facts about dark bow

hohto

I kinda figured about the xp thing...but they must be more common than whip drops.

they arent. the point why so many dark bows have already been dropped is simple- 2000 killers at beasts, 30+ beasts respawning- someone must get lucky. the second thing is, i kill 3 abyssal demons in the time it takes me to kill a single dark beast.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember its a bow and from what I've heard its quite a common drop, you say otherwise but you might be unlucky.

He's not the only one to realise they aren't 1/40. If they were, we'd hear "w00t bow" in every 5mins at beasts. Second, like he said they can't fall below the whip or they won't be hunted. They aren't that great for hunter task, the drop rate seems to be almost the same as whip and the cost of killing those is higher than at abbys. It also requires 5 levels (over 2m xp) more than whips.

The only question hohto is if the thing is the bow actually any good. Drop rates and the waste of prayer pots are more or less imaterial.

Dark bow

Descent of Darkness

Inflicts up to 30% more damage.

Descent of Dragons

When using dragon arrows, inflicts up to 50% more damage.

Both attacks will always hit.

that means it can k0 anyone if you get extremely lucky with specs? (58-58)

EDIT=oops it only a rise of 50% not 100 :P but still... 45 dmg per hit isn't to shabby

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

All depends on how good the bow really is I suppose. I haven't seen it in action so i don't know. Any chance of a video from anyone using dragon arrows?

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

The only question hohto is if the thing is the bow actually any good. Drop rates and the waste of prayer pots are more or less imaterial.

With this special and hitting 2 arrows at once, there's no doubt what is the best bow out there. Add that to high gen store price (protect item) and you get a perfect range pkin toy.

Also the cost of killing them isn't just immaterial. They aren't fun to kill, killing them cost and they only got 1 drop which we'd hunt. Before bows they were empty and if the bows drop under the whip price, they will be empty again.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Well, I would like to here from some people who use this bow a good amount (I'm currently browsing rs tank range pure forums etc trying to find someone) to find out if it is worth the investment. I figure in a month it will be no less then 4-5mil and I think that in a week or so the prices might go up because right now a ton of people are trying to get them, and later on some of these people are going to get tired of it when its not the best money maker.

Getting another sig

[removed]

Dark bow

Descent of Darkness

Inflicts up to 30% more damage.

Descent of Dragons

When using dragon arrows, inflicts up to 50% more damage.

Both attacks will always hit.

that means it can k0 anyone if you get extremely lucky with specs? (58-58)

I've seen a 31, 62-62 anyone?

This weapon will be nerfed, it just has it written all over it.

This is a range staker's dream.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

With this special and hitting 2 arrows at once, there's no doubt what is the best bow out there. Add that to high gen store price (protect item) and you get a perfect range pkin toy.

Also the cost of killing them isn't just immaterial. They aren't fun to kill, killing them cost and they only got 1 drop which we'd hunt. Before bows they were empty and if the bows drop under the whip price, they will be empty again.

The value for the Dark Bow will not stay high just because it is the best Pking weapon. Whips are still expensive because it is also the best training option which is not necessarily true of the Dark Bow. If you were to just be using the weapon for training then youd be shelling out a few million gp just for about 30 extra range bonus since the Dark Bow is about twice as slow as MSB.

LordFan21.pngHilordfan.jpgZ0mg look im so kool even mods tok to me.

hohto is trying awfully hard to prove the rarity and the efficency of this bow. whether its true or not..... hes just trying to raise those dark bow prices :twisted:

I already made 50m from mine before this thread was posted. I'm pointing out the facts and trying to explain people why this bow doesn't fall to what they dream of. Not to mention my bank's worth so much (not just in raw cash) that I couldn't care less in a long run if the bow price was 1m here or there.

The value for the Dark Bow will not stay high just because it is the best Pking weapon. Whips are still expensive because it is also the best training option which is not necessarily true of the Dark Bow. If you were to just be using the weapon for training then youd be shelling out a few million gp just for about 30 extra range bonus since the Dark Bow is about twice as slow as MSB.

When you look at its speed, you forget that it shoots two arrows at once. Add that to the fact that it's stronger than msb and you get the reason why it's better even in training than msb. The doubleshot and extra power are worth the slower shot time xp wise + the ability to ko anyone from over 50% hp makes it a dream to pkers, especially mid-leveled archers.

signaturehoh.jpg

Remember it shoots 2 at a time, so it evens out.

