New combat skill?

Kill_Thomas9

You can't really put more forms of combat in? Since I think we have all of them already. Maybe add more to prayer (but not split it) but not really much you can do.

Summoning isn't a combat skill it's a form of magic (which we already have)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Latino as there aren't really any other forms plus it would be better to just add on to prayer etc.

If they added on an extra combat skill then it would cause a lot of red faces :P Can't really think of a different form though :oops:

Main Goal -->

[hide=]All Stats 70+ And...[/hide]

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

Just as an off-the-cuff thought (you guys and gals could flesh it out), an entirely new combat discipline could be something akin to AD&D Psionics. i.e., use an increasingly trained mind to attack an opponent. The attacks would either be distance ("Mind Flail"??) or toe-to-toe (Hands-on "Brain Crush"). The names are irrelavent, just thoughts.

Whether you could have a whole raft of equipment/clothing to enhance higher psionic levels remains to be discussed....

No doubt this would be up for shooting-down-in-flames, but this is the only "other" combat skill I could come up with, and yes, I know it's not original....

Thoughts

TTFN

Try my fully-graphical

copper_forum.png

RuneScape Equipment Bonus Calculator

at http://www.copperdragon.org/

I thought about a "Technique" skill for a long time before, but didn't post it since Jagex doesn't listen to any suggestions. In a nutshell, you'd be able to do tricks and moves with your weapons and armor and certain weapons can only use certain techniques. Such as a "Technique" which would allow you to hold your shield over your head for 1 attack and completely defend it at a cost of something I hadn't thought of yet.

summoning

summon different lvl monsters to fight with you. If u die, ur monsters die too. So lvl 3 with a fire giant e.g is still weak as a lvl 10 could kill lvl 3 really fast even tho the fire giant can own him in 2 hits.

I agree summoning would be really awesome xD

I'm sick and tired with people bumming summoning. The next person who says it will be a great skill I'm gonna stab em in the eye. Think about it, it'll be the worst skill in the world and get it through your thick stabbable skulls that its never gonna come!!! Grrr -.-

Sig.jpg

summoning

summon different lvl monsters to fight with you. If u die, ur monsters die too. So lvl 3 with a fire giant e.g is still weak as a lvl 10 could kill lvl 3 really fast even tho the fire giant can own him in 2 hits.

I agree summoning would be really awesome xD

I'm sick and tired with people bumming summoning. The next person who says it will be a great skill I'm gonna stab em in the eye. Think about it, it'll be the worst skill in the world and get it through your thick stabbable skulls that its never gonna come!!! Grrr -.-

Lol

Someone peed in your cornflakes this morning?

Summoning idea is a bit sucky though imo...

I think there are no other forms of combat to be added without breaking the medieval theme really. Maybe introduce incendiary devices but we have chinchompas for that I guess.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

They should fix defence so that agility or possibly a new skill is the oppostie of attack, it makes them hit less, and defence is the opposite of strength, it lowers what they can hit on you, would make a lot more sense.

also armour would change so that heavy metal armour lowers "agility" but raises defence whereas light armour such as dragonhide would allow more movement so more "agility" but less defece, so you dodge more but when you get hit, you get hit hard.

I think it should be a new skill and not agility because agility would have to be made for free players then.

Perhaps in the far future there will be a quest that introduces the land that Ak-Haru came from and a set of exotic weapons such as the Bow Sword.

Ak-Haru, or however you spell his name, is the Oriental-inspired character that resides in Port Phasmatys that sells crossbow racks and is part of the One Small Favor quest. The Bow Sword, as introduced in Devious Minds was teased in that a special technique must be learnt before using it.

How about healing.

Perhaps as a new skill you can finally put the cloth that you can weave at a loom to good use; make them into bandages that you can use to wrap wounds. This can then be supplemented by Herblore to prepare bandages that gives higher healing boosts.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

They should fix defence so that agility or possibly a new skill is the oppostie of attack, it makes them hit less, and defence is the opposite of strength, it lowers what they can hit on you, would make a lot more sense.

That is negative, Defence lowers the opponent's ATTACK, not strength (it lowers their accuracy, but not their max hit)

Although it could be introduced into a combat skill called Endurance. The skill also has the benefit of Resisting secondary effects of other attacks, such set Special Effects (Karil and Ahrim as example), Weapon Special attack effects (D Spear, D axe to name but a few), Poison effects, Disease effects, Spell Side effects (freezing time, stat lowering) and overall damage reduction. The exact mechanism of this resistance can be either reduction in chance of applying the effect, reducing the strength of the effect (poison damage, freeze length, etc) or both. Of course mage might be upset if this was applied as they would lose their advantage, but it could be compensated in that higher mage levels help pierce endurance.

