Development Diaries! A new branch on the jagex tree

Ryuuka

beastnbowej9.gif

here is a picture of the all new concept art dark bow from the development diaries.

and here are the implings <3:

implingsgw4.gif

now that this is shown lets discuss what we think about this (what i think) brilliant idea. <3:<3:<3:

Here's a directlink

thanks for the link <3:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just read through that breifly... and omg how uber hawt does that bow look!

lets hope it doesnt come out untill im out of retirement cos i reeaallly want one.

and that special :shock: wow man, wow is all i can say

Back playing Rs with some vigour for once, Visit my blog and check out what im up too.. http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=690785

sigagainus2.png

i can't wait for implings!

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

anyone still have doubts on the bow not being the best in the game? i sure hope not

EDIT:

i guess this rules out the idea of people saying the dark bow is a crossbow :-# =D> :-#

How ould the dark bow have been a crossbow? it was already said to fire dragon ARROWS, and crossbows can NOT fire arrows.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

i guess this rules out the idea of people saying the dark bow is a crossbow :-# =D> :-#

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

i love this new diary thingy, shows that unlike what many people on the forums think, jagex do put somee thought into their updates

that bow is soo very sweet, not so sure about the special attack...

the imps look nice too ::'

i think is nice to see things before they give stats, so there is none of this "omg you said it would be powerful!!!11 it worse than the crystal bow"

yes, i do think itll be not be as powerful as the crystal bow (like the crystal sheild and d sq, it's 10 levels lower :P), but it would still have no need to repare and wont degrade, so i think itll be very popular :)

It also say that the fletching part of the knowledgebase is/will be updated, so with the titbit about being arrowtips, these arrows are going to be fletchable!

sounds to me like an 80 fletch dragon arrow, id prefer this to just giving the arrows straight away, meaning youll need 60range, 90 slayer, 80(?) hunter AND 80 fletch to use all without buying. talk about a high lv update \'

phaper.png

killing off the TET, one newb at a time :^_^:

latestsig-1.png

im cutting back on rs now due to rl issues (college), my sig stats havent been updated in a while...

The concept art is good, but I prefer how they give an account of how much effort goes into making an update. It might quieten down those who expect an update every week, although that is hoping for alot.

from the diaries it is a fact that implings will drop dragon arrow heads and dragon dart heads- im fairly sure dragon arrows would be fletchable at 90 flecthing, but darts could range from 94 to 96, meybe even 99.

Also, i cant see jagex making the arrows/darts require normal shafts/normal feathers- but we'll see.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

New tidbits:

-Dragon arrows must be fletched.

-Dragon implings are going to be really rare, and unique.

-Butterfly nets to catch them

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

sounds to me like an 80 fletch dragon arrow, id prefer this to just giving the arrows straight away, meaning youll need 60range, 90 slayer, 80(?) hunter AND 80 fletch to use all without buying. talk about a high lv update \'

Rune is already 75, and they went by 15 levels each time. The dragon arrows will be 90 fletching, not 80.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

After my exams, I'm buying myself one of those bows. Just because they look awesome. :shock:

I loved reading through the development diary, learning exactly how updates are produced and getting more info on what to look forward to. A great addition to the monthly updates.

Edit:

It was a nice read, but i was hoping they would say the spec attack or stats of dark bow (I knew they wouldn't but i just can't wait)

The red thing above the dark bow is suppose to be its special attack... but i can't tell what it is.. anyone wanna guess?

red dragon with it's fangs out, like it's gonna bite you :ohnoes:

I thought of that too. Fits in with the whole dragon arrows thing anyway. :-k

dragdp2.png

It was a nice read, but i was hoping they would say the spec attack or stats of dark bow (I knew they wouldn't but i just can't wait)

The red thing above the dark bow is suppose to be its special attack... but i can't tell what it is.. anyone wanna guess?

hoffmanbmx.gif

120+ combat 1800+ total | level 76 rsc

whip drops: 31

abyssal heads: 1

dark bows: 1

every company develops game content like this.. big wup

idc about this update.. or what the bow looks like.. just how good it is.. and for that i will have to wait.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

red dragon with it's fangs out, like it's gonna bite you :ohnoes:
Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

ok... ill post in this thread instead...

a very insightful article.. a very good read.

I enjoyed knowing that they are infact planning for months and months contrary to what some of the RS players tend to believe.

I also like how the writer of the article specifies that Jagex does infact think about their high lvl players.

Thesmallone9.gif

I think they must be getting pissed off at all the players who keep trashing updates. "Show them how much work goes into it and maybe they'll appreciate them more"

P.S. The Dark Beast and Dark Bow designs look AWESOME! :thumbsup:

I enjoyed knowing that they are infact planning for months and months contrary to what some of the RS players tend to believe.

I also like how the writer of the article specifies that Jagex does infact think about their high lvl players.

theyre not gonna do a whole update in a week? :S

its not just jagex anygame you need to get ideas.. make concept pick best redraft model, animate, test, fix, add..

for months work jagex updates arent the best but fact they have to do weekly ones.. i dont blame em

look at any content for a game.. its all planned for months and months..

look at construction for example planned for about 4 years.. just with game engine.. not possible.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png