Mage Additions?

lewagold2

Well Mages can't really KO anymore. I mean unless your in a team Mage is useless 90% of the fight, if at all.

when was the last time you played rs? :roll:

The only way to kill someone with Mage is to outlast them or hit non-stop 30s. I PK a lot more then you I would think I know.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoke staff is the end of air and fire crafting. My guess is summoning. :-w

You mean people actually spend time crafting those runes? Huh, I've never needed to craft fires. Air's occasionally, but never fires. Unless I wanted fast Runecrafting exp and had several Rings of Duelling wasting in my bank.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Well Mages can't really KO anymore. I mean unless your in a team Mage is useless 90% of the fight, if at all.

The only way to kill someone with Mage is to outlast them or hit non-stop 30s. I PK a lot more then you I would think I know.

oh and i suppose all those rants about mage being overpowered are for nothing? ancients is way too over powered, if you're using ice barrage or ice blitz, you're not even gonna get hit, unless you're facing a ranger, but they'll still be toast.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Everyone seems so confident that Mage has enough updates. Guess they haven't ever tried some Dragonhide or Karils when they're being maged. meh.

Here's hoping for Mage Armor with melee defense bonuses.

*ahem* splitbark *ahem* and dragonhide doesn't work too well, plus wat are you going to do against ice barrage if you're meleeing still? karil's is too expensive to use practically, definately not good for pking unless you're rich and are using crossbow as well.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Karil is a joke, the set has the non-mage def of paper, and since any mage worth its salt brings a dds too, prepare to get some really nasty specs on you. Barrage hits a lot of on dhide, btw.

Oh, and to the dude who talked about 50s with dstone bolts... Have you ever used them? I did, and let me tell you they are complete garbage. The spec barely ever hits, and at 110 range with full range gear and praying I can't seem to be able to hit past 40... Whoops, anyone with high strenght hits that without a spec using a decent weapon. Considering the spec hits once per fight, the chances to actually KO someone are slim to none, and it's so slow that you'd do more damage with a MSB with addy arrows. Yes, addy arrows, it's that rubish.

ranger4life995ut.gif

oh and i suppose all those rants about mage being overpowered are for nothing? ancients is way too over powered, if you're using ice barrage or ice blitz, you're not even gonna get hit, unless you're facing a ranger, but they'll still be toast.

It wears off and doesn't freeze them again for another couple seconds. Thats plenty to run away. Besides at high levels where mage hits constantly becuse your wearing armour you should have D'Hide anyways.

It wears off and doesn't freeze them again for another couple seconds. Thats plenty to run away. Besides at high levels where mage hits constantly becuse your wearing armour you should have D'Hide anyways.

do you ever pk or play cw? ice barrage always hits through d hide and the freeze is enough to get 2 more spells in, then whedn they run you can still get another 2 spells in and that's another freeze. plus by then you're dead no matter what unless you got some real luck.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

All of you saying mage is overpowered are wrong. Have you ever used Ancients? By the looks of it you have't. They are horrible to actually use. They miss nearly 40% of the time, even on armor. And bringing up that mages got an update recently is bullcrap. Lunar spells are not even used in combat, except Vengeance, which is only used by warriors.

Steam staff would be absolutely useless, almost like lava staff is. We need not an item, but an update to our accuracy. Right now, even with 90+ mage bonus, you can hardly hit.

hatewn1.png

All of you saying mage is overpowered are wrong. Have you ever used Ancients? By the looks of it you have't. They are horrible to actually use. They miss nearly 40% of the time, even on armor. And bringing up that mages got an update recently is bullcrap. Lunar spells are not even used in combat, except Vengeance, which is only used by warriors.

Steam staff would be absolutely useless, almost like lava staff is. We need not an item, but an update to our accuracy. Right now, even with 90+ mage bonus, you can hardly hit.

umm ok... i only have 51 mage and only use regular mage robes but i still hit pretty much all the time with my spells even on people with d hide so what are you talking about? plus i faced my friend in duel arena with full green d hide on and an ammyof defense and he was using ice blitz he killed me in 2 hits. ancients pretty much always hits, i see it all the time in cw and every1 dies when there's just one ancient.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Nature staff :shock:

That would eliminate most of a skill (like there aren't enough fire runes from slayer alone) and then any hope for phats would be lost.

seriously phats are a waste of money but, there would be a fire rune crafting craze if there was a nature staff and fire rune prices would soar. unless jagex put it into a really hard quest and make you do it before you can use it, which they should do. and make the requirements as high as the wc for grim tales. no more pures ftw!

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

they can only release 1 more combo staff...

unlimited air + fire is too powerfull!

unlimited air + water is too powerfull!

unlimited air + earth it too powerfull!

we already have earth + fire and earth + water...

now they just have water + fire left... but then... whats the use of it?

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Mages already GOT their big update, it was called Ancients. Mage is(YARLY) overpowered, thats half the reason behind these ranged updates.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

well, mud and lava staffes were invented to help out mage training arena people, using the high level enchants in the enchanting part of the game. a smoke staff wouldn't do us any good, as there are absolutely NO spell that uses fire and water.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Smoke staff would be more wanted than a party hat the first week... especially if it was a drop that you could only get if you have killed all three dagganoth kings in one trip. (meaning you have 1 hour to kill all three alone)

I guess it would be worth alot.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

well, mud and lava staffes were invented to help out mage training arena people, using the high level enchants in the enchanting part of the game. a steam staff wouldn't do us any good, as there are absolutely NO spell that uses fire and water.

So magic imbue doesnt exist? if people have the cash to use it for swift RC exp chances are theyll be willing to pay a one off price to streamline the process and get the most from it. PS i took the liberty of correcting smoke to steam ::'

m4g3 1n my 0p1n10n n33d5:

90+ sp3lls in n0rm4l m4g1c(d0n't h4v3 t0 b3 4tt sp3lls!!!)

4n w4t3r/f1r3 st4ff.

4nd s0m3 ch34per run3s!(m4g3 c0st 4l0t to us3 wh3n us1ng h1gh lvl sp3lls)

4nd s0me st4ff's th4t c4n 4ut0 c4st g0d sp3lls(th3y h4v3 t0 b3 h4rd t0 g3t)

1m 4 h4X0r

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg