• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ouchy

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

A +32 range bonus will not make a HUGE difference. It will make a small difference as when you train you are already wearing Dhides, gloves, Archer/Ranger set, etc.

This bow is even slower than i first predicted and that is not good for people who want to train with it. People have always preferred speed over accuracy. (Virtually all rangers train on rapid as opposed to accurate style). I just dont see how this would be a good "investment" as far as training would go. Sure it will be good for pking or staking but if its not a good training weapon the price just cant stay above 1 or 2 Mil unless the drop rates get drastically lowered.

The accuracy bonus on a bow also affects how strong the arrows hit. The dark bow is slow, but it gives double hits which make it roughly .2 seconds slower than the MSB. It's more powerful, more accurate, and has a better special than the MSB. It'll definitely be useful training, and so far has impressed me completely.

I was almost certain that this bow was going to be terrible when they announced it, but seriously color me impressed.

4rbm3b5.gif

:shock:

Now i can watch it in 2 diff boxes!!!

That's amazing, hooray for melee!

hes only 78 range... :-k

So we're saying 99 strength versus 78 range comparison ? doesn't look like an argument to say melee still owns range lol. Even though I'm sure it still does.

But to muidumees699:

Nope, I'm not a melee guy, I'm a mage

who just undestand that some ranger noob(99ranger 44 prey )can k o you in wild.Hey melees have 4 dds spects

You mean, who doesn't understand ? And yes, I understand KOing, I encourage KOing, but seriously no weapon ingame should be able to 1 hit people with 80hp :S That's just idiotic, I can imagine the people with whip protecting item 24/7 now because a ranger could come out and 1 hit them before they knew that someone even wanted to fight them....

We haven't seen is it good for pking but you already start to complain.

You mean, if it is good for pking? and yes, I have seen that, I saw a guy lose his whip in 2 dark bow attacks before he even had the time to drink his pots....

The accuracy bonus on a bow also affects how strong the arrows hit. It's more powerful, more accurate, and has a better special than the MSB.

Range bonus does not affect max hit. It is only more powerful if you plan on using dragon arrows. (The spec for the other arrows hit 30% higher at the same drain as MSB but is countered by the fact that the MSB spec hits twice).

It is a decent choice for training but you cannot say it is superior simply because it is more accurate as players have shown that they prefer speed over accuracy.

LordFan21.pngHilordfan.jpgZ0mg look im so kool even mods tok to me.

dont forget how slow it is :)

I got one after bout my 25th dark beast im gonna hang onto it

i wouldnt, theyll be about a mil in a week, the only item i know thats ever come out and stayed a high price has been 3rd age and thats because it was and still is extremely rare and hard to get

For the first week they'll have higher drop rates to get them into the game, then they will drop them. They will NOT be 1m in a week, nowhere near that, I'd say maybe 10m in a week (Rough fairly LOWEST estimate) if it sold 50-60m already, it will hardly drop considering there aren't a load of 90+ slayers out there because mostly everyone stops at 85 (now it will be 90) and it takes a bit of time to get 5 levels at 85 might I add.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Yeah so i think the saying "Beggars can't be choosers" comes into play. Alot of people have been complaining for along time that range needs a new bow. And they get one that can fire 2 arrows at a time and that can possibly hit 50+ in a single shot and what do they do.....they complain......now does anyone else see a problem with this.

Rubber chicken, you're the one,

who makes Runescape, so much fun!

Would be fun if jagex brought in biological warfare... Or even Tesla coils.

I like to eat cake while excruciating!

So we're saying 99 strength versus 78 range comparison ? doesn't look like an argument to say melee still owns range lol. Even though I'm sure it still does.

But to muidumees699:

who just undestand that some ranger noob(99ranger 44 prey )can k o you in wild.Hey melees have 4 dds spects

You mean, who doesn't understand ? And yes, I understand KOing, I encourage KOing, but seriously no weapon ingame should be able to 1 hit people with 80hp :S That's just idiotic, I can imagine the people with whip protecting item 24/7 now because a ranger could come out and 1 hit them before they knew that someone even wanted to fight them....

I'm sorry, but as you being a mage doesn't that make you a little biased here? Especially now that range actually stands a chance against mage (Who they are supposed to have an advantage over anyways).

Jagex are going to nref it because of all the little, whiney melee pures and mages.

Z0MG! N0w w3 c4nt 0wn d4 4rch3r in wildy n0wz! J4g3x n3rf this 0r i g0nn4 quit!

J4g3x! N3rf d4 d4rk b0w n0w cuz i c4nt pwn r4ng3r5 4nym0r3!

Pretty much exactly whats going on here. You're either with the Dark Bow or you're not. I'm with the Dark Bow. It's only fair that range finally got a decent update and what is Jagex going to do? Nerf it. Jagex needs to stop listening to the little kids over there in the rants section. One day it's "Range is underpowered!" and the next it's "Range is overpowered now because of the Dark Bow/Dragon Darts!". Jagex needs to just leave things as they are.

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

But to muidumees699:

I'm sorry, but as you being a mage doesn't that make you a little biased here? Especially now that range actually stands a chance against mage (Who they are supposed to have an advantage over anyways).

Jagex are going to nref it because of all the little, whiney melee pures and mages.

Z0MG! N0w w3 c4nt 0wn d4 4rch3r in wildy n0wz! J4g3x n3rf this 0r i g0nn4 quit!

J4g3x! N3rf d4 d4rk b0w n0w cuz i c4nt pwn r4ng3r5 4nym0r3!

Pretty much exactly whats going on here. You're either with the Dark Bow or you're not. I'm with the Dark Bow. It's only fair that range finally got a decent update and what is Jagex going to do? Nerf it. Jagex needs to stop listening to the little kids over there in the rants section. One day it's "Range is underpowered!" and the next it's "Range is overpowered now because of the Dark Bow/Dragon Darts!". Jagex needs to just leave things as they are.

+1

Honestly, I don't see why people are complaining. People say you shouldn't be able to KO in one hit, but look at melee'ers. With four specs able to hit 30+, why don't they complain about that?

hatewn1.png

Honestly, I don't see why people are complaining. People say you shouldn't be able to KO in one hit, but look at melee'ers. With four specs able to hit 30+, why don't they complain about that?

Exactly. Dragon Daggers are VERY accurate on special, as well. This is virtually Dharoks for ranged. Costs about the same (it will when people decide to start pking with it). It's slow enough that the opponent will be able to eat enough by the time they are able to hit again. Plus, I'm pretty sure the bow is fairly innacurate; at least when it comes to hitting 25+.

Proud owner of a Fire Cape, achieved on the 24th of August, 2006.

Feel free to PM me in game, RSN is Dlewa0.

3,849th Account to 99 Range. :)

PS

This is A LOT better than dharoks for melee guys. The fact that the special attack ALWAYS hit makes you unable to defend agenst it. When facing dahroks you can defend yourself by casting ice barrage or entangle, making your oppenement freeze and unable to get close enoughf for an attack. If you are melee you can use good armor to make him fail to hit you.

However, now with this dark bow that ALWAYS hit when you use your special, all you need is three friends with the bow, and a multi combat zone and you will have a chance better than 70% at making a KO agenst a 99hp guy. Even if he is using full granite or full guthans. As ranged defence dont have anything to say.

He wont have time to pot, he wont have time to eat, he wont have time to pray.

The spec will probably get nerfed. Not nerfing max damage, but nerfing the fact that it cant miss.. Ever...

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

correct me if I'm wrong (because i am stupid) but now with the bow and d-arrows, your regular max hit should be about 30? And special with bow makes damage +50% so you can hit about 45+45? so thats like 90 damage! :o this thing owns..

sanjeet53cu.gif

Well, it took me 12 hours to get (I think it's the longest I've ever been on Rs in one day), but here it is

52xus8o.jpg

538jnra.jpg

Sorry about the cropping on the first pic, I'll try and replace that soon

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Melee is still superior to range, as it should be. Mages on the other hand will get owned by rangers. Triangle is restored.

4rbm3b5.gif

THis was a horrible horrible comparison.

If you only take into account the 78 range look at it this way.

a lvl 108 ranger should have 99 def 99 hp 99 range and about 80+ prayer

IF you disagree type that into a combat calc with 74 att 74 str.

THe ranger was actually a melee pure, that prolly just bought the bow for fun. He was also a prayer newbie, which suggests he is also likely unexperienced pker. Or atleast an un experienced range pker.

Excuisador 90 att 46 def 99 str @ 100.89cb

Ar--edhel 84 def 85 hp 93 range 92 magic @93

FarCry - retired

Ar-edhel 99 att 99 str 99 hp 99 range 97 magic @117