My studies of various range weapons

Nazgul740

I've heard quite a few negative comments on the types of range weapons that jagex has come out with... The rune c-bow is too slow, msb spec doesn't hit, so and so costs too much...

So I took it among myself to start testing one of these theories. Since I don't pk and the special of the msb doesn't really matter to me I decided to go test out crossbows. After spending about an hour in world 99 edge screaming out ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åbuying rune c-bow 55!ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Wow nice little piece you wrote there.

I still think that ranged is ridiculously underpowered seeing as my max hit with 99 ranged is 25 and with 99 strength you can hit in the region of 41-42. Not really fair is it -.- <.<

cheesebap7dz.jpg

506953538win2.JPG

^Poker Tournament^

I still think that ranged is ridiculously underpowered seeing as my max hit with 99 ranged is 25 and with 99 strength you can hit in the region of 41-42. Not really fair is it

IMO it is. Range can hit from a distance, and most of the time take absolutely 0 damage. With melee you have a chance to die and lose your stuff every time.

Also, melee has more high-level weapons, such as dragon scimitars, etc, while range's dragon bolts and bow is still going to come out.

I still think that ranged is ridiculously underpowered seeing as my max hit with 99 ranged is 25 and with 99 strength you can hit in the region of 41-42. Not really fair is it

IMO it is. Range can hit from a distance, and most of the time take absolutely 0 damage. With melee you have a chance to die and lose your stuff every time.

Also, melee has more high-level weapons, such as dragon scimitars, etc, while range's dragon bolts and bow is still going to come out.

Range still has its risks...ask anyone who goes to fight dragons with range.

revan-1.gif

True, but most of the time range has less risk than melee, and I think this outweighs the lesser damage.

It was anyway your choice to become a ranger, complaining about that is like buying a packet of peanuts and then complaining that you're allergic to nuts, and demanding that the seller take away your nut allergy. Your problem, not theirs.

That was why i Ranged Metal dragons... Hunter Cbow FTW!

Also Dorgeshuun Cbow rocks

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

The Hunter Crossbow is as fast as the MSB. It's a lot of fun to use at the Duel arena and make the fellow rangers go: o_O

Optionally, start the duel off with the Dorgeshuun crossbow's special and lower their defence with a good 10-15 levels :P many haven't encountered that either yet.

P2P :: 1836 ST :: 91 MAGE :: 90 RANGE :: 85 PRAY :: 245 QP :: 124 CMB

Wow that is quite a good find! Could use a little more testing and stats but I like the outcome nonetheless.

I personally think that the crossbow is one of the most overlooked weapons of the game. I remember back in the day of RSC when everyone and their dog used the crossbow.

Crusher777

Crusher777.png

That was why i Ranged Metal dragons... Hunter Cbow FTW!

Also Dorgeshuun Cbow rocks

Yeah im trying that out tonight if i get enough time... I heard that the speacial completely kicks major but... Does it make someones range defense go into the negative if it hits them?

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Wow nice little piece you wrote there.

I still think that ranged is ridiculously underpowered seeing as my max hit with 99 ranged is 25 and with 99 strength you can hit in the region of 41-42. Not really fair is it -.- <.<

you can hit much higher than 42 :-w

Because I am a savage killer I am talking about pking ( :XD: :thumbsup: ) so in the wildy the max I can hit is 25 and the max people can hit with a whip is about 42. I know you can hit higher but there isn't much point if you aren't pking in my opinion.

cheesebap7dz.jpg

506953538win2.JPG

^Poker Tournament^

Truly amazing. I dind't have any clue they were that good. Maybe I'm going to try some kebbith (sp?) dashin sometimes. I haven't even seen them yet! :XD:

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Ok, so let us be optimistic. Let us say, you can gather.. 500 kebbit short bolts an hour. You can pick them up when killing dragons. You can wield a shield / bow in your other hand. Zammy book boosts ranged. Defender doesn't .. So +5 ranged bonus there, over the normal kit from a MSB'er.

I tried some C'bow testing aswell. The good news is, this month they are 'pimping..' the C bow's to make them stronger. The BTS said so. I did some testing myself, the (e) bolt spells are random (downside) and uncommon (downside..) Also, bolts are.. expensive to say the least. You can buy arrowtips from shops, ranging guild being 1 of them. But where to find bolts?! Only bronze bolts are shop sold. The rest has to be smithed from bars, giving 10 bolts a bar. That is 1.5k a runite bolt.. :shock:

I love to see a few more tests, but wouldn't it be better to wait for our big C bow update + Dark bow update this month. It will (!) completely flip ranged.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

i hunt blues all the time with my msb, and you have to be incredibly careful <.< i always use safespots, but a few times ive gotten suprised running to pick up arrows, once got hit a 50...that really stank...

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

i hunt blues all the time with my msb, and you have to be incredibly careful i always use safespots, but a few times ive gotten suprised running to pick up arrows, once got hit a 50...that really stank...

Range is more tactical than melee. Unlike in melee, you can't just put on full dragon, gather some sharks and charge at anything you feel like. Don't be stupid, hunt something that can't attack back with range.

i hunt blues all the time with my msb, and you have to be incredibly careful <.< i always use safespots, but a few times ive gotten suprised running to pick up arrows, once got hit a 50...that really stank...

I never died myself while i got 76-99 ranged at blues, but the nearest i had was when i switched windows and forgot about having somehow left myself available to attack... well i change back and see both myself and the dragon redbarred (1 health for both, checked mine after) but luckily i was last to hit and killed it :P i of course had rhh and ranger boots and some amount of ada arrows, at least that was a fair fight against poor draggy ;)

True, but most of the time range has less risk than melee, and I think this outweighs the lesser damage.

It was anyway your choice to become a ranger, complaining about that is like buying a packet of peanuts and then complaining that you're allergic to nuts, and demanding that the seller take away your nut allergy. Your problem, not theirs.

thank you for being born, ive always hated rangers and their complaining.

but now that ranging will actually be useful i will train it, and i have planned on training it before i knew of this dragon arrow update.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin