facts about dark bow

hohto

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-What is the exact speed of dark bow compared to msb

Slower, but not so much that the doubleshot wouldn't make it worth to use. Even if it it takes 3mbs shoots to shoot 2 with dark bow, the dark bow has shot more arrows. Add that to the fact that it's stronger and you get a good item for range training.

Hoh if that is correct, if msb is not 2x faster but only 1.5x faster then this is a huge difference. Can someone else do some real research on the speed and confirm what hohto said.

To my dear Lord :D , ppl are silly enough to pay 1.2m for +4 range attack, so if im mean and bias and look at this purely mathematically the bow should be worth 9,6m on that alone ( if we balance the +4 range def with other benefits the dark bow offers).

edit: gonna check the speed now- the speed is all what matters here imo rite now

Lord you do some dks as well dont you? Just the profits ud get from higher kill count hybriding at dks would justify an investment in a week or so after the hype cools down.

Right but when you wear other stuff it would be about 150 vs 183 range bonus. Is that better? Sure. But it's definitely not 10M better just for everyday training and im not entirely sure that it is 2M better.

The saved time might be worth it, tho. 10m extra investment isn't much when you compare it to what people use on red chinchompas for example.

That is also true, but more important is that you can train range with it by buying the DB, kill like you desire, and sell the bow again. So if you handle it that way, it doesn't matter how much it cost. Except if you don't own enough money for the initial price ofcourse.

And this also can't be done untill the prices are stabilized. Well, it can, but it will cost you.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

For the person who wanted the Dark Bow examine info:

darkbow2uy0.png

Sold that bow 6.1m :D.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

still no info on how much spec bar it takes
It takes 50% of the spec bar... It's posted more than once in this topic and it's in the KB ;)

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

As far as staking and pk'ing go, wouldn't this bow be worth it just to spec twice and switch to drag darts or msb right after? 30+30 spec, then to quicker shots seems like a nice combo or at least a big food waster for your opponent

As far as staking and pk'ing go, wouldn't this bow be worth it just to spec twice and switch to drag darts or msb right after? 30+30 spec, then to quicker shots seems like a nice combo or at least a big food waster for your opponent

wouldn't you want to use the spec to KO? Anyway, drag darts sound more plausible than switching to msb, since you'll have to switch to rune arrows as well.

phata_elise.png

Lord ur forgeting that u still keep 95 range bonus compared to 62 of msb. So it is a better weapon, no doubt ( if it is 2 times slower then msb and not even slower then that)

Right but when you wear other stuff it would be about 150 vs 183 range bonus. Is that better? Sure. But it's definitely not 10M better just for everyday training and im not entirely sure that it is 2M better.

I have no problem with people paying for it for whatever reasons that they wish and i have no problem with Lvl 90 slayers trying to get as much as they can for the bow. But i probably wont be buying one as id rather use a Cbow which hits higher and i dont need to pick up the arrows.

i think you're forgetting that there is like a + 10 difference between a d scimmy and an abby whip but thats still a big difference....

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

It's looking like the best range update for a long time, no wonder dozens of whiny, spoiled little mages are ranting about how it needs to be nerfed... -.- :wall:

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Lord ur forgeting that u still keep 95 range bonus compared to 62 of msb. So it is a better weapon, no doubt ( if it is 2 times slower then msb and not even slower then that)

I have no problem with people paying for it for whatever reasons that they wish and i have no problem with Lvl 90 slayers trying to get as much as they can for the bow. But i probably wont be buying one as id rather use a Cbow which hits higher and i dont need to pick up the arrows.

Remind me how much people pay for robins, considering they only give +2 more range boost than a 60k archer helm.

Remind me how much people pay for robins, considering they only give +2 more range boost than a 60k archer helm.

An archer ring was a much better example to give. Robins are quite a rare item to get. It's price is dictated very much by the fact that people like it for its looks and there is a fairy tight supply of them. There will be people killing Dark Beasts in every world for the next few weeks which will bring a constant supply of Dark Bows into the game. Yet Robin Hood hats are probably just as rare an item from a Lvl 3 clue as Dark Bows are from a Dark Beast but then you have to get your hands on a Lvl 3 clue to start with.

LordFan21.pngHilordfan.jpgZ0mg look im so kool even mods tok to me.

An archer ring was a much better example to give. Robins are quite a rare item to get. It's price is dictated very much by the fact that people like it for its looks and there is a fairy tight supply of them. There will be people killing Dark Beasts in every world for the next few weeks which will bring a constant supply of Dark Bows into the game. Yet Robin Hood hats are probably just as rare an item from a Lvl 3 clue as Dark Bows are from a Dark Beast but then you have to get your hands on a Lvl 3 clue to start with.

We got around 3k players who can get dark bows and around 500-600k who can get robins.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Hey,I'd rather be running around with a awesome looking dark bow (imo) then a green stick with a string attached.

Also the archer ring is the only range boost you can get in that slot, I think if you're comparing bow to bow you may as well compare helm to helm or something.

Anyway, the point still remains the dark bow is well worth it for that +30 odd range bonus above the msb.

We got around 3k players who can get dark bows and around 500-600k who can get robins.

While this is true there are probably 250-400 people active killing dark beasts trying to get the dark bow. I doubt that there are that many people constantly hunting lvl 3 clues in search for riches such as a Robin Hood hat or 3rd age. Clues are more of a passive part of the game that people do if they get one from their regular activities.

Also factor in how many robins there already are in the game.

Hey,I'd rather be running around with a awesome looking dark bow (imo) then a green stick with a string attached.

Also the archer ring is the only range boost you can get in that slot, I think if you're comparing bow to bow you may as well compare helm to helm or something.

Anyway, the point still remains the dark bow is well worth it for that +30 odd range bonus above the msb.

You can make the argument that a +30 range bonus is worth it, that's fine. I just dont think that the Robin is the best comparison.

A Robin is far rarer than an archer ring drop or a Dark Bow drop from what i have seen so far as far as people selling the bow on forums or World 2.

That's the point though. Robins have managed to hold their value despite having been out for over a year. (Of course this is partly due to its rarity). If the Dark Bow is a great weapon and revolutionary to range training then it too should be able to hold its value. But i think it will be closer to an Archer ring which while it is attainable by a much more limited player base it will fall rapidly as it is a fairly common drop.

Anyways we should probably just agree to disagree as we've drawn this thread off-topic.

That's the point though. Robins have managed to hold their value despite having been out for over a year. (Of course this is partly due to its rarity). If the Dark Bow is a great weapon and revolutionary to range training then it too should be able to hold its value. But i think it will be closer to an Archer ring which while it is attainable by a much more limited player base it will fall rapidly as it is a fairly common drop.

I'm not sure, nobody really certain of how rare or common a drop they are, or how useful they are. How long did it take for people to realise how useful veracs was for the kq?

I'm not even going to bother guessing the bow's price because Runescape has a pretty topsy turvy economy at times, but I'd be surprised if the bow wasn't pretty expensive when it stabalises.

Edit: I'll agree on agreeing to disagree *deep breath*

My views after reading the whole topic are... *sucks a strawberry sherbert*

Dark bow will be better for training considering it's not twice as slow as a msb and hits two arrows at a time. It contains a better plus bonus by far anyway.

I believe it will stabalise around the 4m mark.

however i don't know if i will even buy one.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

the bow shoots two arrows but the speed compares to a 2h weapon. its slightly better then the shortbow, its great for training, and its capable of dragon arrows which adds a great opportunity for range stakers.

anyways, heres my bow. going to buy some dragon arrows!

darkbowel0.png