Dark Bow not as common as you think?

n64jive

There are price manipulators and there were since the update this morning.

Not that I believe the low levels where smart enough to organize such a thing but its just a bunch of people who believe they are entitled to the weapon at a low price and lowball the price to get one.

Once the accepted price gets too low the campers will give up and move on in their training/ more guaranteed profits.

Another thing which made it go down faster is that there are a good deal of "pie noob" 85-89 slayers camping there with different levels of success and are very happy with a 5-6 M profit and sell lower when they fear the item is crashing.

But people thinking that they are a common/not unique dropare people spinning their yarn in hopes of getting one cheaply.

My luck has been ok today with them but many people in my guild spent all day there with nothing. They are as rare as a whip, and without a years time behind them, its a shame that the market on a whole is not allowing for a respectable price based off its rarity.

I plan to stockpile the next 5 or so I get and see what happens. If they prove to be rare, the price will go up. If they keep dropping to nothing then it will be true that they are common. To just blindly sell low is helping the price drop and won't help any one.

The dark bows drop rate is the same as a whips.

Good post, and seeing as most people have now quit slaying the price will have to go up when all the manipulation stops. I will try to get a few of them aswell and not sell unless i get a respectable price.

Good post(s) indeed. I was quite annoyed by all this price manipulation and other nonsense on the forums and intended to write something like this myself. However, all is said here. I wil stock bows too and only sell for respectable price..Hope more ~90+slayers have some patience....

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the 90+ slayer friends I have spoken to have said the drop rate is much higher than a whip, more like 1 in every 2-3 hours. It's not just the noobs that are trying to manipulate the price. :wink:

I think the fact that they are 5-6m after less than 24 hours says it all. Supply and demand, it's that simple.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

I see people saying that the whip's, dragon scimitar's and magic short bow's special attacks got nerfed. I haven't know this, so could someone tell me how they were before? (I do know what they are now)

wtf

I spent about 10-11 hours at the Dark Beasts yesterday. I killed about 400 and got 2 Dark Bows. I sold the first one for 6.1m because of stupid manipulators making me think it was a good price. I was also scared of the price crashing way further. The second one was sold for 7.1m.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

All the 90+ slayer friends I have spoken to have said the drop rate is much higher than a whip, more like 1 in every 2-3 hours. It's not just the noobs that are trying to manipulate the price. :wink:

I think the fact that they are 5-6m after less than 24 hours says it all. Supply and demand, it's that simple.

Well I don't know about the drop rate for sure. One of my friends killed Dark Beasts for more than 3 hours and gave up. :?

But as for the "supply and demand", I don't think it's working like that. There are very little bows, and everyone wants them. However, no one (or nearly no one) is paying a decent price for them. I saw many (actually, majority) threads offering 50k -.- - 3m yesterday. Whenever the slayer stepped down their price to sell the bow faster, the people's offers would just go down. When I looked at a seller's thread, he was selling for 6m, and only a handful of offers were there, proving that most people rather just push the price down further and quicker to get their hands on a cheap bow.

I've gotten 400k strength xp at beasts now (10 hours~), with one bow drop and someone i'm killign with has had one in 17 hours. Another just got 2 within the last 1.5 hours, and hadn't had any for 4 hours previously. They're like any rare drop in this game, random ;)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Not that I believe the low levels where smart enough to organize such a thing but its just a bunch of people who believe they are entitled to the weapon at a low price and lowball the price to get one.

Once the accepted price gets too low the campers will give up and move on in their training/ more guaranteed profits.

Another thing which made it go down faster is that there are a good deal of "pie noob" 85-89 slayers camping there with different levels of success and are very happy with a 5-6 M profit and sell lower when they fear the item is crashing.

But people thinking that they are a common/not unique dropare people spinning their yarn in hopes of getting one cheaply.

My luck has been ok today with them but many people in my guild spent all day there with nothing. They are as rare as a whip, and without a years time behind them, its a shame that the market on a whole is not allowing for a respectable price based off its rarity.

I plan to stockpile the next 5 or so I get and see what happens. If they prove to be rare, the price will go up. If they keep dropping to nothing then it will be true that they are common. To just blindly sell low is helping the price drop and won't help any one.

AMEN to that. Finally SOMEONE knows what the hell he's talking about.

Noble_Skull.gif

Proud member of The Slayer's Guild

More than half the people selling the bows refused to trade me and just kept spamming the low price they wanted...which is proof enough to me that people are just influencing the market by lieing and pretending to sell an item they don't have to lower prices.

Which is kind of like scamming IMO.

The price won't drop as low as people think, honestly I see the price going UP.

I think its funny that everybody talks "all i know is its getting nerfed"

You know nothing at all, you speculate because you have no idea what the bow is based around, that is the whole usefullness of the bow, and just because its guaranteed to hit on spec, sometime it can hit like 8 8...which wahoo how OP...takes luck to hit the BIG numbers on both arrows of the spec.

um yea it will get nerfed, can you say dragon scimmy, i mean abby whip, no wait i mean mage short bow, dah! i mean maul, wait which one is it? oh yea all of em :wall:

You forgot Anchor.

Well I don't know about the drop rate for sure. One of my friends killed Dark Beasts for more than 3 hours and gave up. :?

But as for the "supply and demand", I don't think it's working like that. There are very little bows, and everyone wants them. However, no one (or nearly no one) is paying a decent price for them. I saw many (actually, majority) threads offering 50k -.- - 3m yesterday. Whenever the slayer stepped down their price to sell the bow faster, the people's offers would just go down. When I looked at a seller's thread, he was selling for 6m, and only a handful of offers were there, proving that most people rather just push the price down further and quicker to get their hands on a cheap bow.

Yeah most threads on the official forums are just for price manipulation. But that doesn't effect the genuine demand for the bows. If you look past that and speak to people who are actually buying and selling the bows they are definitely below 5m now. I just went into edge bank on my homeworld and I saw a guy I knew fairly well (who is 90 slayer) standing there trying to sell his bow for 4.3m, with no takers.

Personally I don't think the people saying "buying dark bow 500k" are having any effect on the price. I just think there is a high supply of the item.

I've gotten 400k strength xp at beasts now (10 hours~), with one bow drop and someone i'm killign with has had one in 17 hours. Another just got 2 within the last 1.5 hours, and hadn't had any for 4 hours previously. They're like any rare drop in this game, random ;)

Of course it's random, that's an average figure. :P

I spoke to 7 people who have been "no lifing it" for about 20 hours now. I admit that's not enough time to compile a meaningful average but 140 hours of gameplay does give you some idea of how rare the thing is. Again, this is backed up by the 4m price.

The point is, it is not nearly as rare as some of the 90+ slayers are desperately trying (and failing) to impress upon people. :P I can't say I blame them for trying to maximise their profits but it's a bit hypocritical for them to critcise noobs for trying to manipulate the prices also. :wink:

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Well from what I heard, in the first hour many people got one. But last night I had about 6 friends killing them with me. One person was there 15 hours with no bow, another got one after 2 hours and then nothing for the next 8. I got mine after 7 hours and the other 4 friends didnt get one at all. This definitly is not a common drop.

yea you just confused me, but im saying the chances of it being nerfed is about 60-70 percent i think

Do you not realize that you can't give a percentage that something will get nerfed, because you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what jagex plans?

People get annoying when they think they know everything and base it on speculations of past jagex decisions on different things...all to seemingly inadvertantly put down rangers.

user1-dark.png

As i posted on TSG boards.

Seriously lol, i wish that the estimates coming from people with 60 slayer were correct. Unfortunately they don't come even close. Since the update i have gotten two bows (Got lucky), while some people who have been here the whole time haven't got a single one.

So yeah, it's like blind person saying what wonderful colors the rainbow has.

mhd7k3.jpg

Not surprisingly, AMJ's post was right on the money. This is a rare drop (I'm at 1 drop in 12 hours). Even if the drop rate is the same as a whip, you have to take into account that dark beasts are 50% slower to kill (i.e., 220 hp vs 150 for Abbys), meaning that the bows are going to enter the economy much slower than whips.

Because of the low drop rate, and rapidly dropping price, the Light Path is clearing out. Very few people are down here (about 1 person for every 2 beasts, compared to the 2 for every beast I was seeing yesterday). This means that bows will not be flooding the market over the next couple of weeks.

As I personally like the bows a lot, the next drop I get, I'm keeping. I have no interest in selling this bow for 5M, when it is as powerful as it is. Maybe that means a loss in profit for me. However, I honestly believe the market will come to recognize all the people "claiming" to be selling bows for 100k, or 1m aren't holding anything. When rangers try to buy this bow (because they will want it), they will find there aren't many to be purchased.

i have been telling people this for a while now, and that is that our economy is run by 12 year olds. unlike in reali life there is no documentation to prove what the supply is to merit any sort of demand. This allows for a select group to manipulate the prices and therefor control the econo :wall: my without reason.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing!

But yea, I have like 9 + 90 + Slayer friends. Only one (Killer3650) Got a bow... Or at least the others didn't tell me. -.-

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Yes the amount of people here is cut atleast half atm. I was here an hour ago whit just One more person.

I just want One bow. To pay for my Wild pie cooking (dam its boring) and pray pots. Then im off to slayer for 90slay (87atm).

I spent 10 hours at dark beast yesterday......

Also used cannon to kill them faster....went threw 5k c balls then stopped with cannon

Drop list:

1 D med

1 D spear

7 death tallys

3 full keys

didn't keep track of rune drops

0 bows

So from what I have got as drop....for me bow is rarer then a dragon drop

Also was using zerker ring

133rd to 91 runecrafting. 212th to 99 runecrafting - 145th to 99 construction

Whip drops: 38

Dark Bow drops: 12

Owner of fire cape: 7/30/06

dp_crazy.png

very good posts here

personally i allready stopped camping at dark beasts - the afford is way to high compared to the price - im back to slayer! (bloodvelds atm ;) )

This is exactly what I think that most high lvl slayers are going to do (I meen it as a complament). Once most of them go back to training etc and the people who have bows stop trying to sell them so much (aka train with them as a normall weapon) the bows will slowly start to rise. I think that this will eventually be somewhat like a whip. Not many people will camp there instead most people will only kill them as a slayer task. One thing that I feel Jagex failed to do this update was make it so that you have a higher chance of getting slayer items when doing a task. I think that this would also help out the price of bows and whips alot. Right now I think I might try to buy a bow and see if they do go up in price in a couple of weeks later.

Getting another sig

[removed]

I'm still trying to sell my bow and I am having problems selling it for the same price I bought it for...5m...anyway, The prices have seem to raise from last night when I was trying...last night I seen sellers for 3.5 and buyers for 2.3(most likely price manipulators)...and now they seem to be back up to around 4.5m-5m

w4M8t.png