Will Dark Bows and Dragon Arrows make a difference PKing?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone said in the official topic, when the whip came out there wasn't even anyone who could kill the monster that dropped em yet, now there are 2500ish people who will be able to kill the monster already when it comes out, so it won't be even half as expensive as the whip was when it came out.: People will still keep killing Abyssal Demons over Dark Beasts 'cause knowing Jagex the bow will be either too slow or too weak and people will continue using Crystal Bows and Magic Bows.

i think thats a good enuf assumption its not going to be worth more then 1.6m. (unless your stupid)

i think the dark bow will have a better special then the msb, maybe somthing similiar to like the old msb , half special drain every special. with alil higher max then rune arrows. not that hard to figure out what dragon arrows are going to be about.

Hello, Jagex just turned themselves godlike! I litterely fell of my chair reading the BTS.

Improvements traveling!

Improvements on the C bows.

AND improvements on slayer

AND! Improvement hunter skill!

AND as you listed improvement ranging!

Yes, this WILL make a difference on PK'ing. Dragon arrows, which do sound expensive, can turn out to be the new Ancient for ranged! Yes expensive. Yes risky, yes very strong. Jagex found THE perfect way for balancing the PK'ing triangle. Though, not cheap, not easy to get, but surely powerfull..

I myself am certainly hoping for improvements of the C bow. (bought 2 of them a few days ago)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

whips had many less people when it first started so were priced higher....i think the bow will be like granite maul...first people think it is good then realise the terrible truth!

Unless it's at a longbow speed, it can only be better then the magic shortbow, and if it also shoots rune arrows, again, it can only be better.

w4M8t.png

I am so glad I have 92 Slayer! :D :shock:

stop bragging <.< ::' (overcharge for arrows if its tipiters buying from you) :thumbsup:

I think the stuff is to expensive...only the most successful range pures will be able to buy them(or the drop trading gold buying nubs...NOT STEREOTYPING!)

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Now for all you rangers:

Stop complaining! :lol:

+1

I would hope the dragon arrows would give rangers a more significant hit in the wilderness and if there is a decent spec then it's all good

runemjester,mazpot.gif

I attempted to launch a fart, only to have it get stuck between my cheeks.

Will it affect pking? no.

Why? Bows are very cheap wich means u can't protect them if u die.

MSb and longbow are alched for what 2k max? ( dunno)

Seercull are alched for 4,8k

Wich means u even protect your glory or dragonhide over it

The upcoming Darkbow wouldnt be much more probally, wich makes me think no1 will risk that in the wildy cept if its crap and worth 200k and down.

awwww, this is awsome!! :thumbsup: i am working on my defence and range to become a better tank staker :twisted: , so i will def. pick up one of these bows. but until i can afford one, i guess im gonna have to not stake much when they do come out :cry:

ArchSupport.png

Soulthresher: dont think outside of the box, stay inside. the box is your freind

Clicky for the Blog 'o Range

Race to 100 ranged with BBQ_muffin

DarkDude98: Pfft, Real men use Bow and Arrows to get 99 range

awwww, this is awsome!! :thumbsup: i am working on my defence and range to become a better tank staker :twisted: , so i will def. pick up one of these bows. but until i can afford one, i guess im gonna have to not stake much when they do come out :cry:

The bow has to be very good if it makes the obby rings worse in staking.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

There are less than 2,000 people who can get dragon arrows as of right now and a little over 2600 people who can kill dark beasts. My guess is that dragon arrows will be fairly expensive, 1k each like sharks used to be, and the bows will not be as expensive as whips when they came out with 2600 people possibly killing them for the bow.

sig3gk6.png

Bows won't be as cheap as everyone thinks. They're the only bow which will be able to use Dragon Arrows (probably), better than the MSB and Dark Beasts aren't exactly easy to kill.

Did it mention anything about the requirements for the bow? It may be 60 range, in which case it will be worse than the crystal bow (which has free ammo)

So it may not even by as popular?

Someone has already said something like that and got a response a little bit like this...

D scimmy req. 60 att to wield

T Hammers req. 70 att and str to wield

I think 99% of people will say D scimmy is better than Hammers.. Don't judge the bow by the req.s to wield it

My guess is once people start risking the bow and arrows in the wildy some rune pures and mages will moan but i guess you can't make everyone happy

99 Range - 88 Defence - 91 Hitpoints

99 Combat - 1650+ Total

The bow won't even be used in PK'ing for at least a month id guess.

Or More.

I'm thinking only the Rich Lurer's who think their invincible will use it.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Or More.

Unless it has an alch value over ahrims, only rich lurers will use it.

And unless it has an alch value over torags helm/v skirt, pkers wont use it. Remember, the seercull has an alch value under black dhide, so not many people use it pking.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Or More.

Im totally gonna be the first person to go pking in it... unless I can sell it for some ungodly amount the first day

I posted this before I went to work so didn't see any responses but my point about the arrows is that we used to buy 25 Sharks as supplies. I'm sure Glory Rangers will use them if 1ke.

That said I think the bow will halt it's price at around 5M and eventually get down to 2M (Whip from 3m to 1.6M). I'm looking forward to it out of pure curiosity but I don't want to meet a rich Ranger in the wilderness considering if you PC range your 99 Range at my Combat. and if you don't your around 94 Range.

but I don't want to meet a rich Ranger in the wilderness considering if you PC range your 99 Range at my Combat. and if you don't your around 94 Range.

:shock: time 2 shine ftw.

I doubt it, the bow will cost a fortune because of the 90 slayer requirement to get one so people wont risk it in the wilderness. The dragon arrows will also cost a fair bit because they can't be fletched and you need 83 hunter to get them.

-Bloodangel

not really gonna change pking unless u r 1 of the leet rich

will be used for uber richer staker to won other uber rich stakers :notalk: darn jaghex for amazingly high requirements for stuff

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.