Top 250 F2P Skill Total List

A_U_R_A

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do some 'free players' even bother training their skills in P2P? If you're becoming a member you might as well stay one. :l

The most likely reason I can come up with is because they are seeking the fame and prestige and whatnot that comes with being high up on a list like this. Getting p2p and training there gives them an advantage over everyone else; it's kind of like the athletes who did steroids so they could get the gold at the Olympics. Also, it's definitely easier to train a maxed "f2p pure" in p2p than to get 2496 total and 2b xp for the front page highscores.

Of course, Arkhie had said that she didn't know about this list, but it seems pretty obvious that she was lying about being pure f2p, so I'd guess that was just something to make it less suspicious than "I've been trying to get on the top of this list for ages".

Why do some 'free players' even bother training their skills in P2P? If you're becoming a member you might as well stay one. :l

The most likely reason I can come up with is because they are seeking the fame and prestige and whatnot that comes with being high up on a list like this. Getting p2p and training there gives them an advantage over everyone else; it's kind of like the athletes who did steroids so they could get the gold at the Olympics. Also, it's definitely easier to train a maxed "f2p pure" in p2p than to get 2496 total and 2b xp for the front page highscores.

Of course, Arkhie had said that she didn't know about this list, but it seems pretty obvious that she was lying about being pure f2p, so I'd guess that was just something to make it less suspicious than "I've been trying to get on the top of this list for ages".

This is just ridiculous, this player has already stated they want nothing to do with this list. It is neither my business nor yours to then debate about whether she is truly f2p as she claims to be. I suggest you and everyone else just drop it because it serves no purpose in this thread.

You do not know her motives in any case so I would stop throwing around accusations.

This is just ridiculous, this player has already stated they want nothing to do with this list. It is neither my business nor yours to then debate about whether she is truly f2p as she claims to be. I suggest you and everyone else just drop it because it serves no purpose in this thread.

You do not know her motives in any case so I would stop throwing around accusations.

I'll have to agree with pakalolo on this one. :l But it still remains a mystery to me why people purchase membership only to train free skills.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

I'll have to agree with pakalolo on this one. :l But it still remains a mystery to me why people purchase membership only to train free skills.

Obvious one is a claim to fame, if you're the kind who desire that sort of play style.

But it's also like building a skiller, or a summon pure. Or a rune pure, or a zerk pure -- or any number of pures, really.

Fun.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Well, let's take a closer look, for the several of you who possess curious souls. Disclaimer: This explanation is extremely technical.

1) Arkhie was tracked on February 21 at 16:52 with 1,457,861 prayer xp. We'll call this Point A.

2) Arkhie was tracked on February 23 at 12:00 with 2,635,895 prayer xp; a gain of +1,178,034. We'll call this Point B.

3.1) It is a fact that she could have reached the second milestone (2,635,895 xp) anytime between these two time stamps, but no sooner than the minimum duration required to get 1,178,034 prayer xp after Point A.

3.2) The absolute humanly maximum number of big bones that can be buried per hour in F2P is approximately 5,200, at the very highest. This yields a rate of 5,200 x 15 = 78,000 prayer xp per hour in F2P.

3.3) Therefore, the absolute minimum time it would take an F2P player to get 1,178,034 prayer xp is 15.103 hours. For Arkhie this would mean 15.103 hours after the timestamp at Point A. However, there is still a small possibility that Arkhie would have been logged on for just under the six hour log when Runtracker updated on February 21 - therefore having already gained six hours worth of unrecorded xp at the time of the Runetrack update. This pushes the minimum time back to 9.103 hours after Point A.

3.4) As a result, the earliest possible time for Arkhie to reach her xp at Point B is 9.103 hours after the Point A timestamp - effectively February 22 at 1:58. We'll call this Point C.

arkhie.png

4) Arkhie was tracked on February 27 at 19:03 with 13,034,444 prayer xp. We'll call this Point D. This timestamp marks the latest possible instant that Arkhie could have achieved 99 prayer (13,034,431 xp).

5.1) The maximum possible time taken for Arkhie to go from her initial xp reading at Point A to her final xp reading at level 99 can be expressed as Time at Point D minus Time at Point C = 5 days, 17 hours and 5 minutes or 5.7118 days.

5.2) The xp gained in total, or from Point A or C to Point D is 13,034,444 - 1,457,861 = +11,576,583 total xp gain.

5.3) 11,576,586 xp over a time period of 5.7118 days simplifies to 2,026,784.2 xp per day, at the very slowest.