Also, with that special and the two at a time hitting and dragon arrows, we have the most powerful weapon in the game.

Lets assume the absolute max hit is 33(potted and praying) so that would be 33-33 in a hit. But with the special, it is possible to be 49-49, and the exact number is 49.5 so it may be 50-50, a ko for anyone without a sara brew.

If these get cheap, it will change pking completely, and staking is already changing.

One good thing, if i ever get my hands on one those abyss pkers will oh so regret it...

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Heh bro i said more or less, not completely immaterial. Prices will stabilaze in the end according to fun factor, cost per kill factor etc... There is no doubt about that. But in the first week ( or day of the update) this things mean nothing.

The only thing what matters is how good the bow is. Ill gladly take your word on it that its the best range weapon. But we all know how little that really means. To determinate that the following question should be answered:

-What is the exact speed of dark bow compared to msb

-Does dark bow "inflict" 30% more ( with rune) and 50% more damage only with special attacks

-how much harder do dragon arrows hit then rune arrows on "non-special attacks" shots

-how much of a special bar does one special attack take

When you look at its speed, you forget that it shoots two arrows at once. Add that to the fact that it's stronger than msb and you get the reason why it's better even in training than msb. The doubleshot and extra power are worth the slower shot time xp wise + the ability to ko anyone from over 50% hp makes it a dream to pkers, especially mid-leveled archers.

If the Dark Bow takes twice as long as the MSB which is what im seeing from a vid that was posted then it ends up being the same. You would shoot twice with the MSB with every 1 shot for the Dark Bow. It is not more powerful than a MSB unless you plan on using dragon arrows which would be for pking only. It is really no more effective for range training as range bonuses are already so high from black d'hide and archers helms, etc.

To my "surprise" the first rants about the dark bow already occurred. Someone saying it's too slow and (obviously) someone who things it's too hard to get one/ -.-

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

If the Dark Bow takes twice as long as the MSB which is what im seeing from a vid that was posted then it ends up being the same. You would shoot twice with the MSB with every 1 shot for the Dark Bow. It is not more powerful than a MSB unless you plan on using dragon arrows which would be for pking only. It is really no more effective for range training as range bonuses are already so high from black d'hide and archers helms, etc.

Lord ur forgeting that u still keep 95 range bonus compared to 62 of msb. So it is a better weapon, no doubt ( if it is 2 times slower then msb and not even slower then that)

-What is the exact speed of dark bow compared to msb

Slower, but not so much that the doubleshot wouldn't make it worth to use. Even if it it takes 3mbs shoots to shoot 2 with dark bow, the dark bow has shot more arrows. Add that to the fact that it's stronger and you get a good item for range training.

-Does dark bow "inflict" 30% more ( with rune) and 50% more damage only with special attacks

This means it hits 30%/50% more with specials than on normal.

-how much harder do dragon arrows hit then rune arrows on "non-special attacks" shots

Even with rune arrows and without spec it's better than MSB. Dragon arrows are a good extra for pkers and stakers, the bow itself works well for training too.

signaturehoh.jpg

Lord ur forgeting that u still keep 95 range bonus compared to 62 of msb. So it is a better weapon, no doubt ( if it is 2 times slower then msb and not even slower then that)

Right but when you wear other stuff it would be about 150 vs 183 range bonus. Is that better? Sure. But it's definitely not 10M better just for everyday training and im not entirely sure that it is 2M better.

I have no problem with people paying for it for whatever reasons that they wish and i have no problem with Lvl 90 slayers trying to get as much as they can for the bow. But i probably wont be buying one as id rather use a Cbow which hits higher and i dont need to pick up the arrows.

Ok so this is what i gathered from now / if info is objective

Benefits of Dark bow compared to mage short bow:

-same speed

+32 range attack

- dragon arrows ( still no info on how much harder they hit then rune)

+a different special ( mage short shoots two arrows at spec, dark bow shoots harder on spec shot- im talking relativly here)- still no info on how much spec bar it takes

Right but when you wear other stuff it would be about 150 vs 183 range bonus. Is that better? Sure. But it's definitely not 10M better just for everyday training and im not entirely sure that it is 2M better.

The saved time might be worth it, tho. 10m extra investment isn't much when you compare it to what people use on red chinchompas for example.

signaturehoh.jpg