(Vote) Which item is priceless for you? (during 1940s)

lymnli

all suggestions allowed!

Pretend it was 1940, which item would u bring, if you know u might not see again (forced to leave home) ? (which means no high technology and basics) =)

this is a vote, i am planning to do a game in my presentation (family feud) So, PLEASE vote/suggest resonable answers :lol:

If u still dont get my wording :roll:

\\\ - Put yourselves into the shoes of these situations. The Internment of Japanese in USA and Canada, or even the poor Jews in Europe, which item will you take with you///

I've catagorized all the votes and here are the results

pictures-3

books-7

weapon-10

horse (pet)-1

money-5

clothing-5

30 total votes

thanks for your time ::' ::' =D>

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

cxhano2.gif

<(--=\\ CHAMILITARY MAYNE //=--)>

your topic title and your question are confusing, can you clarify exactly what you are asking

Nuff said, i'm confused at what you're actually asking of me.

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

He's asking what one item would you bring from the future back to the 1940's. It's conflicting with your title, so I'm just going to go with the title.

My favourite item is, um, my iPod? Perhaps not. Probably anything that gives me access to unlimited supplies of money.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

So we're moving back to 1940, and can only suggest to bring one item with us, one word. The conditions are that we have little time to live because there won't be any food or water, plus we're blind?

I really don't know. I'll get back to this and edit it in if I come up with anything even remotely witty, given this insane prompt.

Proof that Japan was going to attack perl harbor of course and try to find myself a very richer man in the future as a result of Increadable inventions one after the other that would make my nation the envy of the world ( and eventuly result in buying myself into power).

naturly seing as I had time to pack I would do alot of research before I left... maby a laptop computer with all that knowledge. if I encrypted it I could make a untold fortune selling it to the goverment and advance the human race too far too quickly... I suppose we would all be dead as a result of the knowledge and tampering that would happen.

well thats what I would bring: A laptop computer with one of those alcohal based batteries that runs on evapereation so I would never run out of electricity for it and a library of knowledge from 1940 to the present.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Proof that Japan was going to attack perl harbor of course

Didn't they have some evidence, or at least they thought they did, but they were too slow to act on it? I think I read that in a WWII book; it was something like that. Then again, people have said the same thing about 9/11, so I wouldn't know...

sig2.jpg

my fault -.- sorry about that, i fixed the confusion now (hopefully) O:)

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

cxhano2.gif

Probably a huge history book that tells them exactly what was to happen from 1940-2007 so they could prevent the terrible thing slike all those Jews being killed or Saddam gassing Kurds...

sig5235ro7.jpg

Probably a huge history book that tells them exactly what was to happen from 1940-2007 so they could prevent the terrible thing slike all those Jews being killed or Saddam gassing Kurds...

It's 1940. The Jews had already started being killed. What's more it's not as though the world sat idly by.

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell,

The reason why I cannot tell;

But this I know, and know full well,

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell.

He's asking what one item would you bring from the future back to the 1940's. It's conflicting with your title, so I'm just going to go with the title.

My favourite item is, um, my iPod? Perhaps not. Probably anything tha gives me access to unlimited supplies of money.

Ipod :lol: How is that going to save your life against a bunch of Nazi's that want to kill you?

Proof that Japan was going to attack perl harbor of course and try to find myself a very richer man in the future as a result of Increadable inventions one after the other that would make my nation the envy of the world ( and eventuly result in buying myself into power).

And living the rest of your life in fear of being murdered.

I'd never go back and change the past, I dread to think what our world might become.

OT: I'd probably have to go with spring boots. That would rock, in fact, I want some now.

Didn't they have some evidence, or at least they thought they did, but they were too slow to act on it? I think I read that in a WWII book; it was something like that. Then again, people have said the same thing about 9/11, so I wouldn't know...

A lot of historians around that time think that FDR knew about the attack, but let it happen anyways. It was what got the US into WWII and out of the Great Depression. Of course FDR gets credit for getting us out of the depression because of economic legislation (which is what got us into it in the first place).

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I think the question he's asking is:

"If you were being forced from your home (like the Nazis did to the Jews) to be taken to a holding facility, what one item would you take with you?"

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Why bring anything? The war would still be going on for five more years, chances are I wouldn't live to enjoy whatever I brought anyway...

BTW, in reply to a comment I saw before, persecution of minorites in Nazi Germany was happening WAY before the 1940s. 9-10 November, 1938 (Kristallnacht) is an example of this, plus the arresting of 100,000 political opponents in 1933 alone. As far as the Jews went, following Kristallnacht they may as well not have been a part of Germany - the only thing they had left was their life.

Something to prove that im from the future :D So then i could alter the past. So there are statues of me in every country in the world and it is under my Communist rule. :twisted:

Maybe not....

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

And living the rest of your life in fear of being murdered.

I'd never go back and change the past, I dread to think what our world might become.

OT: I'd probably have to go with spring boots. That would rock, in fact, I want some now.

Think about it too, what would have happened if we prevented pearl harbor / it never happened? Would the US have gone into the war at all?

An interesting question. I aculy belive we would due to infulence from the soviet union at the time. I heer they had a strong infulence over a fair ammount of the press before the war started... first the papers are against going to war with germeny becouse they are allied with the soviet union and then when the germens attack russia they want war...

Im not sure of the validity of that information however, but if it was the case we would probaly end up going to war anyway's. FDR for one wanted us to get involved and so did most of the free world.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

I already know the history pretty well of what would happen so I wouldn't want a history book. A few tanks wouldn't make much difference in tank battles that had thousands of tanks without the mechanics to repair them and make components for them when things broke down. I couldn't influence the holocaust since it was already in full swing.

That leaves two ways to get influence/power/money to be able to make a difference.

1. Scientifically

2. Financially

I would either take back in time some cutting edge scientific books and start my own corporation to invent things like the jet, computers, how to make certain pharmaceutical drugs, etc etc. The other option I would do is take back in time a book of stock market information. Then I would buy options on the stocks and make insane amounts of cash. Having access to this type information would enable someone to make Bill Gates and Warren Buffet look like Paupers in probably only five years or less starting out with a small initial investment amount.

Then once I had the cash I would have the power to make some meaningful and hopefully positive impacts on the world as well as have the money to do things I have always wanted to do like tour the world.

Ambassadar.png

please vote =) united we stand (everyword counts) O:)

thanks, i love tip.it

cxhano2.gif