Archaeology Skill?

I think we have enough skills for now, and I cannot imagine a fun/good use for the archaelogy skill (except for digging up old weapons, which would only be mildy more fun than watching barney)

hahaha that made me laugh

bpkwolfen.png

99 Fletching 99 Cooking 99 Thieving 99 herbloree 99 magic 99 crafting 99 smithing 99 attack 99 strength 99 defence 99 hitpoints

99woodcutting 99mining 99 fishing 99 firemaking 99 hunter 99 prayer

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thar be words here

That doesn't mean a thing. I can remember a few months ago with the tower of life, they messed up because they said 2 quests, and there were 3.

Umm...in February (the month with the Tower of Life quest), there was only 2 quests...

Normally there are only 2 quests in a month.. :roll:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

i hope it's not another skill. We have enough of them and old ones could use improvements. Jagex needs to star making quality products, instead quantity.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

No offense, but I think that'd be a crappy skill.

None taken, im saying it looks like what might be coming out, but it wouldn't be my first choice either.

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Gah, I would say Jagex wouldn't do something like that, but lately, I'm beginning to wonder what the hell they are thinking so I won't say there's no way.

However I highly doubt it. It seems so pointless, even though we do have the digsite. -shrugs-

aerynae.png

aerynae.png

aerynae.png

:: Saradomin Girl :: 278/324 Quest Points :: Tip.It Blog ::

Sounds more like a new minigame

Wish it could be a mining minigame :pray:

Mining NEEDS it lol

Most likely a minigame as a reward. May be a search around the map and a Ruby Necklace enchantment to be a teleporter to the area. Otherwise it could be used as a timer style item.

God I hope not...I can see it now.

You dust off the rock....it's a chicken bone

You dust off the rock...it's a rat toe

You dust off the rock...it's a imp skull......noooooo ahhhhhhh

I guess we will just have to wait to find out, not really much more to be said on the matter.

On the topic of that being released as a skill, I know you can't tell before it's realised, but I feel it would be a bit on the boring side.

fishsigfincm1.jpg

You will like to hear this then:

skill suggestions sticky in the suggestions board:

24-25-75-40318548

Archaeology. (See page 57.) Could be an interesting and educational skill. (IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d rather be Indiana Jones than Lara Croft.)

Suggested by: Osijek

Skill name: Archeology

Summary/Synopsis:

It would be a skill not really similar to any current skills so its hard to describe it. It is a non combat skill of researching and gaining rewards from ancients toombs and it could be related to many quests (just remember digsite quest!). It is a slow skill wich would start with doing a required quest (same as herblore does!) but it would orientate to high levels. Meaning for example level 50-60 prayer or 50-60 agility or even 50-60 firemaking would be required to start. This would give people the oportunity and motive to do on some of the currently neglected skills.

Examples of level achievements:

Level 1:basic digsite-> you could only dig up small and pretty useless stuff like toy horses and broken swords.

Level 30-> you could dig up some of the more valuable stuff like for example new kinds of bones.

Level 60-> you would start getting (rarelly) bones that would form skeletons of some of the ancient creatures (dinosaurs, mamoths etc) this would add to some other skills wich i will explain later).

etc.

Level 80+: you could find ancient items such as weapons (aka ancient staff and more like those), best possible bones and items.

How it ties in with existing skills:

Crafting: you could craft those found items into something usefull.

Prayer: would be a great addon so you could level prayer for free if you have gone through alot of trouble to get this skill up.

Combat: ancient items

Construction: you could put completed skeletons of ancient creatures in your house. Very rare and they would be tradeable and obtainable only on very high levels of this skill.

Necromancy: if this skill comes it would be closely tied for obvious reasons.

Why it would be a great addition to RuneScape:

It is totally different than any current skills, slow to train, challenging. Also it would be profitable so it would be worth the time spent on it. It wouldn't bring any new money into game like alchable items.

the problem is that the suggestion was made on 11 march 2007, so it would probably take some time before they'd have the skill ready for release, so maybe this is just a warm-up for the real archeology skill :)

he also talks about digsite and searching tombs for xp and getting people into currect skills being neglected, so either they introduce his skill as some sort of minigame or they really are implanting a complete new skill :o

EDIT: look at what the guy below him posted:

Cool idea, I hope it becomes a skill! A Archeology/Excavation skill would be pretty useful. It would be a great new way to get raw materials for other skills. You could dig up like new kinds of herbs, bones, ores, materials for my skill idea(Pyrotechnics), you could uncover a new rune alter for runecrafting, and possibly new weapons. It would definately be a useful skill.

blood rcing pl0x ? :):):) MEP3

I'd say the Achievment Diary can tie in to an archaeology mini-game to help the Varrok Museum expand its exhibits, similar to the Rag and Bone Man quest. You have to go through the Dig Site, looking for artifacts based on research notes and such that you get from the museum Curator or the researchers in the Dig Site office.

Maybe we'll uncover more history behind the Desert Gods?

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Doesn't sound like a new skill. Sounds more like a new mini-game to me. A new mini-game is more realistic too.
it is a new mini-game!ruby necklace teleport to new mini-game (something to do with zaros?archaelogy mini-game???), who knows..
afbeelding4kopieae2.png

i guess(sp?) that you are right.. but i dont want a new skill -.-

but.... it coul be.... awsome!... but i guees(sp? again...) it isnt :wall:

skodaelf1cm0.jpg

barrows:dh axe, guth chainskirt, ah staffX2, v skirt, t leggsX2,

dagannothkings: zerker

bandos: plate, bootsX3 tassetsX3(1 solo)

If it is a skill, then I have my doubts that it will be anything good.

I mean, six months work on a skill? I thought hunter was unfinished. Lol

My bet is that it is a mini-game. If it is a skill, and a good skill, then we can all be surprised. I wouldn't get my hopes up though, saw too many of my friends mad about the bracelet update.

24-25-75-40318548

Archaeology. (See page 57.) Could be an interesting and educational skill. (IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d rather be Indiana Jones than Lara Croft.)

Summary/Synopsis:

It would be a skill not really similar to any current skills so its hard to describe it. It is a non combat skill of researching and gaining rewards from ancients toombs and it could be related to many quests (just remember digsite quest!). It is a slow skill wich would start with doing a required quest (same as herblore does!) but it would orientate to high levels. Meaning for example level 50-60 prayer or 50-60 agility or even 50-60 firemaking would be required to start. This would give people the oportunity and motive to do on some of the currently neglected skills.

Level 1:basic digsite-> you could only dig up small and pretty useless stuff like toy horses and broken swords.

Level 30-> you could dig up some of the more valuable stuff like for example new kinds of bones.

Level 60-> you would start getting (rarelly) bones that would form skeletons of some of the ancient creatures (dinosaurs, mamoths etc) this would add to some other skills wich i will explain later).

etc.

Level 80+: you could find ancient items such as weapons (aka ancient staff and more like those), best possible bones and items.

How it ties in with existing skills:

Crafting: you could craft those found items into something usefull.

Prayer: would be a great addon so you could level prayer for free if you have gone through alot of trouble to get this skill up.

Combat: ancient items

Construction: you could put completed skeletons of ancient creatures in your house. Very rare and they would be tradeable and obtainable only on very high levels of this skill.

Necromancy: if this skill comes it would be closely tied for obvious reasons.

Why it would be a great addition to RuneScape:

It is totally different than any current skills, slow to train, challenging. Also it would be profitable so it would be worth the time spent on it. It wouldn't bring any new money into game like alchable items.

the problem is that the suggestion was made on 11 march 2007, so it would probably take some time before they'd have the skill ready for release, so maybe this is just a warm-up for the real archeology skill :)

he also talks about digsite and searching tombs for xp and getting people into currect skills being neglected, so either they introduce his skill as some sort of minigame or they really are implanting a complete new skill :o

EDIT: look at what the guy below him posted:

Cool idea, I hope it becomes a skill! A Archeology/Excavation skill would be pretty useful. It would be a great new way to get raw materials for other skills. You could dig up like new kinds of herbs, bones, ores, materials for my skill idea(Pyrotechnics), you could uncover a new rune alter for runecrafting, and possibly new weapons. It would definately be a useful skill.

blood rcing pl0x ? :):):) MEP3

that actually sounds ok..

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Umm...in February (the month with the Tower of Life quest), there was only 2 quests...

were :wink:

Anyway, it could be an interesting skill, but I would prefer a cool minigame...if it was actually useful (not like agility pyramid) it would be fun, minigames are fun.

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

I hope it is a build up to a skill, something Jagex will release in like a years time. In my opinion Hunter was a bit rushed and never got more updates to add to the variety. I don't want Jagex to do something that makes people whine even more, if they do release another skill I really do hope more time is taken into it.

If archaeology does come out, I will be quite keen to get started on it quickly. I used to love digging in my garden to find fossils and stuff in stones. I have a rock on my back garden with an amenite (sp?) imbedded in it. ::'

Very interesting theory, however personally I would not want a new skill this month. The reason: I'm busy enough as it is with other skills! :D I think Jagex should wait a month or two if this was a new skill.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

I couldn't help but notice the recent emphasis on archaeology recently. First the goblin quest, but now we have the update of varrock, which seems dominated by the museum update, as seen in the may BTS, in which said...

In our last update of the month, we will be introducing the new look Varrock, complete with a totally new and redesigned Varrock Museum. YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be able to experiment with rock samples carted over from the Dig Site, help out in the natural history section and even complete new exhibits by telling the curators about the adventures you've had during your quests and travels. Naturally, youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be rewarded for assisting with these things, mainly with good old fashioned chunks of experience. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t forget, youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll also have the new look city to explore, so we're hoping youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll find something to amuse you

There is just two sentences dedicated to the graphic update of varrock, a enormous update, with the rest of the paragraph dedicated to the museum update, which would seem like a much more minor update on its own, unless there is something more to it. It also says we get "chunks of experience." What skill would this go to? It doesn't fit any current ones.

Then we have the ruby necklace, in which the "64 carat update" failed to include. When you do attempt to enchant it, you get a curious message that tells you its going to have a use in the museum update. What would it do?

Also, the varrock/museum update us coming out exactly a year, give or take a few days, after contruction. It also is coming out six months after hunter did, the same amount of time that passed between contruction and hunter. Jagex said they won't be telling us when a skill will come out, because when they did that with hunter people complained and whined every week it wasn't releases, so when the next skill come out we wont have any warning.

I might just be grasping at straws here, i dont know.

I really doubt that this'd be a new skill..theres no real application for it aside from digsite. Personally, I read that as a new mini game, with the ruby necklace performing the same function as the sapphire necklace.

24-25-75-40318548

Summary/Synopsis:

etc.

Regarding the bit I bolded above, maybe you'll be able to dig up (over time) a full 50 piece skeleton of a monster, then use the summoning skill to bring it back to life :ohnoes:.

But really I think it sounds more like a minigame (a harder/longer version of the WOM minigame) as the implication is that it is an ongoing thing. Also the "Our quest in May" is surely intended wording.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

RuneScape needs a skill called intelligence. :-k

Well, seriously it's most likely going to be a quest, might me some sort of minigame too like already mentioned.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005