Do you juggle, manipulate, do anything of this sort?

Viktorkrum77

I know there's a few TIFer's around who busy themselves with acts that could be related to the circus. In other words, if you do, what is it? When did you start, how good are you, etc?

I've tried diabolo, and I sucked at it. So I tried plate spinning, but it was nothing impressive. Then I got hooked on staff manipulation or twirling/spinning. I do that now, and recently I decided to do it with fire on both ends. Usually kerosene or lamp oil. I'm also learning fire poi, I daringly made a rather large poi head, so my flame is quite big for a beginner. :P

I also want to try my hands at fire eating, and when I get some money, would like to buy some fire fans and fire fingers, oh, and a fire scythe. :twisted:

So, who else here does "circus" related arts?

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

I learnt around 1 year ago, though I hadn't practiced in months when I filmed this:

I'm a bit of a narcissist though; I look down on other things like poi, diabolo, fire eating, etc. because I think there isn't that much skill involved compared to ball juggling. The same goes for juggling with things like chainsaws or knives - it's just trying to make up for a lack of technical skill.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

I can juggle a bit. I started about a year and a half ago I think. I can do Rubenstein's Revenge, and multiplex some more balls into Mills Mess* if that means anything to anyone. I haven't really practiced for a few months, however, as work got a bit hectic.

I can do some basic diabolo, though I learned this years ago. I'm "good" at what I know of it, but I've never really practiced it, so don't know much. I wouldn't really list it as one of my skills, though I mention it here because of the topic.

I've never tried anything like poi or staff manipulation; it just doesn't really appeal to me. I think it can look really nice when it's done well, but in its practice is not my cup of tea.

*Just to preempt any grammar attacks, this is not incorrect use of (or lack of) an apostrophe: it's the Mess of the Mills family, viz. the Mills Mess.

I learnt around 1 year ago, though I hadn't practiced in months when I filmed this:

Awesome, I wish I had that kind of skill, it's just never appealed to me to put my mind to it.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I'm a bit of a narcissist though; I look down on other things like poi, diabolo, fire eating, etc. because I think there isn't that much skill involved compared to ball juggling. The same goes for juggling with things like chainsaws or knives - it's just trying to make up for a lack of technical skill.

The name of the video is funny. "Playing with my balls".

tifsbti6oi.gif

I can juggle either three balls in two hands, or two in one hand. I can also do three clubs, and I've tried my hand at diabolo. I can do stilts (like, BIG stilts oo), and I can kinda unicycle. I also used to be awesome at gymnastics when I was a kid. Not nemore, though : (

^^

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

Spinning drum sticks :thumbsup:

I can make em look like they are spinning really fast...but are they?...Yes they are...or are they?...hmm, you decide #-o

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I know there's a few TIFer's around who busy themselves with acts that could be related to the circus. In other words, if you do, what is it? When did you start, how good are you, etc?

I've tried diabolo, and I sucked at it. So I tried plate spinning, but it was nothing impressive. Then I got hooked on staff manipulation or twirling/spinning. I do that now, and recently I decided to do it with fire on both ends. Usually kerosene or lamp oil. I'm also learning fire poi, I daringly made a rather large poi head, so my flame is quite big for a beginner. :P

I also want to try my hands at fire eating, and when I get some money, would like to buy some fire fans and fire fingers, oh, and a fire scythe. :twisted:

So, who else here does "circus" related arts?

Vik.. I think you have a problem. And I'm not sure they have casual group meetings for this kind of thing :? jk

Hmmn, not sure if it qualifies, but I can do some basic gymnastic and capoeira moves, backflips, armada dupla etc. and on my skates I can do bio 5s, 720s and frontflips. Pretty basic stuff, but hard to learn. Broke my hand a week ago trying bio 7s. D:

When I 'put my face on' I look like a clown

does that count?

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I can juggle four balls continuously and can do a various amount of tricks with three balls. :)

I taught myself how to juggle (in about 4 days i was able to juggle 3 properly), I don't bother looking at any instruction manuals. 8-)

Man, thats awesome! I really like the Chris Bliss videos on youtube, if you haven't seen them, I suggest you have a geez. I especially like the one he does to The Beatles song.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

lol weird topic...i started to juggle yesterday..in 4th period were we do nothing, i had 3 footbags..and i tryed to do it..then like 5 people were like..let me see...

and they all could do it...so i got some pointers..and i can go about 10 seconds with three before i loose it. but lol yea

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg