~Delete Alchemy Spells - Save RS~

Our_Moon

prices are all going up, thats one of your arguments??

logs, bones, runes, armor, weapons ? :-k thats just off the top of my head.

you blame alchemey for somthing that hasnt even happend yet, but is still influenced by autoers lol.

ya like everyone else said, your idea = death of rs

And how else do you expect to make money?

Getting Dragon Chains from the Kalphite Queen?

Getting rare drops from the Daggannoth Kings?

Pking someone?

Killing normal monsters and collect money?

Do constant barrowing?

Craft deaths?

Craft Laws?

Smith/Mine?

Yes, High-Alchemy does add a lot of money to the economy, and yes, it creates inflation. This is why Construction was made, as we all know, prices DROPPED because lots of people had been using their money on the lovely Construction skill (It's a money sink!). That was due to inflation going down, because there was less money. No matter WHAT we do, there will be inflation. For there is ALWAYS money coming into the game. High-Alchemy increases it. (Low-Alchemy does like, nothing!) Then there would also be NO need for other skills such as woodcutting and fletching, they're used for money, which people buy the logs and bow strings and yew longs and magic longs so they can high-alch them for money.

It's not "ruining" the economy, it's increasing inflation. Perhaps having LESS people do it or set a limit PER DAY on the amount of alchs might help, but ridding us of it is just pure ignorance. It helps the economy as well by giving MONEY to people. And giving people JOBS to do so they too can make money! There are few ways to make LOTS of money quickly. There then would be little need to make nature runes for money (Or use for oneself). And considering we cannot craft Bloods yet, there's little use for them except spells for Ancients and the powerful normal magics spells. Deaths, you can easily get from Barrows (Which is also a way to make money) and craft, but you need a high runecrafting level to make them.

But as I said, getting rid of High-Alchemy would actually HURT the economy more than it is now. Prices would DROP due to the drop in inflation because there isn't as much money in the game. This hurts the economy because there are less ways to get sufficient cash. Training grounds, Barrows, the KQ, etc. would become overcrowded because people would need money. Barrow item prices drop drastically, as well as dragon items even moreso!

The CONS of dropping high-alching outweight the PRO's of it. End of story, and please, take some sort of basic economics class, even if you fail, atleast read the textbook, it helps, trust me.

-Wolfy

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Jeese, this mate needs some Runescape lessons. They kill the economy, you say. But without alching, where will GP come from? Some skills, such as construction, are GP sinks. Without alchs, the main source of GP coming into Runescape, the cash will just sink. Not rise, sink. Everything price will drop. Why? Because no one will have any cash to buy anything. Sure, there are some ways to get cash, such as PCing or killing monster for some gold, or sell stuff to the store. But why hassle so much when you can just cast Hi-Alchemy. Dude, brush up before you suggest something this stupid.

Ranged Crave

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

You know what else would solve the problem of rising rares prices?

If Jagex suddenly, without any warning, introduced p hats, masks, and santas into the game as drops from imps. There would be thousands of them in the game and the prices would plummet. Or if they were made untradeable, which I believe should be done.

No, alchs should stay.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

I think he's jealous because he can't high alch anything, so he can't earn proper money.

High alching is arguabely the GREATEST (Free Play) Magic spell that you can do, so don't be so jealous, idiot.

A very stupid, dumb, extremely idiotic idea from a very stupid, dumb, extremely idiotic person!

I dont need a siggy no moar.

You do know if you kill off alchemy there will be less gp in runescape right? If that happens the economy will go wild. Prices will go up and down.

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

Not really has to do much with the post ... you say that there is a overflow of cash because many people alch ... but then many people can just get into pickpocketing and voila easy cash that way also what if every runescape player pickpocketed ? wouldnt there be a overflow of cash then aswell ?

--Sorry for bad spelling ... to tired to care :P --

barrowsmguthan,Slashyourmom.gif

Slashyourmom.gif

-----

Verac skirt x1,Verac Brassard x1, Torag helm x1, Dharok Greataxe x1, Dharok Plate legs x2, Dharok Plate, Ahrim Robeskirt x1, Kharil Skirt

Dragon drops: D med helm

First off if anything prices have been dropping as of late. D chains are down to 13 mill, santas are 18 mill and other rares are either dropping in price or stable so there goes a good portion of your theory. Secondly Jagex has already done something to combat this inflation its called construction which basically just takes huge sums of money out of the economy. So if there even was a problem with too much money coming into the economy it has pretty much been stabilized by construction.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

Yeah...its the 1k's of players that high alch in rs that is driving the economy towards its end...merchanters got nothing to do it...oh you are a merchanter yourself...my bad.

sigqp2bw9.gifIceBlackIce.gif

*** [ END ]: You gained 1,671,000 thieving exp in 9mins 44secs. That's 10,300,684 exp/h.

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt

1. Dumb Topic

2. Jagex will never do this because how else are we to get "easy" money?

2. Will be unfair to new players due to the fact that older players were allowed to use it.

3. The exp is 55 not much of exp

4. Alchemy is a form of Magic

5. Edit the post: Sorry guys for suggesting a really dumb thing

~III. - Our Problem~

~To "Alch" a Yew Longbow, for example, a Yew Log, Bowstring, and Nature Rune have to be made.~

~(Estimated) Profit~

Yew Log - 300 Gp Each

Bowstring - 200 Gp Each

Nature Rune - 300 Gp Each (Including the Pure Essence being mined)

Total - 800 Gp PROFIT per Yew Longbow made

~The point is not that you lose 32 Gp per Alch. It's that for every Bow made, someone, somewhere makes 800 Gp. Whether it's one person or 5, it's still 800 Gp added to RuneScape.~

One major problem with this statement... The 800gp you claim is coming into the economy was already in the economy, i.e. no money is added in to Runescape just by purchasing supplies. Purchasing items from players does not add money into the economy, it simply transfers it.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

you don't seem to know much about economics do you? You seem to have mixed up the supply and demand law you know. With more money pumped into the "big game", prices of natures will soar, yes, soar. Nature runes are a mere 300 gp 2 years ago. What makes you think it is now standing high at 220 each, some even at 230 each? Aside from that, prices of yew logs, mage logs and bow strings will go up along with it. This makes everything GO UP. i.e. skills can earn more therefore, people still can afford rares

Natures up+ rares up= good economy.

drapit.png

If you erased alchemy, the whole market would go boom.

not only would RCers, fletchers, and bowstring pickers be out of business, but the prices of rares likely wouldn't go back down, if anything it would only slow the rising prices temporarily.

especially with bowstrings, they allow money to "trickle down" from the rich alchers to the lower level bowstring makers. Sure, the alcher ends up making more money in the end, but it's probably the best way for someone with 10 crafting to make a lot of money. Without bowstrings, what else will the rich people buy to distribute money to the lower levels? You would be erasing the means to make the money, and not the money.

Mithdragonsig5.jpg

Alch the Marcoers....

Its the marcoers/gold-farmers that affect the economy ( even though i dont know how :lol: )

And about the Hi-Alching Spell not being a Magic Spell..

I am Smelting till 99 smithing and

Hey i know how to smith a rune plate even though its my first time...

Not a Bad idea actually...

IT STINKS...

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

High and Low level alchemy are not ruining runescape at all. On the contrary they are used on occasions when people want to clear out banks and can't find buyers for their items. This is why alching has been created. It helps those who have trouble selling items. Also the items are unlimited, b/c they can always be re-made someway or somehow.

Ex. Armor/weapons (except black) are created from ores, whcih are neevr ending and last forever, b/c they respawn.

~ D Hide- Come from dragons and they always respawn as well.

Everything has a respawn, and it won't ruin it. High alching as I said is for thsoe who can't sell items.

1/= '/0(_) C4/\/ R34D 7H15 7H3/\/ '/0(_) J(_)57 G07 />\/\//\/7!!!!!!!!!!

http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Mortifyer1.png

Mortifyer1.png

Well, it looks as though you don't need a supporters list from everything that I've read... And I read EVERY single post, not just yours...

So I have to agree with everybody that has responded so far (except the guy who said that you're jelous because you can't high alch, since he obviously didn't read your whole post as you stated that you are level 96 magic). We all seem to be on the same page here. Alching = good.

I do seem to fail to see the reasoning behind this:

~III. - Our Problem~

~To "Alch" a Yew Longbow, for example, a Yew Log, Bowstring, and Nature Rune have to be made.~

~(Estimated) Profit~

Yew Log - 300 Gp Each

Bowstring - 200 Gp Each

Nature Rune - 300 Gp Each (Including the Pure Essence being mined)

Total - 800 Gp PROFIT per Yew Longbow made

~The point is not that you lose 32 Gp per Alch. It's that for every Bow made, someone, somewhere makes 800 Gp. Whether it's one person or 5, it's still 800 Gp added to RuneScape.~

Now it may just be me, but that is extremely hard to follow... Let's see now. I'm gonna go out and spend 800gp in order to alch a Yew long for 768gp. Hmmm, I'm gonna loose 32gp per Yew long I alch? Well, maybe if I buy enough of the stuff, and alch them all at the same time, I will come out on top... :wall: Plus, like was stated before, the 800gp you spend isn't being "added" to RuneScape, it is being "redistributed".

C'mon here. Most of the people alching 5,000 Yew longs at a time don't buy everything, they make it all themselves (with exception of the Nats most of the time I'm sure). Alching like this is used for 3 reasons... Reason number one is so that they can craft, or fletch or whatever Yew longs and get the xp for making 5,000 Yew longs. Then they get magic xp for alching them. Then they get money for their efforts.

