things. They were better before the update, though.