To ban or not to ban: A lvl 126---1,500+ views

NoMoreDead

I dotn care how rich they are, how long they played for, how good of a community member they are:

If they auto they get banned

the rules are clear they obvioually know they have broken them, tollerance should not be offered.

sig2webzx7.jpg

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a 126 myself, and I think anyone who has reached 126 would not auto, atleast not anymore - Its just not worth it, I've played this game for 3 years, I wouldn't want that all gone for just a couple of lvls.

What may happen is that once a player reaches a certain point in playing rs it becomes more a habit than anything else, perhaps this person you saw was just getting lvls while studying, or doing something else on the computer, and that my friend, is not autoing.

But if it was to be the case and evidence was put forward, yes I would go for the direct ban, but I dont think anyone who reached 126 would want that all down the drain :P

sig4ej9.jpg

no tẻ̮̱̉o boca pa te xupar los cojones

Vold failed spanish class. I love Vold.

Ban, without a nanosecond of hesitation.

Why should people get to pick and choose when the clearly defined and easy to follow rules do and do not apply? :shame:

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

Lol, how weird that we're talking about high, rich players getting let off lightly with Paris Hilton at the moment...

I personally feel that rules are rules are rules. Aside from the fact they'd be stupid to cheat at such a distinguished level, it also raises questions about how honest the methods were they used to get there in the first place, so they should be delivered the same heavy hand as every other players. It's only fair.

Above all else, if Jagex published a notice saying they'd banned a level 126 player, can you imagine the psychological effect it would have on some less-persuaded macroers? They'd eventually learn that the days of Jagex turning a blind-eye to rule-breaing are over, and that rule breakers have no place in RS whatsoever.

Above all else, if Jagex published a notice saying they'd banned a level 126 player, can you imagine the psychological effect it would have on some less-persuaded macroers?

The less-persuaded macros that would be stupid enough to macro on their main.

2480+ total

i believe they should be given a second chance O:) and if they offend again then they should be banned :shame:

They must have been commited enough to get to 126 so.. yea :D

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

i believe they should be given a second chance O:) and if they offend again then they should be banned :shame:

They must have been commited enough to get to 126 so.. yea :D

Perhaps they didn't earn the levels fair and square, or they had autoed for a vast chunk of their experience. Surely one mustn't assume that the player had only just started using such a program.

I don't care what lvl is the guy or who he is.

If he breaks the rules; HE BREAKS THE RULES AND MUST GET WHAT HE DESERVES REGARDLESS OF STRENGTH OR WEALTH

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

126 or not. If (s)he chooses to break Jagex's rules that person should be rightfully banned. Just because they have played the game longer then others and whatnot, that should not determine if they should have a greater chance to be forgiven.

Not banning a level 126 for macroing is giving a dumb broad like Paris Hilton the ability to go and drink, drive and god knows what else without consequences. Status/popularity should never be brought into play when it comes to the law.

Haha being level 126 only means that you've spent 2 months in pest control :XD:

2 months is still time and a lot of effort is put in as well.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Ban it realy doesnt mattar if they r the best and they shoudl know the rules by now

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Of course, they made the choice to cheat. Unfortunatly, Jagax will not ban them if they are members.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Their level doesn't matter. The rules of RuneScape are made for a reason and are to be taken seriously. If a player breaks a rule and they happen to be a level 126, they're still breaking the rule. Any player who breaks a rule should be banned, no matter what their level.

if somebody has played for however long it took them to get to 126, i would imagine that they would have said a wrong word on more than one occasion to get them muted ( whether it be on accident, or purposefully ) . i dont think anybody in their right mind would risk getting banned after playing for years to reach the maximum combat level by using a program to play for you.

done with runescape

if somebody has played for however long it took them to get to 126, i would imagine that they would have said a wrong word on more than one occasion to get them muted.

Some high levels dare to be like immature boys..

One guy at the fishing guild was level-117 and he acted like the most immature person ever (this was the day after Thanksgiving so too much wine and diet coke). He was challenging me and anyone with foul comments and any sort of untruthful lies. Of course, what ever happens to this person is between that man and Jagex as that is not the point.

The point is COMBAT doesn't show your maturity. You can have a kind lvl 5 and a rude lvl 100. On my pure, I'm seeing a lot more nicer folk than rude "0mg n00b" folk. Usually that type of attitude works when you annoy someone.

So, I just thought of a story for ya'll in this case.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Why would the person being level 126 matter? People usually don't get caught the first time they break a rule so who's to say that the person didn't cheat their way to that 126?

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

Sorry to be a pile on to the popular argument but I definitely agree with the decision to ban with zero tolerance if the player is unquestionably and obviously breaking the rules (lets not forget the mentions that many 126s may desire to keep their public chat off). Despite players passing a certain grace period of playing the game over several months/years and not getting into any trouble till this moment, if the player were not banned then it would exhibit an extremely noticeable double standard. Zero tolerance is really the only way to go due to the player having learned by now that autoing or rulebreaking is never acceptable. Honestly if a lvl 126 or any high lvl player makes that decision it is not only a rule violation but a blatant slap in the face after achieving many hopefully legitamate lvls.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).