Anti-More ftp bankspace thread!

lauren1211

yeah the companies can still draw you in just by having you look at their ads, you don't have to click. like with imvu - i kept seeing ads for it over and over again so one day i said "let's see what's so great about this" and downloaded it. it turned out to be crap, but that's a totally different story.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed, i support the ANTI-MORE BANK SPACE!

f2p is the Runescape DEMO, not the full game. to get the full game (and the bank space to go with it) BUY IT! Pay for a membership! freaking simple!

[spoiler=Stats]Decentcoffee.png

Goals Achieved-

99 Firemaking 31/08/07 - 99 Fletching 24/10/07 - 99 Cooking 22/12/08 -

99 Woodcutting 24/01/2010 - 99 Strength 24/05/2010 - 99 Magic 3/06/2010 -

99 Hunter 5/12/2010 - 99 Defence 29/12/2010 - 99 Hp 14/1/2011 -

99 Attack 18/1/2011 - 99 Agility 10/2/2011 - 99 Prayer 9/7/2011 -

99 Crafting 17/7/2011 - 99 Thieving 13/9/2011 - 99 Herblore 1/10/11.

Signed, i support the ANTI-MORE BANK SPACE!

f2p is the Runescape DEMO, not the full game. to get the full game (and the bank space to go with it) BUY IT! Pay for a membership! freaking simple!

you do know that the owner of this thread said that you should not reply bu saying that:

f2p don't pay, but members do. that's why we sould get lots of bank space and f2p shouldn't.

which is exactly what you said (in different wording of course.)

but, f2p do pay jagex money, by ads, unfortunately. they don't pay as much as p2p.

I agree with you. I'm going to f2p soon so I desided to write down what I need in my bank and how will it look. I have like 1-2 lines without anything skilling stuff. So anytime I want to wc or fish there is enough room.

[hide=bank]

Money, Air, Earth, Water, Fire, Mind, Chaos, Death,

Law, Nature, Cosmic, Hat, Top, Robe, Air Staff, Fire Staff,

Cowl, Bodie, Chaps, Vamps, Short, Iron, Steel, Addy,

Large, Plate, Legs, Kite, Scimmy, 2-H, Str (4), Gold Gloves,

Swords, Lobs, Tuna, Empty Empty Feathers, Pickaxe, Axe,

Saph, Emerald, Ruby, Diamond, Chisel, Gold bar, Str, Power,

Yellow Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty

Empty Empty Empty Empty

[/hide]

Row and a half left. I'm pretty sure that's alot. Who needs random event and pointless holiday stuff?.. Maybe the rubber chicken, but that's all I might have in my bank.

Quit RuneScape :)

we need for ramdom events cuz for holidays we have Diango... i made one test when i got easter chicken full set i destroyed it (no space) and forgot (simple forgot) that and when i was going to get it from Diago (after 1 month) i get all full set...so if you destroy your stuff you win some space (all that can be destroyed and got again) so we just need to cool ramdom events like camo or mime or even freaky forest

blackmhween06,Zurutius.gif

My stats

siggymv6.png

Quited RuneScape-17 July 2007, Still fighting for f2p rights

yeah it looks like the consensus is that ftp wants a way to store their random event stuff. then they'll be fine.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

I think random event clothing should just be destroyable, and should just be retrieveable from Diango just like holiday items. That would be an excellent idea for saving those slots. Hell, I don't even care if we get more bank space or not, but this could be a good idea.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

With much embarrassment, I offer my apologies to you. Somehow, some way, I completely misinterpreted your post. It seems that my lack of sleep caused me to miss many key details in your post, thus causing me to read it all wrong. Once again, my apologies. As you may have seen my post in my main thread, I've been extremely caught up in RL issues. It seems that it's taken my toll on me after all. ::'

Well, now that I have a whole new perspective on your post... Let's see if I can start this again.

Before I start, I want to make sure I completely understand what I'm reading this time:

You're posting this thread to address all of the common anti-bank space arguments, and voice your thoughts and opinions in reply to them. This is also a spot for people to post their well thought out arguments, correct?

I appreciate you making such a thread. Perhaps the arguments posted here will be better than the spammy little two-line posts in my main thread. It also helps that someone has posted his or her personal replies to the common arguments, thus allowing more detailed debate on it. Nice idea. I only hope you have more luck in keeping down flames and repetitive arguments than I have had.

I'll try to check this thread often, and just see what arguments arouse. I might even pitch in my own two cents if I have the time. I'll most likely chat with you later, at any rate. Until then, I'm going to be out for the afternoon. Good-bye for now. ::'

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

i just want one thing cleared up, why do YOU personally want no more bank space for f2p?

....ur part of jagex PR team arent u 8-)

:mrgreen:

^^

For some strange reason, i'm glad he started posting again.

Anyway, I remember an older thread on this issue, someone with actual programming knowledge worked out roughly how much extra memory a bank slot should take up - And then did some more fancy things with numbers that I can't remember.

At the end of the day - He came to the conclusion that it would take a considerable amount of extra memory just to give ALL of F2P one extra slot.

But, meh, I can't find that thread... Anyone else have it?

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I am probably one of the only f2pers that agrees that we should not get more bank space. I think what we have is plenty and also i agree with the whole if you don't pay you shouldn't get it argument.

ryansigfp8.pngMSSW2sig.png

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

im a heavy F2p bank space supporter, but i will not flame :wink: i will mearly tell you why i think f2p deserves to be thrown a bone. F2p makes up roughly 6/7 of the runescape population. if they all quit due to fustration (not gonna happen but still) Jagex would lose more money than if all the members desided to quit. Yes i have done the math to prove this to be true, and so has the maker of the original F2p bankspace support thread. I understand your ways by saying you get what you pay for. but i have another theory. i think you are just one of the members who said, mems get more bank space, I need that. if f2p were to get their wish now, id imagine you'd be pretty po'd. so its a very controversal topic. and all is fair game. but at the end of the day, other than money, is there any real reason as to why f2p doesn't deserve more bank space?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Is there any real reason as to why f2p doesn't deserve more bank space?

*Equips +7 Mallet of Dead Horse Flogging*

The only real problem I have with F2P's asking for a few small updates, like bankspace - Is when they demand it. Claiming they 'deserve' it.

Why do you deserve it? You look at ad's. You're not paying, the add companies are paying.

Seriously, demanding for more bank space, is like a hobo in a soup kitchen demanding to be served caviar.

You have the amazing oppurtunity to sample a small part of RS. Absolutely free.

Why don't people understand, F2P isn't RuneScape. F2P is a 'demo' of RuneScape. To get the real deal, you gotta cough up.

That being said, sure - you can politely and respectfully ask for a few new treats now and then. But don't act like it's a right. It's not.

- Gid.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Is there any real reason as to why f2p doesn't deserve more bank space?

*Equips +7 Mallet of Dead Horse Flogging*

The only real problem I have with F2P's asking for a few small updates, like bankspace - Is when they demand it. Claiming they 'deserve' it.

Why do you deserve it? You look at ad's. You're not paying, the add companies are paying.

Seriously, demanding for more bank space, is like a hobo in a soup kitchen demanding to be served caviar.

You have the amazing oppurtunity to sample a small part of RS. Absolutely free.

Why don't people understand, F2P isn't RuneScape. F2P is a 'demo' of RuneScape. To get the real deal, you gotta cough up.

That being said, sure - you can politely and respectfully ask for a few new treats now and then. But don't act like it's a right. It's not.

- Gid.

i don't recall begging, and im anything but a hobo. and f2p runescape is the original runescape style, its not a demo. in a sense i guess it is a little like a demo, but the fact that members choose to feed off the f2p'ers financially (in runescape of course) shows that we (f2p) are worth something to both Jagex and the economy, as well as the runescape economy

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

how many of you f2p'ers click the ad's a day?

very little i bet.

Website that host ad's only get 'paid' from unique clicks per day, just having the ad on the page does not pay itself.

[spoiler=Stats]Decentcoffee.png

Goals Achieved-

99 Firemaking 31/08/07 - 99 Fletching 24/10/07 - 99 Cooking 22/12/08 -

99 Woodcutting 24/01/2010 - 99 Strength 24/05/2010 - 99 Magic 3/06/2010 -

99 Hunter 5/12/2010 - 99 Defence 29/12/2010 - 99 Hp 14/1/2011 -

99 Attack 18/1/2011 - 99 Agility 10/2/2011 - 99 Prayer 9/7/2011 -

99 Crafting 17/7/2011 - 99 Thieving 13/9/2011 - 99 Herblore 1/10/11.

I honestly don't know why jagex just dosen't give us limitless bank space -.-

that'd be rediculous and unrealistic.... ::'

well not really :-k It's not like there is all that many items we can store in the bank after all you can't store more items in the bank then their are items in the game. :D

signature.png

I think F2p should have less bank space. They have too much already. How about like 15 spaces? For their money and maybe a couple items. Also, it should be made so that their inventory space is only like 20 spaces. This would tremendously help the members, because we can get even more bank space. yay! F2p get way too much time to get the feel of the game. There should be a time limit to how long they can play before their account is deactivated and they have to switch to members. That way, there will be even more members..= more money for jagex = more updates.

