One Year Of Construction...

Mollerz

So, fellow 'Scapers. It has been one year since the long awaited construction came out, what are your thoughts on it and what do you think might happen with it in the future?

Do you think it affected the economy for good or worse?

What are your top three favourite things about the construction skill?

- The skill itself?

- Teleport tablets?

- Chapel?

- Dungeon?

What are you top three worst things about the construction skill?

- Only 20 rooms?

- Waste of money?

What do you think could be improved?

- More flatpacks?

- More things to build?

- More ancient teleport portals?

- 3 Floors?

- More rooms to be able to build rather than the current 20?

Let's hear your thoughts. \'

P.S. If you say 'z0mgz 50th p0st3r!1111one!1!1eleven!!1!' or something...I will kill you.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

The teletablets are pretty cool 8-)

Dungeons are bestest of all! :D

It also provided a huge money drain. Which was good.

'z0mgz X p0st3r!1111one!1!1eleven!!1!'

Favourite thing: Canifis Portal. Ridiculously handy for slayer and barrows (especially when you have an alter right by the portal)

Worst thing: For me, the cost. It's too expensive for me to level constantly.

Improvements? I don't construct enough to be able to think of any improvements, i would suggest making it cheaper but its a deliberate money draining skill so i can't see that happening lol

lanthuscg3.png

I love the canifis tele good for slayer barrows etc,

Gotta love that Altar quick prayer exp but still expensive :),

thoses are the good bits

these are the BAD PARTS

LIMITED rooms and dungeon

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

Construction is one of my favorite skills in Runescape.

Best Parts:

Altar (gilded)

Teleportation room / mounted glory (Especially the canifis teleport, and edgeville teleport)

The 'party factor', (Ablity to have a party with only your friends invited, play different games with the use of combat rings/combat room, multi side war in dungeon, no need to venture into the wilderness to fight/train on Pk'ing.

The money drain effect it had on the economy.

Worst part:

Only 20 rooms,

A bit buggy on animations when sitting down, etc.

Overall, one of the best skills in Runescape. I like how not every newb in runescape can get 99 in it. And that you can make it different. No high level house in Runescape looks the same (I think)

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

In this player's opinion, I would argue that POH's were definitely for the better of the game.

They brought in many new aspects such as portals, teletabs, and alters. It has really enhanced gameplay and encouraged friendships. It is also a nice money drain that takes out a very small chunk of the bazillions out there.

My favorite part: My portal room :D

Leas Favorite part: Making Planks and the money involved!

I would however argue with your last statement, "any noob" could easily get 99 construction given the money.

-Crusher

Crusher777.png

it was good for the economy because it was a cash sink decreasing inflation caused by the nerfing of crumble undead and increase in high alchs.

their need to be more rooms.i would love more grdens and bigger dungeons

the crativity of construction is the best part.i can remember going to a hoouse which was complateley underground.

tifsdac6mc.gif

To be honest, if you told someone fresh from tutorial island, to go get 99 construction, they would try to, but anyone mildly experienced, even upto level 126, if you told that to them, they would probably decline it.

Only the rich, or those who can get supplies quickly are able to afford construction to the top quality things, quickly.

Any newb can get it, they could go mine limestone and do that to 99, might take a few years but they'd get 99 construction free.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Theres so many things good about houses:

- the chappel, making a new best way to train prayer.

- the tele tablets

- and most important the costume room, making a whole lot of free bankspace and making a valid way to collect all tt items to high levels

the bad things...

well im not so annoyed with the 20 room limit (unless jagex add around 5 new rooms and not increase the limit), and with the balloons its not so bad to plank now (except the costs of course)

sigqp2bw9.gifIceBlackIce.gif

*** [ END ]: You gained 1,671,000 thieving exp in 9mins 44secs. That's 10,300,684 exp/h.

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt

Good things:

Armour stand

teletabs

gilded alter

portal room/mounted glory

costume room

money drain

Bad things:

20 room limit (should be 25 for 60+)

glitches (6/6/06 fally massacre

therealdealseelmealbugyn3.png

We tried using an abyssal whip to 'suggest' they work faster

i just love that skill, tied with farming in second place :)

anyways here is good things:

Costume room -clears half of the bank

Gilded altar - do you really need explanation

teletablets - useful for barrows and when on different spell sets

armor stand - thanks for saving me money or repairs

teleport/glory room - unlimited teleports? could anyone possibly complain?

enjoying that lvl 70 is still counts as high in construction

Bad things:

made lots of ppl whine about update because they can't afford to level.

Improvements:

skill necklace/combat bracelet mount in house for unlimited teleports?

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Good things:

- Great for house parties, the dungeon is very fun.

- A lot of utility stuff, like teletablets and the teleport portals.

- It changed the way people train prayer, making it much easier and less annoying. Less respected too, but still not everyone can afford the 50m for 99.

Bad things:

- Very expensive, decreasing the log-to-plank cost by 30% would make a huge difference.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I think the 99 capes had a much higher impact than Construction did.

Teletabs, Gilded Altar, Costume Room, Teleports/Mounted Glory,

What are you top three worst things about the construction skill? - Only 20 rooms, Waste of money at higher levels,

More flatpacks, More things to build, More Ancient and Lunar teleport portals, More rooms to be able to build rather than the current 20, Ability to store incomplete Treasure Trail sets in Costume Room, Have Jagex remember to update the Costume Room when new quests/mini-games come out, Ability to store Barrows Armor.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

Personally I was enjoying construction when it came out, got up to level 53 for use of Barrows Repair. But since then, I had hardly touch it until just recently. I love the use of the mounted glory and teleports room for as already said, they provide great amounts of teleporting.

I personally have used a gilded altar only once, but how fast I got exp was astronomical, so I have to give a thumbs up to that.

