Top 250 F2P Skill Total List

A_U_R_A

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Support.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

One year? How about forever?

While I have said that cheaters will not be tolerated, in my opinion it is different should the player be punished for their wrongdoings and then does not repeat the offense but instead becomes a positive aspect of the community. People deserve second chances, but the punishment should be severe enough to turn them away from botting. Should the player be punished for botting once again, then the removal from the list will likely last indefinitely. The one year period is a minimum and will vary depending on various factors.

Furthermore, if Jagex has indeed wrongly punished a player it wouldn't be the end of the world for them.

In fact, I may choose to impose this new policy only on botting offenses following its effective date.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

I definitely support this. :thumbup:

I'd also have to agree that while people deserve second chances, especially with the number of hacking occurrences lately, getting caught twice should result in a permanent ban from the list.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The solution sounds fair, although I believe the ban from the list should be a permanent one. In most instances I believe in second chances. However, given the effects that macroing has had on Runescape, knowingly contributing to this problem is inexcusable in my opinion. Additionally, such actions tarnish the integrity of the list. It's extremely disappointing that the use of macros is even an issue amongst the ranks of the top 250 f2p'ers...

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

My view is the same as NJE03, perm ban is much more appropriate, even just one time offense. I always think botting is biggest offense (well, besides scamming), getting high lvl in F2p is no small feat, but botting your way there knowing that it's a huge issue in F2P is totally unforgivable. Then again, if they do get rolled back, the name should not be even on the list since it's blacklisted IMO. If they truly want to atone their action, they would need to create a new character and start from the ground up.

a happy Runescaper

Haven't logged on in almost 3 weeks, pretty proud of that. Keep up the levels everybody, :)

@Ani, you can always make a come back.......lol

Even though I rarely train consistently now, and my rank is still dropping like a stone on the list, I am still slowly "inching" my way towards lvl 99 all....albeit in the next 10 yrs....

a happy Runescaper

Full support on the botting thing...

Perhaps the amount of xp and/or time botted could have an effect on the length of the "ban" from the F2P list, for example botting 70-99 should definitely be a permanent ban.

Also I'll add this:

strh.png

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Hypothetical scenario.

Player A is on the list. He gets to the point where he only has tough skills like prayer and rc left. He gets members and quietly trains both. People find out. What would you do in that case? From precedence it seems like that player would get removed forever.

Player B is on the list. He bots. He is caught and you remove him from the list for a year.

Who deserves their ban more? The player who hasn't actually broken any Jagex rules and still had to work for their skills? Or the guy who has broken the rules AND hasn't done any actual work? And yet you would still welcome him back in a year?

If you want this list to have any integrity at all, you can't have that. "What if the player comes back and is a positive force for the community?". That's great. They don't have to be on the list to continue being a positive force for the community. If they want back on the list again, start from scratch.

Permanent ban is the only solution.

Very well then, seeing as there is a considerable argument for permanent removal upon first offense, how's this sound?

If at any point in the past, present or future a player is punished for botting and/or has admitted to such offenses, and there is sufficient evidence to believe that the offense has actually been committed, the maintainer(s) of the Top 250 F2P list is/are responsible to permanently prevent this player from entering or returning to the Top 250 F2P list for a minimum of one year. Bans will only be lifted on a hypothetical situation in which Jagex has indeed made a mistake on the punishment and there is sufficient evidence of some sort to prove this. A list of such players will also be maintained privately by the Top 250 F2P List updater(s).

If you object to this, please post now.

jOi7G.png

What about people who don't get banned for botting? It's difficult to prove really.

Although I support the notion that they should only be banned from the list if they are punished in-game for it. This way it stops the whole problem of people accusing other people senselessly.

j0xPu5R.png

That's an improvement but you know that everyone who's banned will insist that Jagex made a mistake.

In my opinion, Jagex botting bans are 100% accurate. There's a reason why people think reports are so useless. You can report a bot multiple times and it will be still be there the next day. This is because Jagex wants to make damn sure you're botting. Excuses like " I was using mousekeys!" or " I was just afking" simply don't cut it. Jagex can tell the difference between botting and using mousekeys.

How about changing the wording to something to the effect of "Unless Jagex retracts their ban and admits they were mistaken"?

That's an improvement but you know that everyone who's banned will insist that Jagex made a mistake.

In my opinion, Jagex botting bans are 100% accurate. There's a reason why people think reports are so useless. You can report a bot multiple times and it will be still be there the next day. This is because Jagex wants to make damn sure you're botting. Excuses like " I was using mousekeys!" or " I was just afking" simply don't cut it. Jagex can tell the difference between botting and using mousekeys.

How about changing the wording to something to the effect of "Unless Jagex retracts their ban and admits they were mistaken"?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Waiting for Jagex to admit a mistake can be a very long wait ;)

Keep it at "Unless the ban is retracted" - which is admittance enough by their standards.

Yeah I know that. That's why we need evidence to prove that Jagex made a mistake on the player's behalf. Like you said, it could be in the form of stat restoration or some sort of Jagex PM stating that they'd made a mistake. We've never actually seen something like this happen, so yeah I'd have to agree with you. It's only a hypothetical situation that probably doesn't exist.

jOi7G.png

That seems fair. I'll support adding them to the list again if the rollback is reversed. I'm not too sure about them simply being unbanned though, there's lots of times where people have had accounts that botted unbanned.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Indeed they do get unbanned. In my opinion reversed rollback should be the only reason to be able to get back on the list, though I doubt that pretty much ever happens.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Trying to legitimately quit rs. There are only a few things left that are fun and my favorite (GOP) is completely overrun by bots and pretty much ruined. It really seems like rs is heading to its grave and wasting time on something that I really don't enjoy has become, well, boring.

Haven't logged in for a few weeks, but I'm here checking these forums so you can tell I'm an addict. :grin: Can't bring myself to log on and donate my bank to suomi either... I do take some comfort in the fact that I never wasted any actual money on this addiction.

Since I'm actively trying to not play, I find it all the more interesting that people will bot just for the purpose of gaining some achievement/prestige in an online game. The people who actually put in the time for their achievements do partly have that feeling that they did it themselves. For the botters, though, it seems that they're doing it more for the glory of getting to the top and having other people admire them for it.

Of course, for legit players and botters the drive to somehow finish the game and getting some kind of closure is usually a big factor, too.

I'm mostly just rambling, but the psychological aspects are interesting and stuff you could think about.

[more rambling]

Anyways, I found a SNES/Gameboy emulator online with a bunch of old games to keep me occupied when I have absolutey nothing to do. This should help hold my attention while I get unhooked.

New music always helps too. (Heritage coming out in a few weeks, Makka ;))

Random closing thought:

One of my small goals was to have a higher total than Nuff again at some point before he maxed. At least I got that this month without even trying. \:D/

New music always helps too. (Heritage coming out in a few weeks, Makka ;))

Indeed it is, can't wait :P

Also, good luck beating those pesky NES-classics and life outside of RS in general, and ofc we hope to see you again :)

-

-

I don't think he's back

People who bot for skills do it for the reputation/prestige. His reputation is already gone, why would he want his account back?

My guess is he wanted the gold on his account, assuming Jagex never touched it. He's probably transferred it to another account and is making a fresh start or has cashed out.