To ban or not to ban: A lvl 126---1,500+ views

NoMoreDead

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

truly I have to say I never saw a lvl 111+ so I would say that they need a sec chance cuz all the time I ask to do something (like skillcape) they don't answer or even tele, maybe its cuz his chat is in friends so he can't answer to you

and also if he was a good guy he should get a second chance for example

0 of 10 blk marks

by the report would like 11.5 of 10 blk marks (cuz auto is a really bad mistake to do) so Jagex should give tem a chance

blackmhween06,Zurutius.gif

My stats

siggymv6.png

Quited RuneScape-17 July 2007, Still fighting for f2p rights

I personally think he/she should be banned. They think they can get away with it just because they are high lvled and probably won't get reported because they won't be suspected. well all the more reason to ban them don't you think?

backword821.png

I've always been in favour of second (and third) chances!

if there is a slight chance of the person don't doing the crime again, don't give him a "dead penalty" (in some old tipit times perm banning was compared with this, and I think it's a very good comparisation).

a lvl 126 player who autos mostly stops autoing once he gets a warning, they only auto cause they think that they won't get catched.. So once it is made clear that they WILL be catched they will stop autoing immediatelly!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

They should be be banned, and then an article about said ban should be put on the main page as a warning to other high levels who think they won't get banned. Unless its Chuck Norris.

moi_extraire.gif

Yes, I do know I'm not ranked in any REAL skills.

I'd say don't ban, but give them a very severe warning. More then likely, the fear of being caught if they tried it again, coupled with the fact that they'd lose a character that a lot of their time has been invested into would cause them to stop macroing.

I'm not saying they're above the rules, but a severe warning could serve the same purpose (having them stop macroing) as a ban.

Banned without a doubt. If a level 3 with all 99 non-cb stats was autoing they would ban him because he is a low level. But a lvl 126 wouldn't be because Jagex thinks that he has spent a lot of time working on RuneScape when his only stats are 99 Attack, 99 Stength, 99 Defence, 99 Prayer, and 99 HitPoints when all he does is auto kill green dragons.

fun_bite.png

^^ frub skills, eh?

truly I have to say I never saw a lvl 111+ so I would say that they need a sec chance cuz all the time I ask to do something (like skillcape) they don't answer or even tele, maybe its cuz his chat is in friends so he can't answer to you

and also if he was a good guy he should get a second chance for example

0 of 10 blk marks

by the report would like 11.5 of 10 blk marks (cuz auto is a really bad mistake to do) so Jagex should give tem a chance

You've never seen anyone over 111? Strange...they usually DO go to freeplay worlds (I know I do on full moons :D).

Regardless of whether or not he was a 'good guy', meaning his record was clean, who cares? If he didn't read Rule 7 then he'd deserve to be banned, since each rule is in the Terms of Service that you signed up for...(And by him using the site, he agrees to the Terms of Service, ergo he agrees to abide by the rules.)

Linux User/Enthusiast | Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I think Jagex should take their history into consideration. For instance, if a player had been playing more than 500 hours in total (arbitrary amount) and it is a first autoing offence, nothing more than a three day ban would suffice. A repeat offence should then result in a permanent ban. This goes regardless of levels in anything as far as I'm concerned.

I think this may be how they do it. For example, my brother once foolishly starting using a macro for mining. Within ten minutes he was detected and received a 3 day ban. He hasn't done this since. I don't think it's too far-fetched to assume Jagex do consider the history of the account, and this is only fair.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

they should be BANNED.

Just because they are the best of the best dosnt mean they should be allowed to break rules. example:

would you be happy if you got done for drunk driving and got 90 days but then some over-rated celebrity who has never achieved anything in life dos the same and gets a 45 day sentence then halfed and then allowed early release for faking sick (e-cookie for any1 who can guess who im talking about)

pretty similar cases if you think about, both relating to people who are important getting away with it when they shouldnt

I havn't read all the previous posts or anything...

But my stance on that would be ban the player...permanantly.

No matter what levl a serious offense such as autoing should still be banable. If Jagex didn't ban higher levls for stuff like that, they would be proving themselves to be corrupt.

~Brs

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Depends totally on the time of the offence.

Over 1 week of it and yes, ban, but if it was a 'tryout' and gained hardly any experience no don't ban the 126, only ban if its prolonged.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^