But I am f2p, so what do I know??? Here's what I do...

Mine 5 iron ores.

Mine 10 coals.

Smelt 5 steel bars from iron and coal.

Smith 1 steel plate from 5 steel bars.

Purchase 1 nature rune.

Weild fire staff.

Alch 1 steel plate body into 1,200 gp.

Why do I do all of this? For the reasons stated above. I get 675 mining xp from mining ores. I get 462.5 smithing xp from smelting and smithing bars and steel plate body. After alching, I then receive 900 gp (1,200-300) for my efforts.

Now if I do this 5,000 times, what would I do with 5,000 steel plate bodys? Who is gonna buy them off me if they can't alch them either? I try to sell them at the general store, but everybody making Yew longs, and d'hide bodys, and steel plate bodies, and on and on and on, are all trying to sell the wares that they made to the general store too... Along with everyone else selling willows, and goblin armours, and bronze stuff they just smithed. I'll sit there for hours before getting an open spot that I'm fast enough to get into...

Do you see my point? If there is no way to get rid of all this stuff from your inventory, other than dropping or selling to the general store, what would you do with it? Why would I train my mining and smithing? To make my own Rune Plate body? By the time I can, don't you think I would have needed that Rune Plate body 100 times over because I got killed from pkers while trying to mine rune ores?

Lion+O+1.png

I have read every word you have typed, and feel that you have put some thought behind what you have said. However, you seem to miss one important thing: High Level Alchemy is what KEEPS the Runescape economy together.

Think, is it only the mages who profit from this spell? Heck no! For every Yew Long alched, there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes.

First you need someone to cut Yew logs.

Then you need someone to pick Flax.

Then you need someone to spin the Flax into Bowstrings.

Then you need someone to cut the logs into bows.

Then you need someone to put the Bowstrings and Bows together.

That is only for the bow!!! If you cut out high alch, who would cut yews? Who would want to train fletching? Who would pick flax? Who would make bows? NO ONE! There would be no one to buy what they have worked hard for!

Now then, for the Nature runes, not as long a list, but impressive anyway.

First you need somone to mine the Pure Ess.

Then you need someone to run 42 (average) essence a run to craft them.

That is still a lot of work for one thing!

If there was no reason to buy the natures, why would anyone? People who train magic using the high alch spell are the main reason that people even train Runecrafting!

Fletching, Runecrafting and Magic go hand in hand. Without fletching, there would be nothing to alch. Without Runecrafting, there would be nothing to alch with. Without Magic, there would be no one to buy the fletchers and runecrafters wares.

High Alchemy is what keeps the Runescape Economy stable!!

If you really want to remove something that bring too much money into the economy, take out RUNECRAFTING. I know people who make over 500k an hour crafting nats. But wait! If you removed high alchemy, they would be out of a job! Hours upon hours of training to get 91 RC wasted! All because someone didn't like a magic spell. How sad...

~The Plums Are On The Rise~

Pflaumen.gif

So alching isn't a real way of training mage, but pest control is?

Your credibility just dropped to zilch.

I think I love you....

Very good point!

~The Plums Are On The Rise~

Pflaumen.gif

how about make it so that the spell involves some kind of actual skill rather than just click button and click item you could you a cool balancing game, ok heres the idea, you have a meter at the bottom of screen like in Tony Hawks games when you grind, you tap left and right to keep it centred, while doing this your player is alching, 1 item per 3 seconds to start with, this increase a slight amount the longer you keep it balanced, no only would this remove autoers, it'd make alching less boring, you could even make it so you get less money to start and this increases to the normal amount after 10 alchs or so

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

~IV. - Our Solution~

~Delete the High-Level Alchemy and Low-Level Alchemy Skills!~

~Why? Here's why:~

-They ruin the RuneScape economy.

-They promote Autoers (anyone can "Auto-Alch.")

-They're not even real Magic-Training! My god, standing in a spot for 100 hours with flashy lights going on and off in your hands IS NOT training Magic! It's Not! Sorry; no! Casting Spells that attack, defend, or aid are Magic.

-Deleting them causes the Nature Rune to drop in value, thus allowing Blood and Soul RuneCrafting to make a bigger impression when introduced.

-They make Magic less of a real Skill. Getting 99 Magic these days just says "I have too much time on my hands!"

-Deleting them forces you to train Magic with real Spells, like Bolts, Blasts, Ect.

-Deleting them makes RuneScape a fairer (harder, yes, but fairer) game.

-DELETING THEM - SAVES RUNESCAPE IN GENERAL, IN THE LONG RUN!

