Top 250 F2P Skill Total List

A_U_R_A

Some people use VPNs to play the game.

More commonly used for running multiple accounts. Nevermind, I was thinking of VPS.

EDIT:

You just get kind of numbed to the whole thing after a while. It's also really killed the sense of community in this game. If you're not already in a clan or don't have irl friends who play (I started playing this game with 8 irl friends. After 7 years of playing, my last irl friend finally quit a month ago), it must feel really lonely walking around cities and seeing hardly anything but macroers and autotalkers.

Yes. A pity, really. Very true about becoming desensitized. It's what made me think the community as a whole is irreversibly poisoned.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game, especially the free-to-play portion, as it is, is indeed pretty much plagued by macroers of all kind. I hate to say it, but now when I see someone with, say, 99 woodcutting, I almost automatically think "probably botted"... I almost hate myself for it, but I also kind of hate the fact that it is almost likely that it's true.

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

I just checked that my rank is 159 already (between 180 and 190 like 5 months ago).

My history:

I was added to top 100 f2p 6. July 2005 by Danesi.

In 2006 my rank was mostly in the 50 to 60s region.

In 2007 I achieved total 1337 with highest rank of 39. After that a quit and fall until now.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

I think mine was 35 something or slightly higher during my prime (well, tons of training during that time), but now has dropped close to 200th mark. Even thought I am still working toward my goals, but its way slower compare to before.

Time change, there are new F2P (with more efficient way of training) that aims for higher goals then the ones that were set before. I think I only recongize few names I know prior 2008, though few did made a come back.

I think most people would also agree that skills these days are easier to train, even if a person did not bot a certain skill to lvl 99, to me, it wouldn't hold the same value compare to the past since it was harder to train (or grind) back then.

The only time I dislike in the game (besides the botters) are attitude of players. No one talks much these days, people who respond are either aggressive, or ask you for lvls just to check out if you are a bot or not. As a higher lvl, I got constantly asked about how long I have played, and usually end up with "well, I can't no life like you, I still got a life" comment.....

a happy Runescaper

I think most people would also agree that skills these days are easier to train, even if a person did not bot a certain skill to lvl 99, to me, it wouldn't hold the same value compare to the past since it was harder to train (or grind) back then.

I must say I in a way do not agree with you, since you are kind of undermining the achievements of new(er) players.

In alot of skills, Jagex has added no ways to train that are faster than before, at least not with less monetary loss. You almost make it sound like it is easy for us now, even though there are bots all over the place, slowing everyone down.

All I am saying is, that in my opinion, everyone deserves their levels just as much as the people before them.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

B u c H was a good friend of mine, and he sold his account to a friend in an effort to prevent himself from playing too much while he attends university. I wouldn't be surprised if the new owner of the account has botted.

Account trading is against the rule, that act alone would have resulted a in a perm ban anyways (if Jagex can prove it). Despite if new owner botted or not. I always told other high lvls that want to quit, leave the way as it is, and keep them locked, you never know when you are coming back.

I just hope that those get banned in wrongful manner get their account back.

a happy Runescaper

In relation to Central's earlier post, I think that a "Lock Account"-feature should be introcuded to rs, where you could lock your account behind, say, your recovery questions and a password perhaps. Of course you should only do this if you're sure you can remember the said password, since you won't be able to get your account back ever otherwise, so this would be at your own risk.

This is perhaps a bit extreme, but if you lock something, you need the key or it stays locked.

-

-

Congratz to Kadour Ziani for being the 3rd f2per to completely max out all skills +120 dung :thumbsup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Looks like the entire Runehead site has been hacked so while I have managed to restore some of the list's settings its name remains unchangeable until the failed (and I mean VERY FAILED) Runehead managers get a fix on it.

GRATZ ON MAXED, KADOUR!!!

Edited by Isthatok

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Looks like the entire Runehead site has been hacked so while I have managed to restore some of the list's settings its name remains unchangeable until the failed (and I mean VERY FAILED) Runehead managers get a fix on it.

Was just about to ask about this, but you already answered it.

And also, huge grats to Kadour for maxed!

-

-

I must say I in a way do not agree with you, since you are kind of undermining the achievements of new(er) players.

In alot of skills, Jagex has added no ways to train that are faster than before, at least not with less monetary loss. You almost make it sound like it is easy for us now, even though there are bots all over the place, slowing everyone down.

All I am saying is, that in my opinion, everyone deserves their levels just as much as the people before them.