Endurance could also help people survive hostile terrains such as desert and other things.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

That is negative, Defence lowers the opponent's ATTACK, not strength (it lowers their accuracy, but not their max hit)

Although it could be introduced into a combat skill called Endurance. The skill also has the benefit of Resisting secondary effects of other attacks, such set Special Effects (Karil and Ahrim as example), Weapon Special attack effects (D Spear, D axe to name but a few), Poison effects, Disease effects, Spell Side effects (freezing time, stat lowering) and overall damage reduction. The exact mechanism of this resistance can be either reduction in chance of applying the effect, reducing the strength of the effect (poison damage, freeze length, etc) or both. Of course mage might be upset if this was applied as they would lose their advantage, but it could be compensated in that higher mage levels help pierce endurance.

Endurance could also help people survive hostile terrains such as desert and other things.

I like it!

Off-topic to chenw's post: How about make Agility synergetic to Defence? It makes sense that your Agility allows you to dodge blows from weapons and things flying towards you whether it's arrows, knives, darts, throwing axes, javalins, spells etc.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Ehm now we have all good prayers.

We could also add evil prayers. You can recharge it using chaos altars, normal altars work for good prayer (old prayers) chaos altars for evil prayer (new prayers)

For prayers I was thinking of prayers that are dangerous instead of protective/boosting.

For example somthing like different damage spells.

Evil strike.

Black bolt.

Chaos blast.

Death wave.

They work similar as fire spells from their type, but instead of runes they drain prayer.

Maybe also some prayers that multiply damage you do.

Blood lust +5% damage with melee

Frenzy +10 X damage with melee

etc...

Ill think of more.

conplaatje3vl9.png

Well, the obvious one for magic could be Lunar and Ancients. Maybe with range it could be divided into classes:- Elf and Modern? et.

IU dont know, just throwing out ideas. :boohoo:

Ehmm.. i dont think they can bring out a new combat skill

But they definitely can update and buff the current ones

Cuz when u look at it, other than magic, fighting in rs is really kinda simple.. if u know what i mean :?

sig2dl4.png

Click for my blog ^ :)

All tipiters feel free to add me! Always looking to meet someone new.

Try this on for size. WORDS!

You can use words to hurt players and npc's. The more eloquent a word (and skill lvl) the more damage you deal out. However, if you use words such as noob and unoriginal "your momma" jokes then you will not deal as much damage.

It was worth a try anyways. Later

They could split prayer into shadow prayers and holy prayers, the normal prayers would be holy prayer, the shadow prayers would be as follows:(provided you did an extremely hard quest for it, comparable to ME2, and requires defense, to make sure pures cant use this)

*lv50 Dark Scan(+15% attack, +15% strength)

*lv54 Shadow shield(+20% defense)

*lv58 Shade control(+10% attack, +10% strength, 10% defense)

**lv62 Melee shield(protect from melee, antipoison effect)

**lv66 Arrow deflect(protect from range, small chance to send arrows back to enemy, lower chance on other players)

**lv70 Magic mastery(protect from magic, small chance to turn magic dmg into healing)

lv74 Flare(homing retribution, hits up to 25)

lv78 Dark healing(stronger redemption, only doesnt drain your whole prayer)

*lv82 Haste(speed up melee attacks)

*lv86 Arrow split(hits more enemies in multicombat area)

*lv90 Magic potentcy(magic attack ignores defense, extremely fast magic drain)

lv94 Death(if enemy is at low health(less than 1/8), attacks have chance of instantly killing the foe)

lv98 Ultima(use all remaining prayer for an attack hitting 35+ easily, depends on how much prayer is used, ignores all prayers, smite effect, draining a prayer point per 2 points of dmg)

* and ** means that only one of that type can be on, respectively.

im gonna change the flare and ultima spell's names to dark flame and apocalypse, respectively

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Try this on for size. WORDS!

You can use words to hurt players and npc's. The more eloquent a word (and skill lvl) the more damage you deal out. However, if you use words such as noob and unoriginal "your momma" jokes then you will not deal as much damage.

It was worth a try anyways. Later

hmmm, dictionary.com's word of the day plus this skill? :twisted:

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

hmm well Vannaka (edgeville slayer master) on tutorial island has like 140 sumtin combat, my guess would be summoning to affect combat, if there ever is a new cb skill.

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Wow, I go to bed, and when I get back from school the next morning it's a 3 page thread... Anyway, seeing a lot of good ideas, although a few are a little... weird... And to the person who said guns, catapults and cannons could be part of an engineering skill, we already have cannons, and jagex said they would never implement guns. (unless they were just saying that to keep us in the dark about it)

Btw, I think summoning would be a great skill. Although it would work much better in games where you use parys to kill stuff. Seems like summoning might be kind of like rsc magic, in the sense that you summon something, and then the monster you summoned just helps you kill the monster, as opposed to actually killing it it's self.

Maybe we would have SP's (summoning points) for summoning. You summon a monster, and it uses a certain amount of SP's. The higher level in summoning you are, the less points it uses. When you get to a higher level, the new monsters take more points. When you run out of SP's, you have to cast a rest spell on yourself. The spell 3 life runes, 10 body runes, and 10 mind runes. To summon a new monster, you buy a specail peice of cloth from the summoning master, and have to cast a spell on the cloth. The spell takes varying amounts of life runes, but the spell needed for summoning a skeleton takes 500 life runes, 50 earth runes, 100 body, 100 mind, and 30 soul runes. After casting the spell on the cloth, you can either right click it, and and select the "learn" option, or can trade it. The level for learning a new spell would be 2 less than the level for enchanting the cloth.

Wow, I go to bed, and when I get back from school the next morning it's a 3 page thread... Anyway, seeing a lot of good ideas, although a few are a little... weird... And to the person who said guns, catapults and cannons could be part of an engineering skill, we already have cannons, and jagex said they would never implement guns. (unless they were just saying that to keep us in the dark about it)

Btw, I think summoning would be a great skill. Although it would work much better in games where you use parys to kill stuff. Seems like summoning might be kind of like rsc magic, in the sense that you summon something, and then the monster you summoned just helps you kill the monster, as opposed to actually killing it it's self.

Maybe we would have SP's (summoning points) for summoning. You summon a monster, and it uses a certain amount of SP's. The higher level in summoning you are, the less points it uses. When you get to a higher level, the new monsters take more points. When you run out of SP's, you have to cast a rest spell on yourself. The spell 3 life runes, 10 body runes, and 10 mind runes. To summon a new monster, you buy a specail peice of cloth from the summoning master, and have to cast a spell on the cloth. The spell takes varying amounts of life runes, but the spell needed for summoning a skeleton takes 500 life runes, 50 earth runes, 100 body, 100 mind, and 30 soul runes. After casting the spell on the cloth, you can either right click it, and and select the "learn" option, or can trade it. The level for learning a new spell would be 2 less than the level for enchanting the cloth.

wow you're on to something here. but instead of casting a spell to recharge SP's, y not pray at chaos alters? that makes more sense to me. since summoning is a dark art and all... and also, maybe you could make it just like prayer? click on a menu to bring up what u can summon. click on the summon's icon to summon it, and it stays till u click again or till ur SP's run out. question is, how would u train it?

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

wow you're on to something here. but instead of casting a spell to recharge SP's, y not pray at chaos alters? that makes more sense to me. since summoning is a dark art and all... and also, maybe you could make it just like prayer? click on a menu to bring up what u can summon. click on the summon's icon to summon it, and it stays till u click again or till ur SP's run out. question is, how would u train it?

The problem with not casting a spell would be that there would be no use for life runes. At first I was thinking about just pressing a rest button, and you would rest for 3 minutes or so, and it would also cure any stat problems (ie. poision, disease, ect). Rest would also be inturrupted by combat. And you wouldn't have to wait the full 3 minutes. After a 1.5 minutes, you could get up, and you would be 50% healed.

You summon a monster by clicking on the summoner menu, and clicking on the picture (or text) or the monster you want to summon. The spell you cast would then last 4 or 5 seconds (hopefully would have an ownage animation). If you move somewhere, or get attacked, you get a message saying "your summoning was inturupted" The higher level the monster, the longer it takes. The higher level you are, the faster the spell goes. Just as a side note, your SP goes up as your level increases. And if you die, the monster you summoned could do some cool animation or something where it walks around for a second, then lets out a weird cry, and disolves into little light particles that fly up into the black void in runescape which we call the sky. (we dont actually have a sky if you havn't noticed.)