I hit the 20 room limit after buying a costume room, so that means I would have to take things out if I wanted a throne room/dungeon underneath. That I am sad about. Don't make me take out my lovely garden. :cry:

Some improvements I could see would be new teleports. That would be cool if some where added but not sure which kinds right now. I don't know how ridiculous this could be, but taking out your beer from the beer barrel and keeping and perhaps having different kinds that can go into that. Personally for me, it is a pain to always try and make mature beer, I just want something where I can get my own.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Teleport tablets, Gilded Altars, Canifis Teleport portal, and I like that it's so expensive to train, that makes it a challenge to come up with that kind of cash.

Only 20 rooms.. And not being able to take back a monster head trophy without it being destroyed.

More rooms, more decorations, more creativity options eg. hanging your own artwork on your wall, I'd love that.

99 Slayer since August 2007.

Improvements:

skill necklace/combat bracelet mount in house for unlimited teleports?

That's a very good idea. You should make that suggestion on the official forums.

Favourite things:

Costume Room

Gilded altar.

Teleport portals.

Personally what annoys me about most about construction is that the (very expensive) monsters don't give drops or xp. I'd love to be able to kill my own steel dragon in my dungeon but if I don't get the drops or the xp I'm certainly not going to pay 10m for the privilege. :|

Other than the 20 room limit I don't have any other complaints.

As for improvements. The one quoted above is a very good idea. They could also try and speed up the teleport to the house (I don't know if this is possible given how much data the house takes up though).

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

'z0mgz X p0st3r!1111one!1!1eleven!!1!

(so predictable to do..)

I myself have gathered some logs, made some planks, smithed some nails and even bought myself 2x a gold leaf. And I have wasted (ye right!)tons of gold and got 63 construction. A house worth well over a million, not considering the cost to get to the level!

Is it a waste of cash:

not if you ask me. But hey, I got everything I need in my house.

The worst thing of construction:

The fact I cannot place my house everywhere I like..

The best thing of construction:

It is expensive :twisted:

Expensive means less people do it, means more respect for those who do. I like construction. Yes, it costs a lot, yes I like having all portals, my own altar and free teletablets. Having everything I need, in a single spot. And being able to travel everywhere from a single spot.

My house is the centre point of runescape. Beat that! :shock:

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Good things:

Armour stand

teletabs

gilded alter

portal room/mounted glory

costume room

money drain

Bad things:

20 room limit (should be 25 for 60+)

glitches (6/6/06 fally massacre

Care to explain?

daylen24000.png

daylen24000.png

I am currently on the road to 99 construction and here are my views:

The good:

-This skill for me is simply fun. Its satisfing (spellling?) to see my hard earned money going into a skill. It can never be scammed, hacked, or lost when i die.

-Its simply fun to build something from nothing

-If they made this skill less expensive i would HATE jagex forever. Whenever i see someone wear a construction cape or anywhere near it, i respect them cause i know the financial "sacrafic" they made.

The bad:

-I think that that mill should be closer to something. Then making your own planks would be practical and not just be for: noobs, gold farmers, and your buttler.

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

z0mgz X p0st3r!1111one!1!1eleven!!1!

lol had to say that.

I like the teletabs, dungeons, and other things like chapels and glory trophies. I love the parties and throne rooms. I just don't like the rediculous cost and all the scams in dungeons. Its a good skill, just needs to be cheaper

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

well it really didnt do any long term things. i mean ya people were broke for aq month or 2, but it easly grew back, but i REALLY dont care about the RS economy.

well ofcourse the tele tabs are a great addition. costume room!!! portals, and duengon :D

- The skill itself?

well it was ment to be a money waster, to take some money out of RS, but it dodnt work for long. but its a good time waster, trying to design your own home is good fun :P

- Teleport tablets?

GREAT! use 4 any where you might need to tele from but dont want to use the ectofungus.

- Chapel?

good idea, but ectoing them is a better way... than again... the chapel is faster...

- Dungeon?

good addition, good fun, and a reward at the end.

well the monsy taken form the people that dont have 20m to freely spend isnt a good thing to have when you REALLY waqnt to make your own home.

- Only 20 rooms?

well... i want all of the fighting arenas seperate... but i guess i wont since i can only have 20 :(

- Waste of money?

since it was ment to take money out of the RS economy, i cant complain... but it hasent made much of a dent now. and since im usually poor... i dont like it.

- More flatpacks?

dont care, i only bought the costume room stuff... all the rest ive made my self.

- More things to build?

wwell its aleays fun to mes with a new room/items that you can make :P

- More ancient teleport portals?

i dont use ancient, so i could care less...

- 3 Floors?

3 floors is good... but with 20 room max its bad... like 6 rooms a floor -.-

- More rooms to be able to build rather than the current 20?

ofcourse! i mean if the ywanted it to be a money waster than we should have as many rooms as we need.

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png

It does have good points...

... Glory on the wall, Canifis Portal (my fav.), Chapel, Other Portals etc.

But.. It costs too much for my liking for me to want to get it higher than what i need or what would make something much easier (Canifis Portal <3: )

Overall a bad skill for me i guess. I have no intention on training it past 50 until they release something extremely useful for a higher level.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Pro: canifis teleport, gilded altar, yanille teleport (by putting house in yanille), costume room (thank you for saving my bank space!).

Con: not so much the cost as the sheer tediousness of leveling if you try to cut your losses (i.e own planking, no butler). Cut oaks, plank oaks, bank, repeat. Go to house, build flatpacks/tear down & build (repeat), run to bank, repeat. There's just no fun in that.

One year since construction came out. :-s

My house still isn't complete. -.-

They quoted me two weeks. <.<

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator