Tip.It Times Presents: All Great Achievements Require Time

Kiara_Kat

is really a 'good vs evil'

the way i see it, each part sees the other as "evil". the way i see both parts: none of each part can see a bad thing about what he is defending (like i do :lol:). but that's just me :P

"Play for fun, not your ego."

sadly most of our real life i (i would say we, but...) cannot do much for my ego. in this game noone can tell me to cut that tree or not to cut it, to mine that rock or not. i play for my ego :D

"Actually, I don't respect levels, period."

i try to respect levels (except one higher combat lvl guy that called me noob because i gave him an advice and he considered he knew better than me :evil: ) because otherwise i can have no real measurement of the quality of the advices/suggestions the player gives me. but that's just me

"See, the thing is that not everyone is like you or other dedicated players."

oh... thank you, i see your point. i'm dropping the argument.

happy 'scaping

blue_1979.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Play for fun, not your ego."

sadly most of our real life i (i would say we, but...) cannot do much for my ego. in this game noone can tell me to cut that tree or not to cut it, to mine that rock or not. i play for my ego :D

No offense, but try not to :| .

"See, the thing is that not everyone is like you or other dedicated players."

oh... thank you, i see your point. i'm dropping the argument.

happy 'scaping

Phew. These responses were really starting to get long :XD: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I found that article rather funny, especially the part when the author says "everyone has to work hard for their achievements, patati and patata" since one, with no programming knowledge could easily find and use a password cracker and make a lot of money by absolutely doing nothing, and claim as their own accounts who are not protected by recoveries.

2480+ total

Real-World Item Trading (RWIT) has probably been around since the first MMO came online (Ultima: Online). I've heard my share of stories of people doing RWIT on EverQuest etc and the problem may not be the amount of "fun" people want to buy with real money but it's illegal for somebody to profit from somebody else's intellectual property (IP).

Such as the case with RuneScape. When somebody uses real-world currency to purchase GP/resources/rares from a black market site, the seller is profitting from Jagex's IP, which is NOT the seller's property. Jagex can make all their attempts to crack down and ban as many RWITers as quickly as possible, but they know the harm has already been done and there's very little they can do about it except attempt to control the situation from their end.

I'm not a lawyer nor am I an expert on social issues but that's my two-cents.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

The thing of it is is that Jagex should open up to real-world trading because then it would be fair. Even though it is against the rules (currently), people are still doing it. This means that it is not accessible by everyone equally.

If Jagex embraces real world trading, and it becomes accessible to many people, then we are equal... because the aim of Jagex seems to be equality.

And how is it unfair if people can afford to spend $ for gold? Unless you are a criminal, won the lottery, or had a large inheritance (which I can guarantee you is a minute portion of RS players), then you worked for your $ just as people are working for gp. You're not getting ahead in the game unfairly.

You touched on this slightly, but let's rephrase it.

Kids have what... some 7-8 hours a day to play RS? More on weekends. That's a lot of GP they can make. Adults must work the 7-8 hours, in addition to running their lives. If they have the money, let them spend it as they please.

hey, if people want to play unfairly then let them

:D as long as there is a list saying who those people are :D

seems fair to me as long as i know their names ;)

we can spend hours saying this game isn't competitive, but it is false, i have no need to convince people of this

i say allow real world trading but have their names on the highscores listed a different color if the account has bought gold

noone would buy gold if that was the case, figure out why and you figure out why it shouldn't be allowed and why it is unethical etc...

btw, i love the whole immoral thing, ethics can be argued, morality can't, nice trick spinning the convo away from things that can be defended...

i say allow real world trading but have their names on the highscores listed a different color if the account has bought gold

As a 'Scaper, and as far as fairness/equality is concerned, i think that's a good idea. Along with a symbol on their in-game character... like the scarlet letter A for adulterers.

But on Jagex's end, surely they have to think beyond that. RWIT and sweatshop operators will still profit from Jagex's intellectual property. Unless players buy from licensed operators. And when there's a market, there'll always be blackmarket. But well, that's Jagex's problem.

:!: Thois is crazy, the first 2 paragraphs I had to skim through and ignore to read it, (member stuff). Then it changed topics right ahead, its like you're driving, and someone cuts you off, that's pitty. Though I do enjoy the "did ya know..?" stuff, but its mostly members stuff, why bother.

No, I do not want to become a member, I would never be one, I will never be a member.

Another brilliant article from the editor!

I agree absolutely wholeheartedly. Runescape is a game of dedication and perseverance. To succeed you have to stick with the job and the time required to finish it.

People who buy gold or power-leveling services are simply proving the point that they have no patience or determination.

-Crusher777

Crusher777.png

An interesting article, but I thought that it would've talked more about the aspect of getting high levels and 99's, and how some people don't really respect that or use bots to level up or something like that. but still a good read.

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

I agree the most with the editor nevertheless few comments about lvling up and monster drops.

before i want to thank jagex for building a wall between wild and regular worlds, i was victim once, I was invited to go the pub near vorrack and on the way pushed in to the wild by lvl 112 guy using mage and killed, it was totally barbaric. however now new players are safe.

according to runscape website iron and steel dragons are the high lvl monsters players like me do expect some moderate drops, i don't expect d legs for the first trip nor sapphire uncuts.

i am paying for my game as others do, I am playing for months to get one single clue scroll where most players get them, some players come and just play 20 min they have3-4 clues, i never understand how fair the game is, plz let me know am i doing some thing wrong?

( "I'm special, I'm entitled to special treatment" )

perhaps special people gets special things in the game

It's always interesting reading about other people's views and opinions, and of course I think this is a good article.

If you're not having fun, if you feel compelled to win, to beat other people's scores, then maybe you're playing the wrong game.

Yes I agree! If you feel you must beat other people, to perhaps "hurt" (virtually of course) others to succeed rather than having fun, then you most likely are playing wrong. But if your competing, while having fun, then maybe you're way of playing is ok. :) I'm kinda supporting pking here, but I tend to pk out of anger, destroying everyone making them feel that I am their superior!!! and um... that's a whole other issue to me. :-w

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png