Obsidian prices up, Onyx prices down

Barihawk

Joyful occasion... <.<

Bought my fury back when they were 4.9m When they went down to 4.8m it just didn't faise me very much. Now im mad. 600k down the drain. So anyone wanna buy a fury for 4.3m #-o

They will be 3-3.5m~ soon, there are so many ways to get them for that price now (runes, obsidian items, rune ore), that unless all of them drastically rise, furies can only decrease further ;)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joyful occasion... <.<

Bought my fury back when they were 4.9m When they went down to 4.8m it just didn't faise me very much. Now im mad. 600k down the drain. So anyone wanna buy a fury for 4.3m #-o

They will be 3-3.5m~ soon, there are so many ways to get them for that price now (runes, obsidian items, rune ore), that unless all of them drastically rise, furies can only decrease further ;)

rune prices are the same so thats out.

Jessy - How much did you sell the other Obsidian items for?

40200 some tokkul for a maul dagger and sword. i dont recall all the sell back prices but it was like 8.5k for the dagger and 17.5k for the maul, so im not doin the math on how much is left.

rune prices are the same so thats out.

But the price to buy the furrys have gone down so it is still cheaper with rune ores than it used to be

yes, i mean rune as in rune stones? i dunno... whatever. not rune ores.

and that theory was kind of proved/disproved in another thread.

i think that obby capes might rise onece they start running out... because that is the main thing being sold to the stores for tokkul to buy onyx gems.. and its also a good way to make money.. today i bought 37 obby capes and sold to buy 3 onyx gems and sold for over 500k profit each

hoffmanbmx.gif

120+ combat 1800+ total | level 76 rsc

whip drops: 31

abyssal heads: 1

dark bows: 1

i bought a fury before glove effect kicked off now they dropped 400k atleast #-o

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

The Rune Ore method doesn't work. The gloves don't make them go up in profit. Unless the person who did it wasn't wearing his gloves when he said it didn't work.

It's about 232 rune ore per onyx, so it's worth it if you want to hop worlds 90 times, or wait for stock to go back down to 0.

Okay - with all the actual data in this thread now, it seems their price is unable to go below ~3mil-3.5mil at this moment anyway. Things are not as bad as they seemed. :P

The Rune Ore method doesn't work. The gloves don't make them go up in profit. Unless the person who did it wasn't wearing his gloves when he said it didn't work.

It's about 232 rune ore per onyx, so it's worth it if you want to hop worlds 90 times, or wait for stock to go back down to 0.

Okay - with all the actual data in this thread now, it seems their price is unable to go below ~3mil-3.5mil at this moment anyway. Things are not as bad as they seemed. :P

Exactly, They can't go down much more, because no one wants to lose money on brining the Gem into the Game. :-w

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

fury prices will most probobly just stay at 4.2-4.3 for now on and obsidian capes will rise to about 350k each. fury prices have always been connected to the price of deaths and chaos runes, and if the price of chaos and deaths dont change, neither will the price of fury.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Well, I suppose I should be happy when I got rid of my chaos and then sold the onyx I got for 4.6m couple days before the update. :-k

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

I believe they will drop bellow 4 mil eventually. It will, after a long period of time, become like the whip, even though it costs a lot to get one, there will be so many in the market people will be willing to sell for less and less.

If you have seen this thread http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=653216&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 then you know that the prices could drop even more with the calculations in there.

sig3gk6.png

I believe they will drop bellow 4 mil eventually. It will, after a long period of time, become like the whip, even though it costs a lot to get one, there will be so many in the market people will be willing to sell for less and less.

If you have seen this thread http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=653216&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 then you know that the prices could drop even more with the calculations in there.

thanks for posting my thread. :XD: I used to think it would be a 990k fury... but that would be with the ores going for 3k tokkul ea. it is a 2.55mil onyx tho, with empty. rune ore+ mauls would seem to work, according to a poster.

Cheaper Onyxes FTW!!!!

Jaderman10.png

Played runescape for about 2 years!

I love SSBB!!!

now when furys are under 4 mil, noone is going to sell deaths and chaos runes to the shop to buy one, so the production is only on obsidian monster killers, and because of that obsidian prices go up, but because they cant produce eunaugh furys they will go up aswell.

the main reason why there are so many onyx stones around is the chaos/death selling business, ive seen people sell 2.7 million chaos to the store to make furys, and whats happent now is, the demand goes up, production goes down, and price rises again.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Selling Obsidian Capes:

With Gloves - 21 000 TokKul

Buying Dragonstones:

With Gloves - 1300 TokKul

Those numbers are correct? So you can trade 1 Obsidian Cape for 16 dragonstones?

Pretty sure.. But good luck trying to find a Dragonstone. Ever. In all the time I've been in the city I have not once seen a Dragonstone in stock.

However, if you do manage to get some then;

Obsidian cape prices (if you're quick) - 260k - 270k each. Sell for 21k Tokkul, buy 16 Dragonstones - 55k - 60k each.

=...uhh.. profit of roughly.. 620k.. :-s

There must be something else.. that amount of profit just makes no sense..

*going to double check Dragonstone prices*

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

how mutch does chaos runes sell for with the new gloves? \'

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

are runes affected by the gloves? if so, someone tell me how many chaos would be needed using the new gloves?

how mutch does chaos runes sell for with the new gloves? \'

All runes sell for the same price, the gloves make no difference with that, so Chaos runes still sell for 9 each.

To everyone else: Proof;

Proof.jpg

I didn't realise the implications of this myself until xn00bxfrei pointed it out. 1 Obby cape = 16 Dragonstones.

As said, Obsidian Capes right now are around 260k, and Dragonstones/Glory Amulets sell for around 60k each. Theoretically, for every 1 Obsidian Cape you buy, and then sell for 16 Dragonstones, you make around 620k profit.

Without a doubt far better than selling around 13 Obsidian capes for 1 Onyx gem.

(although, unfortunatly there are never any Dragonstones in stock.. so you wont be able to do this without some huge luck. i.e World hopping straight after an update when there's a Dragonstone in stock in each world.)

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

just sold my fury 4.3

from these numbers it seems like it should definitely go down and i can rebuy

hope i made a good choice :ohnoes:

You made a good choice, 4m a/w now, buyers for around 3.8 max

I'm already seeing people buying mauls 200k each, I wish I'd had more time and free cash yesterday (picked up 2 for 125k ea but only had 600k left and I had to go :( )

All runes sell for the same price, the gloves make no difference with that, so Chaos runes still sell for 9 each.

Actually, the base price is affected (at minimum stock chaos brings 31 instead of 13). The "max out" price is still the same, so it doesn't affect anything.

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.