Right now, the updates are like 1 week apart. I cant wait that long! Us members have gotta get updates every day. Or at least every 2 days. How will we ever manage to play if we did not have a new colorful kalphite or new spiders? oh my god. f2p ask for way too much and take away stuff that should be for members. Like..updates.

Please note the extended sarcasm in the previous lines.

:D :D :lol: Just putting my two cents worth :lol: :lol: i know it makes no sense but oh well.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

I honestly don't know why jagex just dosen't give us limitless bank space -.-

because in real life or even back in medieval times there banks if they had any or even all there stuff was confined to there house..so if you are a little pack rat well to bad...and if you play runescape long enough to have all them holiday items become member or else DESTROY THEM!!! duh!@ and get them back when ever you want for free!!! how can F2P be so dumb....

Lol im a f2p :P but was once a mem...and ftp dont need more bank space..note it is only a trial version

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

Lol im a f2p :P but was once a mem...and ftp dont need more bank space..note it is only a trial version

After playing members I realized that the f2p bank was way too small. Especially with members objects. Didn't you have any members objects?

Tetsuya.png

how many of you f2p'ers click the ad's a day?

very little i bet.

Website that host ad's only get 'paid' from unique clicks per day, just having the ad on the page does not pay itself.

This was covered here:

Yes I also thought that, for each hour you are logged in they get some pennies. That's to compensate for that heavy players use up more memory.

If they only get money for clicked ads it would be impossible for them to break even with the free version (which it does, because of the ads we fund our own F2P version)

Ananke32.png

im a heavy F2p bank space supporter, but i will not flame :wink: i will mearly tell you why i think f2p deserves to be thrown a bone. F2p makes up roughly 6/7 of the runescape population. if they all quit due to fustration (not gonna happen but still) Jagex would lose more money than if all the members desided to quit. Yes i have done the math to prove this to be true, and so has the maker of the original F2p bankspace support thread. I understand your ways by saying you get what you pay for. but i have another theory. i think you are just one of the members who said, mems get more bank space, I need that. if f2p were to get their wish now, id imagine you'd be pretty po'd. so its a very controversal topic. and all is fair game. but at the end of the day, other than money, is there any real reason as to why f2p doesn't deserve more bank space?

there isn't much reasons but the main one is money. thats it. money. jagex wont give away more bank sapce which will cost them money and in return they get less money.. only from ads

I think F2p should have less bank space. They have too much already. How about like 15 spaces? For their money and maybe a couple items. Also, it should be made so that their inventory space is only like 20 spaces. This would tremendously help the members, because we can get even more bank space. yay! F2p get way too much time to get the feel of the game. There should be a time limit to how long they can play before their account is deactivated and they have to switch to members. That way, there will be even more members..= more money for jagex = more updates.

Your actually wanting f2p to get less space? :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:

f2p is fine as is. all i think they need is 1 forum to post on (that's right a f2p forum), and a few ranged quests. as f2p is biased towards melee and mage.

Right now, the updates are like 1 week apart. I cant wait that long! Us members have gotta get updates every day. Or at least every 2 days. How will we ever manage to play if we did not have a new colorful kalphite or new spiders? oh my god. f2p ask for way too much and take away stuff that should be for members. Like..updates.

Please note the sarcasm and satire in the previous lines.

:D :D :lol: Just putting my two cents worth :lol: :lol: i know it makes no sense but oh well.

lol at first i read this thinking "this guy's nuts, he's gonna get flamed so badly... omg" but then i got to the "not the sarcasm" part and i was like "phew"

and prankster_king, apology accepted and to clear it up, this is (as my signature states) a compilation of anti-ftp-bank-space arguments with a little commentary by yours truly. in my opinion (the first one in the first thread) i stated that i do in fact believe ftp should get more bank space. it's just that there's a lot of people who don't and the only outlet for them to discuss that previously was by posting (or flaming, spamming, etc) on your thread.