Realistically speaking, it is the truth, to certain extent. We can compare one skill such as smithing, whether was before you had to buy bars or ores to smith, which cost tons of money or good network of friends who were willing to help you (I think Syzygy were doing that, many people asked for his help, and that was his hobby, mining crafting, and smithing). That alone makes smithing hard to train due to effort being put in. Now you have the Darwven workshop where the xp vs money spend on it way easier compare to before, not to mention the less demanding attention usage (it like right next to a bank with its own ore/bar deposit system. Just to give you the comparison, in the past, in order not to lose money, we had to mine the ores ourselves, or buy them slightly lower, make the bar using superheat, and sell the bars again (and it takes 1hr of non stop focus to superheating, insane amount of clicking just for 1k bars). Getting the same amount of xp per hour is definitely a lot faster using the Artisan workshop (I finished some short stories with almost no effort on my end except to look at the screen every 2 minutes or so, my guy would just hammer away....).

The only thing that bots sort of irked me was during 2007 pre GE and wildy removal, where I am adamant on getting the yew logs for cash, but then again, I could just go to a place full of willow with cuts and burn still getting the xp without worrying cash gain. To this day, I still plan to get my fishing up to lvl 99 by fishing raw lobs at kara, despite the poor cash thanks to bots. Thanks to the note guy (again, another improvement), it has made the thing somewhat bearable (I used to fally tele (or cabbage tele), make air runes on the way, pay the guy, fish, tele back, bank the raw lobs or use quick bank deposit near the inn, and repeat). It will take me a long time, but at least I don't have to fly fish and drop them, or high alc them to plow through the xp (just personal preference really).

I think if you are a smart player, you can do many things to avoid clashing with bots. I think there are 3 types of high lvl players in RS, those that train hard (play long time), those that train smart (merchant, efficient way, power lvling), and those that train smart and hard (I talked El Popo long time ago, and he said that he will be the leading F2P in the future, which I light hearly dismissed at the time, but he kept his word)

I am in no position to undermind new players' achievements, as that I am sure many veteran players are using the new more efficient method as well. Thus you have a mixture of xp from recent and old time in any players RS career.

I think I am just recollecting the old memories where the achievement seems daunting and you stand on much different ground compare to now. If you look at the Top 250 list, it can somewhat reflect that you have people maxing out stats that was consider PRETTY hard back then. (I think that would be RC with all the new FOG mini games and RC guild).

So the only skill thats still left old style, is prayer, where if you somehow get the cash, you still have to bury through them bones.

a happy Runescaper

I think I am just recollecting the old memories where the achievement seems daunting and you stand on much different ground compare to now. If you look at the Top 250 list, it can somewhat reflect that you have people maxing out stats that was consider PRETTY hard back then. (I think that would be RC with all the new FOG mini games and RC guild).

Agreed. Keep in mind that Mendark 9 quit in June 2006, and he got his 97 runecrafting by solo running air runes...Artemk2005, the first F2P to 99 rc, got his achievement the same way. As someone who started in 2004, I understand where you're coming from and agree with you: 99s in the old days were much harder, and perhaps even more respectable, than nowadays. You had to cook your fish one by one. You couldn't rest to regain your energy; you had to wait out the full 14(?) minutes. There was no GOP or FoG. Indeed, prayer seems to be the only skill that has thus far withstood the test of time.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

I have to agree with Central_Keeper on this, although improvements have been quite little.

To me my pre cook-x lvl 99 is still my greatest achievement. I currently there isn't much skills which require this massive clicking (except prayer). This also meant that you had to find raw lobster sellers (no swordfish because they were very expensive cooking wise) from forums because getting 100k or more fish screaming in varrock was very slow. Then getting rid of them etc.

But I still respect all 99ers.

Just for fun, I'll add a picture which shows quite low ranks and stuff.

fish.png

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

List updated: http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=top250f2p&skill=Overall

The new policy against macroing has taken effect, and to go along with that I have created a formal Service Outline for our list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13gCcAfyfbomdUz-KH4UAtbYAZ8k7vZDZX4Zal4CRbfU/edit?hl=en_US

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Almost at end, sorry this is a long post and mostly just my thought making it a bit messy :)

---

Updates done to make skills faster such as the make - x for cooking have been implemented over the years many times.

Most are to my disagreement.

I never had cook-x, most easy skill.. might not even need it to at least have a decent toughness to it.

However its long ingame, and most of us will not ever have used it.

craft-x was unneccesary as well, i liked it without. Same for the tiara-make-x. And we still dont know but prayer might get it too some day.

We also got to take into account updates as gop,fog stronhold, which hold major changes for multiple skills, made many many things much easier.