5.4) Assuming Arkhie played for 24 hours a day, 2,026,784.2 xp per day over a period of 24 hours simplifies to 84,449 xp per hour, or 5,888 big bones per hour.

6) Therefore, for Arkhie to have gained said experience in the said time period, she must have received 84,449 prayer xp per hour over a period of just under five and a three quarter days, nonstop. Since we know that the maximum humanly possible xp rate for prayer in F2P is only 78,000 xp per hour, Arkhie was undoubtedly P2P, or in a very unlikely case, botting at this point (see #7).

arkhie.png

7.1) To check if it may be possible to obtain 84,449 xp per hour from botting, we do not have any sources to do so, but we can come to an estimate.

7.2) First of all, one load consists of 28 big bones at best in F2P, or 28 x 15 = 420 prayer xp per load. These can be buried at a maximum speed of one game tick per unit, which happens to be 0.606 seconds at best. 28 big bones x 0.606 seconds each = 16.968 seconds.

7.3) For now we will assume that banking time for a bot is negligible, although it is likely otherwise (for a human, banking time is over three seconds). We will round the time for one load to between 17-18 seconds.

7.4.1) There are 3,600 seconds in an hour, so 3,600 seconds ÷ 17 seconds per load x 420 prayer xp per load = 88,941 xp per hour.

7.4.2) There are 3,600 seconds in an hour, so 3,600 seconds ÷ 18 seconds per load x 420 prayer xp per load = 84,000 xp per hour.

7.5) It may or may not be possible to obtain between 84,000 - 88,941 prayer xp per hour from botting. Therefore, even though the possibility that Arkhie could have botted at this point in time for so long is nearly impossible, it is necessary to account for this possibility because the projected xp rates are close to that of what she would need (84,449 xp per hour).

8) Conclusion. There are two possible scenarios to explain this problem. Arkhie is very, very, very likely to have been P2P (I would say 95-100%), or in the other case Arkhie may have botted the xp (0-5%). In either case we would never be able to add this player to the list.

Any further questions? Otherwise, this case is closed and not to be revisited. Don't flame Arkhie or anything - she asked not to be on the list anyway.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Math ftw. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Isthatok,

I recently noticed something while putting bones in the ground. F2P is capable of quick bury now. As fast as you can click on them, they are gone from inventory. I am curious if your explanation was based on this new ability we seem to have or based on the old way of click pause click pause.

I just buried 18 bones in 12 seconds so i guess i answered my own question. You are aware.

For anyone that did not know, you can bury as quick as you can click now.

Peace out folks,

Gafelgafi

Isthatok,

I recently noticed something while putting bones in the ground. F2P is capable of quick bury now. As fast as you can click on them, they are gone from inventory. I am curious if your explanation was based on this new ability we seem to have or based on the old way of click pause click pause.

I just buried 18 bones in 12 seconds so i guess i answered my own question. You are aware.

For anyone that did not know, you can bury as quick as you can click now.

Peace out folks,

Gafelgafi

The tracked xp was from February. So even if it's faster now, it means that it's even less possible that she was F2P during that time.

(because if it's faster now, it was even slower back then. ;) )

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

you can bury as quick as you can click now.

18 bones in 12 seconds? 12/18 = 0.667 seconds per bone. One game tick is 0.606 seconds, so unfortunately I cant confirm your statement to be true. It's still 1 game tick per bone.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

you can bury as quick as you can click now.

18 bones in 12 seconds? 12/18 = 0.667 seconds per bone. One game tick is 0.606 seconds, so unfortunately I cant confirm your statement to be true. It's still 1 game tick per bone.

Sorry for any confusion I caused.

I was confirming your numbers were based on game tick at 0.606. My numbers were a very rough count, but I knew they were close enough to confirm your calculations.

Out of curiosity, what was the bury rate before? and when did it change?

Thanks for all your hard work and efforts maintaining the list as well and have a great day.

Gafelgafi

I'm here only to ask a couple questions.

If I've had other accounts as members, but the account I'm working on right now has never been P2P, would it be eligible for this list? >.>

And secondly, what is the difference between this list and the stickied one? The stickied one doesn't include some of the people on this one.

I'm here only to ask a couple questions.

If I've had other accounts as members, but the account I'm working on right now has never been P2P, would it be eligible for this list? >.>

Since two accounts never have to do anything with eachother (skill-wise), it seems quite obvious to me that any other account you have wont affect your F2P one. :)

So, yes of course, it will still be eligible for the list.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

maybe it has been mentioned on the forum elsewhere, but the userstats weren't updated on last 'update' of 9th june

Noticed that aswell.

OH well, will rise more with the next update :)

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png