To ban or not to ban: A lvl 126---1,500+ views

NoMoreDead

Recently, I saw a couple of lvl 126's whom I suspected of auto-fishing. I did not report them, since many 126's refuse to talk or do anything but focus on what they are doing, and I have no problem with that.

But, here is my posed question to everyone...If a combat level 126 is autoing, should they be banned instantly, or given a second chance?

My stance: Although the player has prooven him/her self as a good and fair player of the game (assuming he didn't auto kill anything), the penalties should be stiff. I vote that the player should be banned.

Do they diserve a second chance? Does the mass amounts of legit time

they spent outweigh the hours they didn't? You decide.

I'd be interested to see if anybody will take the "Dont ban" side. It would make for a fun debate \'

Votes:

Ban: 61

Don't Ban: 6

Ban, Unless its Chuck Norris: 7

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't this acutally go into the Debate Club forum. It's not really a rant it's a debate...

If it is to go in the Debate Club forum, here's the link...

http://forum.tip.it/viewforum.php?f=143

Also, I think that they should be banned straight out. The amount of time a person puts into a character makes no difference. That's like saying two people both murdered someone. One person has no job, kids, or family. The other man has everything he could ask for and EARNED it all. Should we be nicer to the rich man because he worked hard to get to where he was and we wouldn't want to ruin it? The same punishment goes for EVERYONE in my opinion.

Thanks!

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Yes. They should be.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, your commodity drops in value.
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i773526_stingtag.gif[/img][/url] [quote name="Capone_Sabre"]People in the wilderness will [b]always[/b] insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.[/quote]

They should be banned. Because like someone mentioned before just because their a lvl 126 and may have worked their way there and just decided to finally use a macro or something doesn't give them the right. And again they should definitely be banned.

A Clan or Guild leader and looking for allies please join our Trade Federation here at our forums.

Looking for a skilling clan/guild join ourshere.

Or you can look at our topic here.

it doesn't matter if they are the best player in rs. if you are macroing you are banned permanently, no tolerance

Exactly.

If you think they are autoing, report them. Then if they are, ban, if they aren't nothing happens and no one knows the better.

35b9enp.jpg

Do they diserve a second chance?
If they are caught, no. I can't imagine Jagex going "You are level 126, we give you another chance." Doesn't make sense.

Does the mass amounts of legit time they spent outweigh the hours they didn't?
In the rules, it doesn't make any difference, they will be banned anyway.

I see nothing wrong with it :lol: Some people spend hours playing this game "by the rules", still they can act like jerks, calling people names, being a general annoyance. A level 126, doing something reckless with his account then getting banned for it, I think that's a nice poetic Runescape ending, and onto something else in life.

"He should get banned, he broke the rules!" as if we talked about someone commiting manslaughter. I agree, we should be fair to all players.

But does anyone even cares if people like that get banned or not? It's an additonal fun for some, a challenge, and darn the consequences. The worse thing that happens is a virtual death, wow :)

2480+ total

Well that wouldn't be very fair if they got away with it while others did not, so I say permanent ban should be given to them just as it would be any autoer.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

It's cruel that a 126 would even WANT to try to auto, they've proberly been playing it for 2-3 years or so, and lvl50s up can't play th game properly.

BANNETH TEH AUTO NOOBS! yes, they're noobs beacause they auto, true fact, or they wouldn't auto.BOOM.

gazzy.jpg

Are you sick and tired of people telling you what to put in your sig? So am I. No, don't put this in your sig, you'll be doing what THEY want!

... what makes you think that a l 126 have played longer or worked gharder than a L3 or 43?

stil only combat levels who happens to be the easiest things to train up :)

BAN! ofcourse. but as you said, he probably dident auto... in fact there is no real way of teling if someone is. he probably just had the public off and were powere fishing and therefore was following a rutine.

I simply don't understand why a lvl 126 would even want to macro at all and I really hate people that simply assumed x to be macroer simply because of "x does not talk" situations. Even if they are pc products they have at least worked hard to achieve that lvl 126 combat status.

Anyway I don't think Jagex should practice discrimination at all.. ever.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I agree with Freesia, I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to macro on their main character. People assume the person macros becaue she/he doesn't talk, that's plain stupid.

The only way macros do money is by logging in multiple macros at the same time(10+), then making them work at the same time. Macroing, any other way, is useless and stupid, especially on a main character.

2480+ total

Jagex would still not ban them because they would think that it's a noob who got insulted by him and decided to report him.

Unless everyone there reported him, in which case they think he shouted "Hey everybody report x for macroing!", where you replace X with the player's name.

But I think that they should get banned because they're still breaking the rules.

runescaperights0hc.gif

Click on Website to join my clan, Impures Unite.

fixfriendsol7.gif

Shouldn't there be more dwarf truck stops? Click to support.

they should be banned, no matter who they are. there is no excuse for cheating multiplayer.

aside from that, i'll contribute to the against argument.

-they spend a lot of time ingame, and it was a small lapse of judgement.

-they are loyal to jagex for staying that long ingame

that's all i can think of

... what makes you think that a l 126 have played longer or worked gharder than a L3 or 43?

stil only combat levels who happens to be the easiest things to train up :)

BAN! ofcourse. but as you said, he probably dident auto... in fact there is no real way of teling if someone is. he probably just had the public off and were powere fishing and therefore was following a rutine.

Using a bit of common sense and a bit of game experience, one can deduce that a level 126 worked harder than a level 3 or level 43, assuming no one was autoing, dimwit.

runebannerul6.jpg

mining10099.jpg

2432nd to 99 mining