Monopoly question

TheChamp

Why can building 4 houses on a property be better than a hotel?

I have to answer that question in 1-3 pages. But I have no idea how it can be better. If anybody has any ideas it will be greatly appreciated.

It has to be single spaced and 12 point font. My teacher is really strict I'll probably fail if I change the format of the paper.

oh, just noticed it is 1 page lol, never mind that'd take like 30minutes max...

have fun though :] I have to write a 5 page paper, no doulbe space 13 point font how how the new era had changed from the industrial age to the roaring 20's

Uh... wow.

What class is this for?

Algebra

Well it will probably involve like 'houses are cheaper to buy and in the longrun will get you more moollah'

Something involving lots of numbers -- Good luck :)

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

I'd try working an angle where you calculate the price of buying four houses or a hotel on various squares distributed evenly among the board, and how often an opponent would have to land on that square to break even on either investment, and go from there.

There's a program on the official Monopoly site that calculates the odds of someone landing on any given property. Using those odds, you should be able to calculate whether hotels or houses would give you a greater return to your expense over both a short and long term.

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

Hmm consider the repair costs to be much more having a hotel instead of 4 houses from the chance and community chest cards? :-k

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Don't forget that if you have 4 houses and the bank runs out, no one can build anymore houses :D

I united Mongolia, sent my Mongol Horde across Asia and made it to Europe...

Then my mom vacuumed the room, turned off the Genesis and thus ended my hopes of world conquest.

1144288449402.gif

Don't forget that if you have 4 houses and the bank runs out, no one can build anymore houses :D
Thats not strictly true. Officially if the bank runs out of money then you have to use other things in its place.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yup, writing 1-3 pages about that sounds difficult though. :o

Is this for Uni application Bubs? If so then they normally like odd answers. I remember the example of uses for Socks. And someone wrote about how you could turn it into bikini bottoms with some string lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Is this for Uni application Bubs? If so then they normally like odd answers. I remember the example of uses for Socks. And someone wrote about how you could turn it into bikini bottoms with some string lol

It's not bubsa =\

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

pfft avatar thief.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

He also stole the location idea too. Ages or not, hes not had it as long as Bubsa.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I really don't see how this is going to land you a decent job when you graduate.

Teachers really do strange things sometimes.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I really don't see how this is going to land you a decent job when you graduate.

Teachers really do strange things sometimes.

I think it sounds like a really interesting question, not that I'd do it, but it sounds like it would make you think :) Which is definitely a job skill in most places

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Key points to take into consideration:

-Cheaper!

-Hotels cost more when someone lands on the card that says "upkeep" or whatever and you have to pay per house

-Allows more distribution of wealth

-Green is a better color

-They seem less menacing and thus giving the person a higher chance to subconsciously roll a number that lands him or her onto your housing square

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

You don't have any say in how the dice turn up, however, subconsciously or no. Isn't that the point in board games?
No but by way of the chance cards and jail etc there are certain properties on the board which are more likely to be landed on than others.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Thats not strictly true. Officially if the bank runs out of money then you have to use other things in its place.

Yes, you can substitute other items in place of the money, but hawkwing was correct about the houses.

BUILDING SHORTAGESÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ When the Bank has no houses to sell, players wishing to build must wait for some player to return or sell his/her houses to the Bank before building. If there are a limited number of houses and hotels available and two or more players wish to buy more than the Bank has, the houses or hotels must be sold at auction to the highest bidder.

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy