Archaeology Skill?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be, last year in May was when they released Construction. In the Behind the scenes, it said they would put in to the game, chairs that you can make and sit on. So, they're not exactly saying "Haii evry1, noo skil comin out dis mnoth!" but more of saying it but not saying anything (Oxymoron-ish)

I really cant think of what you would do in that skill. Also, how often would you see archaeologists back in the middle ages?

There already is archeologists in runescape. The digsite, the desert, and even the cave goblins have archeology in them.

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

i hope its a new skill so i can finally track down that darned skilling zezima... im not stalking him <_< >_>.... but really i hope this means archeology, ive always loved watching shows about it and now i can live it! MWUAHAHAHAHHA... oh and another kewl idea would be digging up fossils and bringing them to life with that tower of life that is pretty much useless now

I really cant think of what you would do in that skill. Also, how often would you see archaeologists back in the middle ages?

how often do you see function sinks, dwarf cannons, various non-european fish, ogres, and other stuff in the middle ages? :?

I'm seriously doubting a new skill, and i think various threads has set up people for a let down. We still have to be able to make the ruby bracelet, which needs to tie in with the month's theme...because it says so, and that involves disease. It's seriously gonna be a new quest i believe.

the Q with this skill is not if, not how, but p2p, or f2p. The muessum will be a big part of it, and so wll be the dig site (probably). But VArrock is freeplay, so could it be part freeplay, we will just have to see next thursday.

Isn't positive thinking a great thing ;). Just keep it real...

phata_elise.png

I've just noticed on the gardening trowel that it says when you examine it: 'Not to be used for archaeological digs'. A clue maybe?

Its said that since i can remember. I think it was added just so people could tell the difference between it and the archeological trowel

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

What ever it is, I hope it's not something lame like, experimenting with rock samples, helping out in the natural history section and completing new exhibits by telling the curators about the adventures you've had during your quests and travels. :uhh:

I is a genius!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but what about those new bones that recently got released?

The new ones that came with the goblin town(straight bone and curved bone)? They might end up being linked, though they are already have a use.

vilnn2.png

i agree, i think ther'll be a new skill next week.

As for the ruby necklace, maybe it will be somewhat like the slayer gem.

I think archeolgy would be an awsome skill, and maybe the necklace will like allow you to get a new area to investagate/dig up.

I sure hope they planned for this skill next week!

how often do you see function sinks, dwarf cannons, various non-european fish, ogres, and other stuff in the middle ages? :?

I'm seriously doubting a new skill, and i think various threads has set up people for a let down. We still have to be able to make the ruby bracelet, which needs to tie in with the month's theme...because it says so, and that involves disease. It's seriously gonna be a new quest i believe.

that my friend is something called fantasy

that my friend is something called fantasy

As can be archaeology, and is since its in the game already, just not as a skill.

vilnn2.png

What's a function sink?

Did you mean functioning sink? Like the kind you wash your hands with?

Yes. Runescape has indoor plumbing, i think he meant that.

vilnn2.png

Thats some pretty good investigation...who knows, a new skill might just be upon us (especially since it's been 10+ days since the last update, which means this one is probably gonna be big)

he11sangel5oa2.jpg

^Thanks Lil_Atza!

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. ... Smells like...victory.

If a new skill comes out, i would like it to be archaeology, but these are just hints.. it might not even come out. And last time i checked, when they come out with a new skill, they say it's coming out, they haven't done this yet.

2vuhgcn.png

sounds more like a mini game to me and the last two skills(only ones ive seen come out) have all been annoucned

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

If a new skill comes out, i would like it to be archaeology, but these are just hints.. it might not even come out. And last time i checked, when they come out with a new skill, they say it's coming out, they haven't done this yet.

How many times have people said this already! Jagex stated after hunter was realeased that they would never tell us about a skill before it came out again, as hunter just dissapointed people.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

If you look at the entry in the Knowledge Base, it displays pictures explaining what may be coming. In these pictures are:

Portrait of a king mounted on a wall with it fenced off with ribbons.

A shield inside a glass case. (Perhaps the Sheild of Arrav?)

3 tables with what appears to be chunks of dirt on them, 2 people sitting around one with 2 chunks of dirt and something that looks like a gold ornament in one of the chunks.

A red dragon mounted on a rock surrounded by lava.

From the above, archeology does seem slightly miss-fitting as it seems you will need to bring evidence from several places, not just dug up, of things you have found/slain.

party_banner.jpg