Major f2p update of 2007?

Happysniff

NOTE: I AM NOT SAYING THAT F2P SHOULD GET MORE UPDATES, PLEASE READ THE WHOLE TOPIC CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING

The year of 2006 saw many brilliant updates. Hunter, POHs Pest Control, RFD, Stronghold of Security. Wait, Stronghold of Security? Yes, that was in fact an extremely good update for us f2pers. Think about it, we got what we were asking for. We got more monsters, more items, more weapons (one more weapon lol) and even a brand new area to explore. the stronghold of security is perhaps the only area in RS that caters to all combat levels training needs. And it was free. Now many of us would aGree that f2p averages 1 major updaTe a year, yes? Now, here it comes, the question:

IF there is a major f2p update this year what will you expect it to be? What do you WANT it to be? More bank space perhaps, maybe another new area, an enitrely new set of armour? Perhaps a new quest that is actually challenging, perhaps a minigame? Or possibly even a skill. Now hear me out, I am not asking for a new update, I am merely asking IF there is a major f2p update, what would you like it to be?

IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!!!!!

1. Please do not say 'F2p don't deserve updates' or 'We pay, you don't' I am NOT asking for a new update

2. Please do not say 'we need' or 'we deserve' updates, we do not pay

3. Do not turn this thread into a big p2p/f2p flame war

So here is mine: If there is a major f2p update I'd probably like to see just ONE more experienced quest, not a master, just something like Dragon slayer. So what would you like to see?

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTIONS THREAD. PLEASE JUST SAY WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE THE MAJOR UPDATE TO BE, IF THERE WILL BE ONE

happysigbp0.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id probably rule out the mini game, new skill or new set of armor. But maybe a new quest perhaps, maybe something to do with the wise old man in draynor we all are so confused about :-k

clansig7.gif

I agree with the bank thing. You guys get way too little space in there :?

More bank space for all!

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Not to be off topic, but what was '05's big update?

I also have to say that I do not think of the SoS as an update so much as a big newb helper; part of a larger series of newb helper updates. Though it was nice of Jagex to make it fun for everybody.

My prediction: A bigger members holiday event.

Anyway, what I really want for Christmas (or '07 in general) is more bank space.

Not to be off topic, but what was '05's big update?

I also have to say that I do not think of the SoS as an update so much as a big newb helper; part of a larger series of newb helper updates. Though it was nice of Jagex to make it fun for everybody.

My prediction: A bigger members holiday event.

Anyway, what I really want for Christmas (or '07 in general) is more bank space.

Meh, I always thought the game was better in the old days. Much harder to get by as a newb without friends, but it toughened you up in a sense.

I remember slaying goblins for a long time to get gold for a new bronze scimitar. I don't know how many newbs bother doing things like that anymore at all.

tifsbti6oi.gif

I remember slaying goblins for a long time to get gold for a new bronze scimitar. I don't know how many newbs bother doing things like that anymore at all.

I fished anchovies. ANCHOVIES. To afford a steel scimitar. My friend and I were playing and we stumbled across an uncut gem and 1k. \'

On topic- I would enjoy some better ranging (and maging I guess) amour. Warriors get all the way up to the "second" best of the standard armours but rangers only only get up green d'hide.

A mad scientist in the attic, the owner is a vampire that dwells in the basement, a witch, skeletons, ghosts....

And you thought YOUR neighbors were weird!

Either chaos runes craftable for f2p or more bank space. Those wouldn't really change anything for paying members, but they'd help f2p a lot.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

A way for the average player to help crack down on botters.

Like have a magic spell to summon a random event on a player, or on an area, or on a particular resource, X times per day (and, say, use 1 law rune, so people don't use it just for kicks), for any reason the player wants. Honest players wouldn't really be affected even if they get a couple on them per day, but macroers would get dozens spammed on them by angry players, and hopefully can be shut down. 1 Law rune is well worth it to throw a bot off course.

Much better than general increase of randoms, because they annoy honest players as much as botters.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

In 2005 F2P's got the Maple Bows, Addy Arrows and Green D'hide if I'm not mistaken? Or was that 2004? 2005 right?

I'm hoping for some bankspace.

Most lickely something new, both f2p and p2p.

But what I really want is f2p-Achievement capes!

(More info in the Debate Club)

Or some Mage armour is cool aswell.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

just wait... and wait... if you start geussing... youll fail...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Either chaos runes craftable for f2p or more bank space. Those wouldn't really change anything for paying members, but they'd help f2p a lot.

yeah id agree the chaos runes wouldnt make a differance.after all not many people use magic attacks involving chaos runes in p2p so i dont think it will change the economy.i dont have a clue what theyll do bu i always wanted the option in f2p for diango to hold my random event clothes.

tifsdac6mc.gif

So many things they could do...

The best thing would of course be bankspace. It would certainly shut a lot of people up for a while.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

yeah id agree the chaos runes wouldnt make a differance.after all not many people use magic attacks involving chaos runes in p2p so i dont think it will change the economy.i dont have a clue what theyll do bu i always wanted the option in f2p for diango to hold my random event clothes.

they dont cuz pure ess would be f2p mine able again :wall:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

they dont cuz pure ess would be f2p mine able again :wall:

on first quote...it would damage p2p economy a bit, coz p2p rc for f2pers mostly, since p2p barely uses chaos as u said...

secondly. the diango holding random items, never thought of that before,, but it would sure come in handy! had to throw all my full randoms lederhosen zombie and camo+ full easter chicken away for bankspace... F2P BANKSPACE UPDATE

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

What I want:

-Better mage armor

-Finish that last row of bank space

-What EugenyG said, except using about 3 nats, 1 law, 5 air, 5 water, 5 earth, 5 fire, only cast once every 30 minutes

-Something to do with the Wise Old Man, be it his "mini-quests", a new quest (probably won't happen because of Swan Song)

-New area like Stronghold of Security, with a bank and general store at beginning, but testing your knowledge of skills. 4 areas:Mining, Woodcutting, Combat, Fishing. You must answer 5 questions about F2P skills to go through each door and each door passed has better resources. Also, the farther in, the combat area "mixes" into the other areas. Mining = Rock Golems (level 30, aggressive to 50 and below), Nymphs for woodcutting, etc.'

-F2P version of Karamja/Varrock Achievement Diary

My reasons:

-F2P has too many bots

-Too little bank space

-Few updates

-Most updates are only really helpful for noobs

-The quests barely exceed one page in journal

mememe513.png

On topic- I would enjoy some better ranging (and maging I guess) amour. Warriors get all the way up to the "second" best of the standard armours but rangers only only get up green d'hide.

Actually no, rune is not the second best, u've got others like elf crystal and barrows.

On Topic: I feel they should make the achievement capes for f2p, they deserve the effort they put in for 99 in f2p

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)