And ofcourse those small things like the mentioned noter on the island, but also the much faster mage speed implemented about a year ago(actually not small at all if u are a fast heater) and alchs that now can be done at the same time of literally everything.

The grand exchange made the game too simple realy. Before that, i mined, smithed in furnace and smithed on anvil to later alch, now bars are avaible always in large numbers. Alch supplys, i previously ordered via forums ( which we couldnt post at, and therefore i contacted every person that sold stuff by pm ( which he had to be online at)). And merchanting is easy, u can use all items all the time now :o

rc is a weird skill btw: air running was hard (5kph) then opening came which the first about 10 99 rc of f2p used, i seen artemk2005 using it too btw, only mendark didnt.

Opening was the fastest rc for us. After it assisting, pretty fast but slowed down gradually during the years, in the end sometimes not even runners. Tiaras too costy, but became cheap these days, so will be fastest for now. And gop/fog dont make rc faster, just a different way.

If i would compare rc old and new: rc old = opening = faster than now = tiara runnin, also more expensive

prayer = x2 speed. (money value before free trade limit came, and after it)

mining speed decreased btw when the 3th ore in kharid mine was removed ;) later it increased when dung bank came in dwarven mine.

Conclusion:

Every 99 is easier, by far, some realy a lot, such as pray speed, heating speed, other like ranged and fishing almost nothing(unless u take fish gloves into account).

But money is easier, thus so are these skills, as they require less time to get the money.

Therefore the value of a 99 is decreasing. The stupid thing; we can't see when the 99 was obtained and thus how easy it was for that player.

I prefer skills as they were, 1 speed, to have exp have equal value always, and to give every player the same time nessesary to complete a certain goal.

Since most player actually do, jagex has been very ignorant to us.

Some do benefit us though, such as exchange, it just made gamepley better to be honest.

Others do totally not, such as urns, and therefore i refuse using them, as they have totally nothing to do with the skills they are beeing used for.

Current total as of 25 may 2012: 1604 (including 1 glitched agility level)

Total 1592 pure f2p - Rank 19 in the top 250 f2p list - last time in list with official hiscores

1264 total f2p! 99 Firemaking. 111 combat. Rank 184 F2P) - 3 years ago when i first entered the list.

Thanks for the policy, Isthat, I will read it right now!

Good job :D

Current total as of 25 may 2012: 1604 (including 1 glitched agility level)

Total 1592 pure f2p - Rank 19 in the top 250 f2p list - last time in list with official hiscores

1264 total f2p! 99 Firemaking. 111 combat. Rank 184 F2P) - 3 years ago when i first entered the list.

@222champ: Welcome to the world of MMOs where everything gets easier over time. That's nothing special... And I really liked RS more after grand exchange than before. Trading was a pure nigthmare without the ge and didn't make RS enjoyable for me. Harder doesn't equal more fun - at least for me.

[404] Signature not found.

Congrats to kameeru on 200m dungeoneering xp.

His second 200m, what a beast.

Crazy feat, I would say that Dung is probably one of the hardest skill to train beside RC and Prayer if you plan on hitting 200mil xp.

In response to the Old vs New F2p.

I agree with everyone's point. Of course, there were some aspect of pre golden era that I didn't like (such as selling and buying goods, it was nuts trying to buy stuff in a sea of messages). Introduction of GE certainly make many things easier. But keep in mind that if you complain about one aspect of RS during a certain year, other players were probably going through the same thing as you were, shouting through a tsunami of messages (thus equal footing). I am sure all the MMO eventually become easier compare to their early works, but the only thing I can't agree on is people complaining about training being too slow for certain skill (like 2010 or 2011). Which kind of ties loosely into some players demand for more efficient out dated member way to be introduced into F2P. F2P are harder for a reason, in which the training is suppose to be slower without the benefit of being a member.

F2P in a lot of sense is handicapped, but rest assured if we take all the current top 250 F2P back in time say, 2004 or 2005, or even earlier. Some might quit to due frustration of training certain skills. I often think to myself during current training and thinking back, wow how did I manage to train this high in the past? Undoubtedly speaking, I have adapted and get used to new and easier way.

If you are on the top F2P list, you are there for the reason in which you wanted a challenge, a challenge in which to excel or achieve your goal that people thought it was quite impossible in F2P. Comparing the old to the new time isn't going to help. But for us old RS geezer, well, 2005 ish for me, that will always be the time in which we truly enjoy RS and being the Top ones as a whole (minus the bot and RWT problem).

a happy Runescaper

Would it be possible to make some kind of temporary list, while we wait for RuneHead to get their site back up and running? Or is there already one that I am not aware of?

-

-