~All i am asking for is a fast, quiet delete of the Spells. I don't want riots. I don't want complaints. (This includes sending Jagex 500 messages a day.) I don't want Jagex to take anything from the Level 60 Pures (no offense) who sit in the Duel Arena all day, challenging people to Duel them with "Obstacles" On. (I also feel "Obstacles" should be deleted. Winning with them On is just saying "I can cheat better than you!")~

~I want RuneScape to continue being a good, fair game for years to come.~

and i suppose u should delete enchants, teles, and all other noncombat magic too? Alchemy is magic, and magic isn't necessarily combat related. It will make nobody at all rc because nats drop price and it will become underused, like farming. Really, these are the worst ideas I ever heard. And btw, ur estimations are way off, i doubt it is 1 in 150 people and also there are things like construction that take out almost everything that alching puts in.

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

People, don't be TOO harsh on this dude. It's obvious that he hasn't been in rs that long. Lets just lock this and be done with it, allright? I think enough has been said to prove this dude wrong. But, Reason and Responsibility are compelling me right now, so read what I'm about to type.

Yes, I am a combat 73 or less f2per. Yes, I am 51 magic. No, I cannot use High Alchemy. This is just to cover my arse from what I'm about to say.

What you are wanting done, no matter how well-intended it was supposed to be, would cause near-irrevocable damage to the welfare of the Runescape community, and in turn JagEx. As has been said before, you should probably try learning a little about Economics, or have someone explain it to you. While the closest I have personally come to an Economics book is a Highschool level Law book, I know how the general population think and can think quite logically, which in this day and age, seems to be in short supply. But that's another topic, let's keep on track.

One argument you seem to be making is that the Alchemy spells is not real magic. One rebuttle to this would be that magic is not real, but this is a game. Keeping that in mind, conceivably magic in this game world could be whatever the creator of the same wants it to be. If this includes the instantaneous turning of random items into gold pieces, the standard currency of the game, then so be it.

Another is that Alchemy hurts the market by adding money too quickly to the market. While if unchecked, this would be true, there's one major flaw in your arguement. It isn't. Let's look at some of the math to prove this, shall we?

Let's take for example, a Steel Platebody.

High Alchemy price: 1200 gp

Steel Bars needed: 5

Average price of Steel Bars: 600 gp

Average price of Nature Runes: 300 gp

600*5+300=3300 gp (the cost of all the materials)

The person wanting fast and easy Smithing and Magic exp would be losing 2100 gp an alch, which is by any stretch a large sum of money. Let's do that math for if they have the required coal;

Iron needed for 5 Steel Bars: 5

Average price of Iron: 100 gp

100*5+300=800 gp (the cost for all materials exept coal)

As shown, this makes for a far less costly way of doing things, even causing a 400 gp profit for the alcher! This however takes considerably more time to do than the first, if you take into account the time needed to get the 10 Coal per Steel Platebody and smelt the bars. For those wanting to train quickly, this option isn't as good as the first.

If one were to remove the Alchemy spells, this equation would be changed. Like so;

Steel Bars needed: 5

Average price of Steel Bars: 600 gp

5*600=3000 gp

If the person just buys their Steel Bars, then this ammounts to 3000 gp per Platebody made. Since the Alchemy spell doesn't come into play, this removes 2 things. First, the Nature Rune cost of 300 gp. Second, and most importantly, the money gained back by casting High Alchemy. This would cause training such things as Smithing and Fletching to become either very costly to train or very slow. This would cause a great deal of strife, as at least (my guess, not official) 60% of all the people that do either use High Alchemy to reduce the cost and time spent on training the same.

This is not to even mention people who are combat junkies (such as myself) and the Runecrafters (not so much, but I like to broaden my horizons more than your Average Joe :-w ). Most people who train combat either use the Alchemy spells to save space or pick and choose what they keep from drops, with the former being the preffered choice (more money overall, and the exp in Magic is beneficial to more than just mages :-$ ). Some, such as myself, use combat as a main means of income. Without the Alchemy spells, most of the decent monsters would become money drainers to train on, instead of money makers. This includes such as the Greater/Lesser Demons (which alone would cause insanity in Runescape), Dragons (with the exeption of Iron, Steel, Black and the KBD), and to a certain extent Otherworldly Beings (the dragon drop is too rare).

Runecrafters would be affected for one major reason. Only roughly One hundred and eleven thousand people out of millions overall can make the next best thing, Law Runes. This would force roughly 618100 people to make a mad dash for 54 runecrafting in order to be able to make money from Runecrafting again, since Nature Runes are near worthless since a massive ammount of buyers goes *poof* overnight. This would cause all the other runes under Natures on that scale to drop like an anvil on Saturn on the price scale, and also the massive influx of people making Law runes would quickly bring them down as well. As can be seen, this would affect nearly everyone in Runescape adversely.

If this, along with previous statements, doesn't get this topic locked, then I will lose all respect for the Tip.It Forum Mods. :cry:

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.