Archaeology Skill?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have enough skills for now, and I cannot imagine a fun/good use for the archaelogy skill (except for digging up old weapons, which would only be mildy more fun than watching barney)
Heh, i agree.
pan.png

to all the people saying 'i suggested this skill,' 'it's a recent suggestion'

i've been hearing suggestions of an archeology skill for years now, so i'm sure jagex has had plenty of time to work on it if they decided they liked the idea. plus didn't they state once that they're ALWAYS working on at least one new skill at all times?

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

I dunno, seems unlikely to me, but who knows. They've already confirmed that summoning will be an addition to magic if anything, so I believe that leaves the new skill slot open, correct me if i'm wrong. But archeoleogy seems slightly far-fetched; and frankly, might be kinda boring.

I think it'd be cool if they added another combat skill like sailing or something. You could have ships that would travel the runescape seas: fighting other ships in some sort of pvp, fighting sea monsters or NPC crewed ships, and stopping to explore islands on foot. C'mon who doesn't love pirates??? :pray:

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

• 3 weeks later...

some mod on forums said they mentioned hunting in bts because the month would be to empty because of the big update taking up time, doen't thise month seem empty-like to? and when was the last time they did 2 graphic updates and only 1 quest in 1 month? And on forums there was also said the achievment diary was good because its fun and easy to make because its almost no real new content just focussing on excisting. so that makes: 1 smal quest, 1smallish monster update ( only low number of different scropions and other beast wich where updated.)1 easy to make diary and 1 biggish graphic update wich focus on only about 1/20th of the whole update. and also a week without a update wich doesn't happen much.

i wouldn't be suprised if there was a new skill, but not suprissed if there wasn't either.

some mod on forums said they mentioned hunting in bts because the month would be to empty because of the big update taking up time, doen't thise month seem empty-like to? and when was the last time they did 2 graphic updates and only 1 quest in 1 month? And on forums there was also said the achievment diary was good because its fun and easy to make because its almost no real new content just focussing on excisting. so that makes: 1 smal quest, 1smallish monster update ( only low number of different scropions and other beast wich where updated.)1 easy to make diary and 1 biggish graphic update wich focus on only about 1/20th of the whole update. and also a week without a update wich doesn't happen much.

i wouldn't be suprised if there was a new skill, but not suprissed if there wasn't either.

This month hasn't been small at all - the diary and new quest were huge updates

77yLQy8.png

I wouldn't say HUGE. The guy has a good point that the diary added very little NEW content to the game. There wasn't anything spectacular about dream mentor... it was a hard quest, but not very long.

I don't care about the archeology skill (sounds dead boring -.- ), but a Zaros related update would be very interesting.

the Q with this skill is not if, not how, but p2p, or f2p. The muessum will be a big part of it, and so wll be the dig site (probably). But VArrock is freeplay, so could it be part freeplay, we will just have to see next thursday.

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

not going to happen.. Correct me if i am wrong, but currently they are trying to make the game better looking. There are enough skills at the moment.

But do correct me if i am wrong, haven't played in a long time.

Currently Working on: Basically Quit... Messing up my pure atm though// Hehe

Main Name: Anishr

Join the official Barbarian Assult channel, #ba in irc.

i'm sick of these posts...how bout we all just wait and see?

yeah, this happens all the time with nearly every big update. watch them not update varrok till next month :-X

the Q with this skill is not if, not how, but p2p, or f2p. The muessum will be a big part of it, and so wll be the dig site (probably). But VArrock is freeplay, so could it be part freeplay, we will just have to see next thursday.

I would laugh if they released a new skill that was f2p. :lol:

daylen24000.png

daylen24000.png

Gah, I would say Jagex wouldn't do something like that, but lately, I'm beginning to wonder what the hell they are thinking so I won't say there's no way.

However I highly doubt it. It seems so pointless, even though we do have the digsite. -shrugs-

Jagex listened to noobs suggesting the Hunter skill which is worthless, so I bet Archaeology will come out. They do things for8 year olds all the time. And Hunter IS useless...they could have added the only good weapon, Chinchompas without an entire skill.

I ALSO am not really looking forward to a new skill. I hope Jagex leaves things alone right now, and brings out blood/soul crafting or something. They need to improve the skills we already have before the go and make another one.

They improved Crafting nicely though :) With the new jewlery and such. Thats one of the best updates I've seen in a while.

Blakdragon39.png