Top 250 F2P Skill Total List

A_U_R_A

My guess is he wanted the gold on his account, assuming Jagex never touched it. He's probably transferred it to another account and is making a fresh start or has cashed out.

You make a valid point. I hope that if he did indeed transfer it, Jagex will trace it to the next account and just delete the account and the cash alltogether, since transferring money between your own accounts is, as far as I know, still against the rules... and I personally think that in this case it would be the reasonable thing to do.

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That rarely ever happens even on accounts with addresses marked for close watching. Trade transfers have been going on since classic.

I know, sad but true. One can, and should, always hope for change :)

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Congrats on maxing all the old skills Isthatok!

Gratz indeed! :thumbup:

How long till 120 dg now, I wonder?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It has come to my attention, and to those of others, that setelima is banned, and by the rules now, should be removed from the list.

Thereby I want to add that this is totally against anything I have ever expected, as setelima has been a good rs friend for me and been an example for me as well. I cannot imagine however that he has ever used a bot. If anyone knows more about this issue, i would gladly hear that. If setelims contacts any of us, please let it know.

I read last page about the deletion of certain players when proved botting, currently the most straightforward evidence is the back-roll of usually multiple stats and/or the fully banned of the runescape hiscores. For the setelima part, If jagex would somehow unban setelima without stats backroll, would this still imply a permanent ban from the top 250 list, as it could be caused by anything else than macroing? ... I imply a jagex mistake, how unlikely this may sound, for me it sounds more likely than setelima ever cheating.

For me it would be tempting to add a small detail regarding the agility levels of 4 players known in the top 250 who could maybe be rolled back to agi 1, and hopefully this is an allowable backroll, if it ever happens :P

Thanks for reading. Happy f2ping

Current total as of 25 may 2012: 1604 (including 1 glitched agility level)

Total 1592 pure f2p - Rank 19 in the top 250 f2p list - last time in list with official hiscores

1264 total f2p! 99 Firemaking. 111 combat. Rank 184 F2P) - 3 years ago when i first entered the list.

It has come to my attention, and to those of others, that setelima is banned, and by the rules now, should be removed from the list.

Thereby I want to add that this is totally against anything I have ever expected, as setelima has been a good rs friend for me and been an example for me as well. I cannot imagine however that he has ever used a bot. If anyone knows more about this issue, i would gladly hear that. If setelims contacts any of us, please let it know.

I read last page about the deletion of certain players when proved botting, currently the most straightforward evidence is the back-roll of usually multiple stats and/or the fully banned of the runescape hiscores. For the setelima part, If jagex would somehow unban setelima without stats backroll, would this still imply a permanent ban from the top 250 list, as it could be caused by anything else than macroing? ... I imply a jagex mistake, how unlikely this may sound, for me it sounds more likely than setelima ever cheating.

For me it would be tempting to add a small detail regarding the agility levels of 4 players known in the top 250 who could maybe be rolled back to agi 1, and hopefully this is an allowable backroll, if it ever happens :P

Thanks for reading. Happy f2ping

Omg sete's banned ?! I've known him for a long time, didn't think he would ever go against the rules especially him being a pmod, I wondered why he had his private off for almost 2 weeks :(

Huh. I thought most people more or less followed the unwritten rule that if you're going to get your hands dirty, make sure you don't get caught. After all, there's that old saying: "Treason doth never prosper; what's the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it treason."

Ask yourself this, Rudes. The times and experiences you personally had with Setelima, does it make the past any less precious because of this?

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

The past experiences I had with him aren't any less precious but its sad to know that he's account is no longer valid,I've always known him as someone who worked hard to get his stats, what happens beneath the surface is unknown I guess..

For the setelima part, If jagex would somehow unban setelima without stats backroll, would this still imply a permanent ban from the top 250 list

We'll have to wait for his appeal to go through. For now I would say that if his account is restored to normal without penalty it would appear that Jagex has made a mistake. Of course, a little bit more evidence would be awesome.

Unfortunately at this point in time Setelima's stats fall short of the list requirements so I have no choice but to remove him - even though the new regulations haven't been put into effect yet! But if indeed his appeal gets approved in the (hopefully near) future he will be readded to the list without a problem.

This was a very tough decision for me to make - hopefully we can all come to a mutual agreement on this issue.

I imply a jagex mistake, how unlikely this may sound, for me it sounds more likely than setelima ever cheating.

I and a good mass of the F2P community are with you on this. Sadly I can't say for sure that he is innocent, though.

As long as there is any sufficient evidence to prove that Jagex has made a mistake against a player's account that was previously banned or rolled back at any point in the past, the player in question will be eligible to be re-added without a problem.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

List updated: http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=top250f2p&skill=Overall

I also removed Minitheus for being rolled back to 1390 total.

I plan to make a spreadsheet for myself to track each person on the list, which will enable me to detect rollbacks that won't necessary push a player off the list. This new spreadsheet will also show if somebody has been banned.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Indeed, Setelima is one of the last players I'd expect to be caught botting... I do hope his rollback gets reversed, sad to see a fellow Finn fall off the list.

-

-

Hi all,

I have spoken to Setelima on another account of his. Personally i do not think that he has botted at all. If you have witnessed him train any skill, you would have probably notice that he clicks very fast aka bot-like.

He replies all my private messages (which are many). --> pretty rare for a bot eh.

Obviously he was very upset when he found about what happened to his account. Which leads us to the question if Jagex 's bot-detection are accurate - How do they judge if someone really botted? What if someone botted for short amounts of time in day which will not raise any suspicions due to acceptable exp gains? What if someone's public chat is off and never replies to anything?

Nevertheless, there is nothing he can do. The time taken for Jagex to reply the appeal range from weeks to months so we may not hear of anything in the meantime.

I for one, am very curious about the evidence to show that he botted, unfortunately Jagex doesn't release evidences in such cases.

I truly hope that Jagex has made a genuine mistake in his case, which is really unfortunate.

*Please take note that Setelima is an exception because he has been on the list for quite a while, and have interacted with many of us on a frequent basis. Most of us can vouch for the fact that it is highly unlikely that he botted. * - This same situation may not apply for someone else.

Wait, you can get banned for being too efficient? Wut?

I hope that's not the reason Nuff and others got banned... I'm surprised to see the top P2P players not get banned because of this though.

*thinks back about how the top dgers got banned for doing 15min larges* oh wait...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Wait, you can get banned for being too efficient? Wut?

I hope that's not the reason Nuff and others got banned... I'm surprised to see the top P2P players not get banned because of this though.

*thinks back about how the top dgers got banned for doing 15min larges* oh wait...

Nope you can't, it is most likely that he just botted or abused a bug. You can also bot and still reply to people you know... (same as afk-ing but then with a bot). The chances that they did ban him and that he didn't break the rules are very slim.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Nuff's case is the usual as the rollback's proven.

And it's pretty much well known Jagex's bot detection is a laughable outdated farce. There have been, shall we say, "grand" experiments that are still ongoing and haven't been caught.

EDIT: Just to add, we aren't living in a time when a player can travel all the way to Jagex headquarters with their computer to prove their innocence anymore.

To add further, I damn well hope they don't think mining a rock + high alchemizing it counts as abusing rapid clicking.

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Yes Jagex's botting detection system is pretty bad for false negatives.

I'm confident it's great at not getting false positives though.

There are other reasons for a ban besides botting.

If he's been banned, I'm confident he broke some rule or other.

He was specificially banned for " macroing".

You don't get banned for being efficient but u get banned if you are suspiciously TOO efficient all the time - i am sure you know the examples..

And in that case wait for the appeal results people! No use debating about sete's situation anyway.

I would love to know what are the methods of bot detection though.

I would love to know what are the methods of bot detection though.

So would the bot makers. :wink:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The first is player reporting. They're heavily reliant on those since legitimate players make up the bulk of their detection. Second are their own automated scans for third-party programs that have added up over the years. Making a crude autoclicker from scratch has a high ban rate nowadays. They also have their own people actually look at the accounts in question and compare the overall experience gains, the log-in history, etc.

If you were caught botting more than once your IP is often put under a watch list. Tripping that after a rollback would pull a permanent ban. I've known a handful who got rolled back then tried to transfer the remaining wealth only to have the mule account locked within hours. Extremely rare, though.

Good bot programs usually come with anti-ban scripts to make the bot appear more human. And it works so long as you don't bot in an area known for high ban rates, like sorcerer's garden.

The biggest area Jagex fails in are handling gold farmers since these people approach botting with the shotgun method. Fire up enough bots and enough will get through. Ban those bots and the backups are ready to go.

EDIT: On a further note, Jagex has mistakenly banned for using mousekeys before in the past.

On a more thoughtful note, they have yet to ban for using modified clients that either remove advertising or unlock those handy console commands.

1emk2e.png

In my opinion, if he's been banned for macroing, then he did bot and he's lying to you.

It's easy to bot and respond to PMs. That doesn't prove anything either way.

Don't take offense, I just happen to trust Jagex 100% on this, no matter who the player in question is.

If Queen Elizabeth played Runescape and was banned for botting, I'd trust Jagex.

You are right though, debating this serves no purpose. We'll see what happened eventually.

Far from an expert. No one has 100% confirmed what Jagex's detection is, we only know it from using deductive reasoning and observation.

Most of what I know comes from people's personal horror stories from attempted botting.

1emk2e.png