Dark Bow not as common as you think?

n64jive

When I first read about the update, it seemed like everyone was getting dark bows like crazy. Could this have been a plot by a bunch of people to get bows to drop real fast? Did Jagex update the drop rate?

I am in no way trying to mess with prices, but all my clanmates on IRC who are 90 slayer are extremely mad right now because they have spent all day at dark beast and yet to get a dark bow.

Coincidence? You decide!

w4M8t.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been telling people this for a while now, and that is that our economy is run by 12 year olds. unlike in reali life there is no documentation to prove what the supply is to merit any sort of demand. This allows for a select group to manipulate the prices and therefor control the econo :wall: my without reason.

Flash130.png

who knows, ill i know is that it will be nerfed and go down way more in price.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

i have been telling people this for a while now, and that is that our economy is run by 12 year olds. unlike in reali life there is no documentation to prove what the supply is to merit any sort of demand. This allows for a select group to manipulate the prices and therefor control the econo :wall: my without reason.

Who cares about the economy? It's not about the comparison prices, is about the people who will allow to buy and will allow to sale their dark bows, it's not like just because somewhere else someone sells it for 1gp I'm going to do the same to my clients. The economy balances itself no matter how hard you try to change it

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

I bought one because I thought they look cool, and I also think that it is awesome...sure it has a slow rate of fire, but popping off double hits is insane, plus the special..guaranteeing to hit...pretty awesome

w4M8t.png

More than half the people selling the bows refused to trade me and just kept spamming the low price they wanted...which is proof enough to me that people are just influencing the market by lieing and pretending to sell an item they don't have to lower prices.

Which is kind of like scamming IMO.

The price won't drop as low as people think, honestly I see the price going UP.

I think its funny that everybody talks "all i know is its getting nerfed"

You know nothing at all, you speculate because you have no idea what the bow is based around, that is the whole usefullness of the bow, and just because its guaranteed to hit on spec, sometime it can hit like 8 8...which wahoo how OP...takes luck to hit the BIG numbers on both arrows of the spec.

user1-dark.png

More than half the people selling the bows refused to trade me and just kept spamming the low price they wanted...which is proof enough to me that people are just influencing the market by lieing and pretending to sell an item they don't have to lower prices.

You know nothing at all, you speculate because you have no idea what the bow is based around, that is the whole usefullness of the bow, and just because its guaranteed to hit on spec, sometime it can hit like 8 8...which wahoo how OP...takes luck to hit the BIG numbers on both arrows of the spec.

um yea it will get nerfed, can you say dragon scimmy, i mean abby whip, no wait i mean mage short bow, dah! i mean maul, wait which one is it? oh yea all of em :wall:

um yea it will get nerfed, can you say dragon scimmy, i mean abby whip, no wait i mean mage short bow, dah! i mean maul, wait which one is it? oh yea all of em :wall:

The point is that they think it gets nerfed because they assume and speculate based on probability which is just stupid. All of the above had an arbitrary nerfing so the effects were all clearly shown. Besides, this isn't about those other weapons and whether or not they deserved to be nerfed this is about whether or not the dark bow has ben nerfed.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

yea you just confused me, but im saying the chances of it being nerfed is about 60-70 percent i think

I just see the dark bow as the new whip when it comes to its pricing. But once the drop rate of a dark bow is figured out, who really knows what the future of the dark bows pricing is going to be or how high the demand for one is going to be.

tFtfA.jpg

How can the results of price manipulation have anything to do with the drop rate.

Please don't make such false conclusions and confuse our user base.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

the bows are on there way to 3 millions. its dropping down heavily. so i suggest that bows can be concluded as a semi rare drop.

thats a relief for me. wont have to spend so much now.

Popoto.~<3

the bows are on there way to 3 millions. its dropping down heavily. so i suggest that bows can be concluded as a semi rare drop.

It would be good for the bow to be a semi-rare drop. They could possibly drop to under 2m because 90+ slayers can get a couple by the time they get a whip, unless whips are semi-rare, too.

hatewn1.png

i cant understand how the bows can still be lowering in price even though 80% of the people have quit killing the beasts. The droprate of the dark bow seems the same as whip droprate- 1/600 as most people need atleast 5-6 hours to get one.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

There are price manipulators and there were since the update this morning.

Not that I believe the low levels where smart enough to organize such a thing but its just a bunch of people who believe they are entitled to the weapon at a low price and lowball the price to get one.

Once the accepted price gets too low the campers will give up and move on in their training/ more guaranteed profits.

Another thing which made it go down faster is that there are a good deal of "pie noob" 85-89 slayers camping there with different levels of success and are very happy with a 5-6 M profit and sell lower when they fear the item is crashing.

But people thinking that they are a common/not unique dropare people spinning their yarn in hopes of getting one cheaply.

My luck has been ok today with them but many people in my guild spent all day there with nothing. They are as rare as a whip, and without a years time behind them, its a shame that the market on a whole is not allowing for a respectable price based off its rarity.

I plan to stockpile the next 5 or so I get and see what happens. If they prove to be rare, the price will go up. If they keep dropping to nothing then it will be true that they are common. To just blindly sell low is helping the price drop and won't help any one.

The dark bows drop rate is the same as a whips.

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

they are definitely not a common drop. I have been killing them for nearly 18 hours straight without a single bow. I personally won't be selling a single bow for less than 10m because they are far too difficult to obtain.

fx2501111final1fo.jpg

I spent most of the day at the dark beasts and got " Zero" bows, people are complaining about how rare the drop is.

There were at least 2 people at the dark beasts who spent 7-13 hours there and got nothing. :ohnoes:

Few folks were saying that they believe Jagex nerfed the drop rate as of late today, but I

don't know how true that is. :-k I did get a drag half shield drop though and had a ball killing them. \'

queenvalerie.png

+1

Personly i think its goes for all slayer monster speciel drops.

And BTW, i am a pie noob and no, i wont go down on my knees for people to buy it if and when i get 1.

There are price manipulators and there were since the update this morning.

Not that I believe the low levels where smart enough to organize such a thing but its just a bunch of people who believe they are entitled to the weapon at a low price and lowball the price to get one.

Once the accepted price gets too low the campers will give up and move on in their training/ more guaranteed profits.

Another thing which made it go down faster is that there are a good deal of "pie noob" 85-89 slayers camping there with different levels of success and are very happy with a 5-6 M profit and sell lower when they fear the item is crashing.

But people thinking that they are a common/not unique dropare people spinning their yarn in hopes of getting one cheaply.

My luck has been ok today with them but many people in my guild spent all day there with nothing. They are as rare as a whip, and without a years time behind them, its a shame that the market on a whole is not allowing for a respectable price based off its rarity.

I plan to stockpile the next 5 or so I get and see what happens. If they prove to be rare, the price will go up. If they keep dropping to nothing then it will be true that they are common. To just blindly sell low is helping the price drop and won't help any one.

Good post, and seeing as most people have now quit slaying the price will have to go up when all the manipulation stops. I will try to get a few of them aswell and not sell unless i get a respectable price.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You forgot the anchor... :-w ::'

Anyway... I would stockpile any bows I'd get (provided I had another 15 or so slayer levels) to watch the hype die out. 60M for the first one sold is VERY nice of course, but I oity the fool who bought it... 60M -> 5M in like 1 day? whoops.... :notalk:

I don't care wheter it will be nerfed, because I won't get one as a drop within... like this year or so and Im not buying one for 10M because I'm cheap \' .

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...