New combat skill?

Kill_Thomas9

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these suggestions of splitting skills can't work for several reasons.

1: It would completely mess up the combat triangle, which jagex has valued sence day one.

2: What would happen to all the people with ranging skill capes or mage skill capes now that they realize that they are back to zero on 1 of the two.

3: the second brings up the point about determining how xp would be split.

I will eat my robin hat if jagex ever splits a skill, exspecially a combat skill.

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

All these suggestions of splitting skills can't work for several reasons.

1: It would completely mess up the combat triangle, which jagex has valued sence day one.

2: What would happen to all the people with ranging skill capes or mage skill capes now that they realize that they are back to zero on 1 of the two.

3: the second brings up the point about determining how xp would be split.

I will eat my robin hat if jagex ever splits a skill, exspecially a combat skill.

you should just give the robin to me :wink:

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Off-topic to chenw's post: How about make Agility synergetic to Defence? It makes sense that your Agility allows you to dodge blows from weapons and things flying towards you whether it's arrows, knives, darts, throwing axes, javalins, spells etc.

That is the exact same thing I said on the first post 2nd page of this thread? :roll:

its summoning, and why are there 4 or 5 threads about an upcoming new skill on the first page of this forum?

I guess possible alternatives could be considered and implemented.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I think creating a new combat skill would be extremly difficult, however maybe a hybriding combat skill, like using spells to enchant arrows, with the elements of shadow, ice, blood etc, or enchanting a weapon with magical properties. Maybe even a ranged melee weapon [God of War anyone =P~ ]

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

Morale : possibly influenced by carrying a musical instrument, or by the number of kills in a certain time period.

Necromancy : a fantastic new skillset with bones/corpses

Dexterity : influcencies accuracy on a new range of bows/swords

Just a few of my ideas :)

Harrington.gif

That is negative, Defence lowers the opponent's ATTACK, not strength (it lowers their accuracy, but not their max hit)

That's exactly what I meant, defence should lower their max hit and agility could become what defence is now. Sorry if it didnt make sense.

Divide Magic and Range into two groups, similarly to Strength and attack.

Magic could have Force (strength) and Focus (attack), and range could have Power (strength) and Accuracy (attack)

This could alter the Pure system drastically. And likely to make pures less effective.

Can't... People allready trained Magic and Ranged so how is this going to split?

0wn4g3 'mkay..?

newbankofrsyq0.gif

hmm well Vannaka (edgeville slayer master) on tutorial island has like 140 sumtin combat, my guess would be summoning to affect combat, if there ever is a new cb skill.

its summoning, and why are there 4 or 5 threads about an upcoming new skill on the first page of this forum?

I've already made my stance on the subject of summoning very clear on this thread. Both of you are getting stabbed in the eye and if Jagex do ever bring out summoning it will be turd.

*Ooooh look at that, I've summoned myself a nice little demon, oh, its gone. Let me summon another one! Oh isn't that pretty, look at all the pretty demons. Next I might take some LSD* <.<

If Jagex ever do bring out summoning I will hold YOU responsible!

EDIT:

Btw, I think summoning would be a great skill. Although it would work much better in games where you use parys to kill stuff. Seems like summoning might be kind of like rsc magic, in the sense that you summon something, and then the monster you summoned just helps you kill the monster, as opposed to actually killing it it's self.

You too....
Sig.jpg

Telekinetic Skills. Like in Second Sight, that's an awesome game for Xbox. Like, Psi Blast, Pyrokinesis, Remote Viewing (Useful for scouting out areas without actually being there), Charm (Equivalent to Invisibility), Telekinesis (Like Telekinetic Grab, but higher level means you're allowed to move bigger stuff and throw it at enemies, possible entry to secret areas?), and Compression (Combat attack, squishes enemy, very, very messy). Some of those were also from Psi-ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy. I love games like that.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

They could split prayer into shadow prayers and holy prayers, the normal prayers would be holy prayer, the shadow prayers would be as follows:(provided you did an extremely hard quest for it, comparable to ME2, and requires defense, to make sure pures cant use this)

*lv50 Dark Scan(+15% attack, +15% strength)

*lv54 Shadow shield(+20% defense)

*lv58 Shade control(+10% attack, +10% strength, 10% defense)

**lv62 Melee shield(protect from melee, antipoison effect)

**lv66 Arrow deflect(protect from range, small chance to send arrows back to enemy, lower chance on other players)

**lv70 Magic mastery(protect from magic, small chance to turn magic dmg into healing)

lv74 Flare(homing retribution, hits up to 25)

lv78 Dark healing(stronger redemption, only doesnt drain your whole prayer)

*lv82 Haste(speed up melee attacks)

*lv86 Arrow split(hits more enemies in multicombat area)

*lv90 Magic potentcy(magic attack ignores defense, extremely fast magic drain)

lv94 Death(if enemy is at low health(less than 1/8), attacks have chance of instantly killing the foe)

lv98 Ultima(use all remaining prayer for an attack hitting 35+ easily, depends on how much prayer is used, ignores all prayers, smite effect, draining a prayer point per 2 points of dmg)

* and ** means that only one of that type can be on, respectively.

Good, but the last 3 seem kinda intense. The lvl 90 one should use twice the runes (except for ancients, which uses 1.5 times the runes.)

The death prayer should do 3/4 of what ever damage that was done to the opponent, to the user.

And Ultima should hit however much prayer is left, up to 35, but has a chance of missing (take the 3/5 prayer left, subtract it from 100, subtract 60, and subtract 10% of the prayer left for the chance of missing. The equation is:

((100 - 3/5 prayer left) - 60) - 10% of prayer left.

ei. if some has 50 prayer left

((100-30)-60)-5)=5. That means the prayer would have a 5% chance of missing, but would hit a 35 if it doesn't miss. But if it does miss, it would drain 10 prayer points.

About Ultima, that would basically completely ruin pking..

Itiessi.png

Returned to Runescape June 2011 after a 3 year break :)

The more obvious ideas(summoning) would simply be another branch of existing skills, rather than new ones. An interesting update would be a massive addition to range, including more thrown weapons(shuriken, possibly primitive smoke bombs that could lower cb stats or do dmg/poison dmg), combat fire arrows that could be used to burn doors, crates, trees, people..., much longer range bows.

And then there's double-wielding. 2 weapons, with 2 spec bars. Imagine, 8 dds specials in only a few seconds... So of course, there would be very heavy losses to defence, and small losses of offensive ability when double wielding.

Just my 2 cents.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Yaaaaaaaaaay. Let's hope they make fighting even more overpowered, we'll be one-hitting eachother soon! -.-

But it's obvious no-one has coming up with anything that JAGeX would ever consider adding to the game anyway. :XD:

Mik2thekel.png

My theory isn't adding a new skill, but it could be.

Make a skill, or use agility, to add more "special" moves to combat. This would add new animations for each one, and do special things, *not like weapon specials, because the weapon wouldn't matter*

So you could do like dodge, go through defense, get around prayer *by using a different type of attack for htat hit etc*

I could think of tons, but I love the idea. Make fighting more random.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014