DARK BOW NERFED! (?)

letterbomb05

hey, some of you know that I recently made a video of me testing the dark bow and hitting very high. Well, the next day we returned to make another video proving it could hit through armour, although we have been shocked. The dark bow was struggling to hit, mostly hitting 8,8 sometimes 15,8 etc although it did hit ONE 30. At first we thought it was my friends high defence but we we're in for a suprise. As i started testing it on lower levels it still wouldn't produce hits and continued hitting 8s and sometimes 20, with 1 more 30. By this time i was concerned and getting very irritated. I have screen pics and footage of the dark bow being, personally what i think is a nerfed bow, although jagex have not said anything so i cannot say it is *officialy* nerfed. I will post screen shots tomorow and maybe make a "nerfed bow" vid. :x :x

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. What are you talking about? :roll:

It has the same stats. Jagex didn't "nerf" it.

The great axe has both a high strength and high attack bonus, yet it does not hit consistently high like a weapon with those stats should. obviously they can manipulate it beyond the stats.

fishing.gif

hey, some of you know that I recently made a video of me testing the dark bow and hitting very high. Well, the next day we returned to make another video proving it could hit through armour, although we have been shocked. The dark bow was struggling to hit, mostly hitting 8,8 sometimes 15,8 etc although it did hit ONE 30. At first we thought it was my friends high defence but we we're in for a suprise. As i started testing it on lower levels it still wouldn't produce hits and continued hitting 8s and sometimes 20, with 1 more 30. By this time i was concerned and getting very irritated. I have screen pics and footage of the dark bow being, personally what i think is a nerfed bow, although jagex have not said anything so i cannot say it is *officialy* nerfed. I will post screen shots tomorow and maybe make a "nerfed bow" vid. :x :x

Perhaps you just disproved your theory?

LordFan21.pngHilordfan.jpgZ0mg look im so kool even mods tok to me.

If Jagex is going to nerf it, it will happen at next week's update. Anyway, 100% accuracy does not mean 100% high damage. You can hit double 1s for special and still it fulfills the criteria of the special (30/50% of 1 is still 1, no effect on the increased damage promised by the spec).

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

This happens a lot. i remember once a mage claimed magic was nerfed. everyone tested their magic. they focused mainly on how many splashes they had rather than how many successful hits they ahd and how good the hits were. mage was not nerfed, but panic was sent through the rants forum in RSOF. even after some j mods said mage was not nerfed, there were still complaints.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

would not surprise me if they did nerf if though.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

Having 99 attack or 1000+ slash bonus on a ultra whip would not help you hit high more often. It would just let you hit.

I don't understand why people think attack will increase your damage, or increase the chances of hitting high.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

My vote goes with muggi... I'd trust him; pretty respectable dude.

~Lunar

you got some brown on your nose there :wink:

OT: I dont see a change...

I'm going to let that one slide and hope you're just intoxicated or something of the sort for making such rude and unrooted comments. If you'd look at muggi's Range, you'd see it is 99. Pretty respectable. And he's respectable in my opinion.

Ok? Thanks. No more of that.

~Lunar

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Ok I have not used the Dark Bow yet, but Im gonna make an educated statement based on my many years of play.

- Jagex probably has been planning this for ages, working in privet servers and testing it in every possible way.

- I reminds me alot of the wip, it seems so good when it came out because no one had sceen anything like it, well duh.. :roll:

- I think jagex wont nerf it because it juse needs some time for people to except it for the weapon it is. In a year, they will be as common as the wip and no one will go "Omg I just hit a 30 amd a 25, this should have been nerfed!"

Srry guys, just don't think its gonna happen, jagex must have planned for this kind of update for ages

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

I'm going to let that one slide and hope you're just intoxicated or something of the sort for making such rude and unrooted comments. If you'd look at muggi's Range, you'd see it is 99. Pretty respectable. And he's respectable in my opinion.

Ok? Thanks. No more of that.

~Lunar

Haha. Seriously, lighten up. I know you used to be a mod once, but there's no reason to talk in that tone. Besides, it did sound rather suck-up-ish. No offense. It did.

imagesiw3.jpg

Haha. Seriously, lighten up. I know you used to be a mod once, but there's no reason to talk in that tone. Besides, it did sound rather suck-up-ish. No offense. It did.

Well I was in a rather pissy mood before hand and reading that just didn't help. My bad. And being a mod didn't have anything to do with it..

Anyways enough about that let this get back on topic.

I don't think that they'd nerf an item a whole day after it's been introduced. So.. yea. Probably a streak of bad fortune.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

If you would read the update you would know. The dark bow special WILL ALWAYS HIT.

It will eventually become an xbow. People used to be afraid to carry it into the wild. Now I see even lvl 49's using it, just for fun.

It'll hit 1m in no time. :roll:

Mudkipz.jpg

Mmm... Mudkipz...

Owned.

As Letter said, "i started testing it on lower levels it still wouldn't produce hits." That means that he essentially repeated what he did yesterday and came up with totally different result, leading him to believe that dark bow is nerfed.

The only way to prove/disprove what Letter said is more first-person experience by whoever's lucky enough to have one. Any other opinions are moot and does not contribute to this thread.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

My vote goes with muggi... I'd trust him; pretty respectable dude.

~Lunar

OT: I dont see a change...

Kid, go get a life, Your name has Poop in it. :^o

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2