facts about dark bow

hohto

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now at least its like giving MSB 2 spec..

use MSB spec swictch to Dbow and 2 shots fired

old times

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

To give you a little idea about the amount of whiners (AKA, dumb people who totally haven't experienced it themselves yet.):

screenshot018mw4.jpg

The price also seems to go to 10 mil already. That's pretty low if you consider how most new items have a very big peek at the beginning.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Actually looks like a decent range weapon. I pray to god Jagex don't nerf it or i may cry.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

still no info on how much spec bar it takes
It takes 50% of the spec bar... It's posted more than once in this topic and it's in the KB ;)

thx :)

show me the kb proof... cant find it...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

HHmmmmmmmmm.....Now where have I seen an uber weapon like this come? hmm......

And guess what happened to it.

Sorry, but this bow is owned. The noobs will complain any time. Could be tomorrow, could be next week, but it W I L L happen. And it could become worse then the MSB possible. Be expecting it.

Working on this sig.....

I have been playing around with the Dark Bow, and I have done some testing, here are the results:

Verified Facts About the Dark Bow

With both bows on rapid, a Dark Bow will make 2 shots for every 5 shots a Magic Short Bow makes. This calculates out to 4 Dark Bow arrows for every 5 Magic Short Bow arrows.

The special attack of the Dark Bow drains 55% of the Special Attack bar.

A max hit IS possible, albeit rare. Additionally, the special attack *can* raise your maximum hit.

DarkBowMax.png

My normal maximum hit with rune arrows (which I was using in that picture), is a 13, not a 14.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

From Saidinwots Test, the only thing about the Dark Bow is that it has a +95 ranged bonus and it has a good damaging spec and thus good for a KO.

BUT:

Anything else BUT using it for a KO, the Dark Bow is trash, because its damage output overtime is 20% less than that of Msb, and Msb isnt the highest damage output ranged weapon either (Rune Knives and Chimps beats it to death). Because of this, Dark Bow is probably the FIRST weapon in the entire history of the game that is designed as a PK'ing weapon, NOT a training/PK weapon

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

From Saidinwots Test, the only thing about the Dark Bow is that it has a +95 ranged bonus and it has a good damaging spec and thus good for a KO.

BUT:

Anything else BUT using it for a KO, the Dark Bow is trash, because its damage output overtime is 20% less than that of Msb, and Msb isnt the highest damage output ranged weapon either (Rune Knives and Chimps beats it to death). Because of this, Dark Bow is probably the FIRST weapon in the entire history of the game that is designed as a PK'ing weapon, NOT a training/PK weapon

So dragon darts + dark bow final spec = ownage

Oh and about the dragons and high level monster killing. I wonder if the dark bow will be seen at the Dagannoth Kings.

great.

so now the rich get ANOTHER advantage to staking.

you can make just as much money staking no armour with a dds as mage/range staking with dark bow or full ahrims and barrages, to be honest, dark bows will be about 2m soon and thats hardly rich and if you think it is rich...you need to get some money

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Once again theyve made an awsome weapon that I cant get... my slayer will never be 90 :cry:

Just wait a few days for the price to go down and buy one, no need to get 90 slayer

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

100% this will get nerfed. Jagex seems to like screwing us over. They release a decent update and decide to listen to the rants board..

Bow looks pretty sweet. Gratz to the first players who got them. That's like finding a 2 santa hat's on the ground.

Quit RuneScape :)

Guest Lue_Dogs

but what if jagex does not nerf it? everyone thinks they will, but what if they dont? exactly great weapon. id probably pay a mil for the bow rite now and not sell it even for 50m sounds good kind of want 1.

Just because its slow doesnt mean its a bad thing.... it just means when training you will use less arrows and while pking you will have better burst damage, wich is exactly what rangers need.

And the insane range bonus it gives DOES make a HUGE difference, because now you can tank range with it better. This means you can wear melee armor and still get good accuracy out of it! this is a perfect range update.