Any1 plz help me! im keep on havin nightmares....

Dark_History

after i watched a science movie in my school about volcanoes, i started to get nightmares, fearing that a volcano would erupt under my house... and the fact that ive dont lots of researches about volcanoes made it worse, but the good thing is that the region i live in is nowhere near where a volcano could form/or havin earthquakes, but i still get scared and i sometimes cant concentrate on classes due to my lack of sleep because of nightmares, plz any1 got any advice that can help me get through my nite would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

i know this is very stupid, but please help me! any1!

grounded currently

A volcano erupting under your house in an area with no recent history of vocanic activity? Ok... I guess adressing your fears is the first step to overcoming them.

what do u mean?

grounded currently

a new volcano erupting under you is nearly impossible. dont worry, as scientists would have already been able to chart the seismic activity on your area. if a volcano was going to erupt, chances are that it would be on your local news.

just read up on black holes and you won't have any more nightmares about volcanos.

lol? those could actually happen any second... i would reccomend that u take sleep medications... actually, i don't really know (btw, i did an excellent report on volcanoes in 5 th grade, and i never had any nightmares...), last year a thunderbolt hit a house 40 yards away from me and woke up the whole block, except for me, i slept thought it... so i don't have a lot of sleep problems, but maybe u should talk to a doc :-k

You'll be fine in just a few days.

Nightmares aren't all that bad though. It pisses me off that I don't sleep well but when I am up in the morning and remembering my dreams the nightmares are usually much more interesting than the regular dreams.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

You apparently have irrational anxiety problems.

...I say this, because...Well, there isn't a valcano under your house. I have no idea where you live and even I know that.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

remember you know it can't happen and if it does tell yourself what you would do, be brave! p00n the lava!!

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

i get nightmars usually after i watch a 'really' good scary movie, but it generally only lasts one night, two at most

once the thoughts transfer from your short term memory to your long term memory, you will cut alot of the details out and wont be as easily brought up by your un-concious, un-concious will only bring up things in short term memory generally

legends2.jpg

Cognitive psych,

I'll private pm you and help you.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

God, why is the idea of a house over a volcano so funny to me? :lol:

:lol: Who would build a house over a volcano?

I mean, it's great! We save a fortune on the gas bills, because we never need central heating. The eggs fry on the patio and OH MY GOD THERE'S A VOLCANO UNDER MY HOUSE!!!

The best way to get over a fear is to rationalize it. For instance, the chance of that happening is nearly zero.

Just as the chance of someone robbing my house is nearly zero because a much richer neighborhood is literally a minute away.

Rationalize your fear...see that it's probably not going to happen.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

I mean, it's great! We save a fortune on the gas bills, because we never need central heating. The eggs fry on the patio and OH MY GOD THERE'S A VOLCANO UNDER MY HOUSE!!!

Thread over. Bubsa wins two internets.

Hey, if you're interested, I've got an uncle who can sell you some very reasonably priced volcano insurance. You know, just in case.

(Yeah, that probably doesn't help. If you keep dreaming about this even though you know it's impossible, I'd see a real psychologist)

Hey, if you're interested, I've got an uncle who can sell you some very reasonably priced volcano insurance. You know, just in case.

(Yeah, that probably doesn't help. If you keep dreaming about this even though you know it's impossible, I'd see a real psychologist)

I have cloud insurance too.. look at those damn clouds, sitting up there plotting when to attack.....

Look, im sad enough to make a picture! \'

cloudvsvolcanosld3.png

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

God, why is the idea of a house over a volcano so funny to me? :lol:

:lol: Who would build a house over a volcano?

I lol'd irl when I read that :lol:

But seriously.. Sleeping pills. Make sure they're strong enough that our nightmares won't wake you up. Plenty of sleep :wink:

^ I'd stay away from sleeping pills. Number one you don't want to become dependent on them, plus they alter the way you sleep, and you don't get enough REM or something I've read. If after a few weeks this is still a constant problem just see a professional, because that irrational anxiety must be rooted somewhere.