MEP2 without a guide - did you dare to take the challange

Matok

Yesterday i finnaly gathered enough energy to do MEP2 (and yea, believe anything they tell you, its dark & long).

So, i opened 2 quest guides, read a bit about the story line (seen better btw) and off we go.

While advancing from pillar to pillar,crystal to crystal, this little thought start buzzing and this buzz just got loader and loader as i continued:

who the hell cracked this quest without using a guide????

who was insane enough to spend hours & probably days trying to unlock all doors.(except from the guide writters ofcourse - gr8 job btw)

Are you one of them?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I haven't done MEP2 (haven't even done Regicide yet :oops: ) I shall attempt it without a guide... partially. My preferred way of doing quests is to use a guide to ensure that I have all the items required available beforehand and to check out the bosses. The rest (the puzzles, the plot, the fun *real* bits of the quest) is all done by me... I imagine the rest of the Plague City storyline will take me quite some time.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

To be honest here I don't understand the quest at all without the guide. How is the colour wheel related to the quest and such. I don't even know what my purpose in the temple is, no idea what my ultimate goal is nor how to even get there. Basically I just run around inside and wasted some prayer points :oops: . When I started reading the guide I only understand partially before I finally grasped the concept and did it with the guide.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Well, someone on tip.it must have done it, as tip.it has a questguide for it ;)

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I remember when MEP2 came out, Tip. It released a guide for it, and Jagex asked them to remove it for about a week.

This was, of course, at a time where Tip. It released quest guides like the day after the quest was released.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I completed ME2 without a guide.

I was doing it literally the day it came out and finished it in 2 days. Granted I was doing it with a friend so we helped each other through it slightly, but I had to guide to abuse.

I think guides are so.. Cheap. There's no point doing the quest if you know what to bring, where to go. It's like being spoon-fed. Get up off your arse and do something yourself!

asrhasrh.jpg

Is it even possible, i thought the exact same thing when i finished it. its to darn hard. The people who did it without the guides must be smart or just....well spent a lot of time on it.

Coming Soon

i did it without a guide as well... it makes me thing about people complaining about the handholds, really... they aren't really hard... the hard thing is that stupid puzzle, i hated it..

but i don't like to use guides on quests, so i did it =D

Scherzo.png

Guest Lue_Dogs
Yep, did it the day it came out, believe I was one of the first people to finish.

yes, dozens of people finished that quest its first day so nuts to the theory on hours probably days, except hours was correct.

No :P

I generally do quests without guides, but I wait until the day after so I have access to information about any tough bosses, and what items I need. As much as you can say that you're ruining the questing experience by not having to run to every corner of runescape to fetch this item and that item, I think that the information about the mythology and history of the game is the best part, so I don't hesitate to avoid the less interesting aspects of questing.

Hmmm i haven one it yet but heck, im gonna use the guide lif i have to do it lol...

55 more Qp to go for completion of RFD

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I did it without a guide.

I was fuming, it was driving me bonkers when I was doing, luckily I was doing it with two friends and we just shared ideas on how to get about it.

Dark_Jab.png

MEP2 Was, and will always be my FAVORITE quest. I wish that I could do it again. It was 3 long days of thinking in order for me to do it by myself.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

MEP2 Was, and will always be my FAVORITE quest. I wish that I could do it again. It was 3 long days of thinking in order for me to do it by myself.

I agree 100% MEP2 was and still is my favorite quest i've ever done, I loved it.

Masterd99.png

Quest Cape - 10/18/2006

There weren't any guides when the quest was released 8). I'm pretty sure that i was one of the first 50 who finished the quest.

I made a complete map of the whole temple and after that it wasn't too hard. I hope we get a "different" kind of challenging quest soon. <3:

Only a STUPID person would do MEP2 without a guide. I used tip.it all the way baby 8-).

BTW right now i'm working on an idea for the next part of the plague city storyline, it's huge. (not MEP3 though)