Obsidian prices up, Onyx prices down

Barihawk

To Evil Eye; Obsidian Shield:

Without gloves - 6750 TokKul

With gloves - 15750 TokKul

So definatly not worth it compared to buying Obsidian capes which go for 21 000 TokKul.

Ah, tyvm :D

I guess I'll stick to capes/rune ore then.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person smelling a better amulet / replacement of fury coming out in the next few months?

I have a little theory that jagex is trying to lower the prices of furies to pave the way for a new, better amulet, while making the fury available to poorer players. If jagex drops the price of furies like this, it reduces the economic impact of a sudden, better amulet, and generally makes players happier.

...Apparently not all players, considering my 14m loss <.<.

How could they make a better necklace? A similar fury but with teleports? Even if they did it will be nerf the next day :-k

How could they make a better necklace? A similar fury but with teleports? Even if they did it will be nerf the next day :-k

Ahh... the possibilites. I'm not even going to list them, its a waste of my time and yours. But just think about it for a quick second; the fury was only 1/3 - 2/3 better than a glory, but around 100 times its price. Jagex realized this, and probably used this to take furies down a notch or 90. However, if there was an amulet actually worth around 5m mathematically, then Jagex would surely try to "fix" one into the game. Therefore, a new amulet that gives new bonuses.

happiehour.jpeg

atm furries on forums are 4.2-4.3 and capes are 260+k

Yeah, if you want to make a 700-900k profit, you better hurry up, otherwise obby items will go up to compensate (or onyx will drop).

I just bought my 2nd Fury for 2.6M in obby items. hat.gif

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

The Rune Ore method doesn't work. The gloves don't make them go up in profit. Unless the person who did it wasn't wearing his gloves when he said it didn't work.

It's about 232 rune ore per onyx, so it's worth it if you want to hop worlds 90 times, or wait for stock to go back down to 0.

Phew, sold mine for 4.3 :D

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

How much do Obby Mauls sell for in store with and without gloves and how much on street?

I think they're arount 17-19k tokkul, and go for 130-150k.

There is already someone on forums buying 30 for 140k, so good luck lol.

What price have you bought your capes at? I've got my 5 for 260k each.. don't know where to go to get them cheaper.. :-s

I got 26 at 270-280k each.

I Know you did :wink:

On the crafting side of things I can say that business has been brisk (14 amulets within the last hour or so) and that the official forums crafting section is basically saturated with gem and amulet sellers(4.1-4.4), no actual buyers, so world 2 is probably holding up better price wise.

My only real worry is everyone is going to heavily over saturate the market in their rush for profits(the market is usually boom-bust but I think this will be more severe), I suppose a new amulet coming is possible, but if it is so, I doubt it will be a crafted one, I feel it is more likely that is just another round of jagexs dumbing down approach.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

ok so i have no fury, and no obby item.

but i want a fury, and i was going to buy one three days ago. so.... what is this topic telling me. . . dont buy the fury for awhile?

ok so i have no fury, and no obby item.

but i want a fury, and i was going to buy one three days ago. so.... what is this topic telling me. . . dont buy the fury for awhile?

if you wanna buy one with just cash then yes wait a while but if you wanna do with obby items then do it now since capes might raise

Wear the new gloves when you sell your "worthless" obsidian items to the weapon store in Tzhaar.

A cape originally sold for 6000 tokkuls.

With level 1 gloves, it sells for 21000 tokkuls.

Using this method, onyx prices are about to plummet, while obsidian prices will rise (due to new uses with the berserker necklace and now less obsidian entering the general market).

Happy birthday.

No moron is going to sell Obsidian Capes for Tokkul. Waste of money, it's the second-best cape in the game. The demand for Obsidian Capes and Obsidian Shields is too high to waste for Tokkul.

I would.

I think I'm gonna have to go get those gloves now..They even look pretty cool.

35b9enp.jpg

Ppl with spare money and a taste for gamble might want to try buying bulk obsidian capes, then wait a little and maybe resell for a profit :mrgreen:

2480+ total

time for my first fury!

off topic: 1000TH POST!!!! WOOT

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard