DARK BOW NERFED! (?)

letterbomb05

The dark bow was struggling to hit, mostly hitting 8,8 sometimes 15,8 etc although it did hit ONE 30. At first we thought it was my friends high defence but we we're in for a suprise. As i started testing it on lower levels it still wouldn't produce hits and continued hitting 8s and sometimes 20, with 1 more 30.

Maybe you just got unlucky? Just a thought...

But like the rest of the posts. They don't just nerf weapons for the hell of it. There has to be a very good reason behind nerfing a weapon. And if you think the spec should *always* hit 25-31 specs everytime, then for Guthix sake they should nerf the bow.

-Kyle

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To elaborate on my comment, I went and tested a few shots on my friend and hit really hard, I hit 70+ specs very frequently. I was wearing max range-boosting equipment, except for a robin instead of a 3rd age coif. I was potted from 99 range w/ the eagle eye prayer. Only took one pic, not as impressive as some other pics I've seen but it's still impressive enough to prove that this weapon hasn't been nerfed.

darkspecbd4.png

We went to CW next. A guy was there abusing me w/ his Dark Bow and I was shooting him with my MSB. He started healing so I popped out my Dark Bow and hit 38-26 on him for the KO 8-)

Fought another guy in CW, KO'd him with another 60+ shot. We went to Pits afterwards, though I couldn't hit very well. I kept hitting the exact same damage from my specs over and over (8-8). Makes me wonder if 8-8 is the minimum damage you can do with the spec.

Went to test it at the KQ afterwards, hit some decent specs (30 to 50 damage) and some more 8-8 specs =p

I don't think this bow will get nerfed; the msb/Karil's crossbow is better than it in most situations. The best time to use the Dark bow is in a situation when you would normally use a crystal bow or in a situation when you need to use its lethal spec

posebility for fight cave with dark bow? its faster then crystal cuz it shoots 2 arrows at once...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

To elaborate on my comment, I went and tested a few shots on my friend and hit really hard, I hit 70+ specs very frequently. I was wearing max range-boosting equipment, except for a robin instead of a 3rd age coif. I was potted from 99 range w/ the eagle eye prayer. Only took one pic, not as impressive as some other pics I've seen but it's still impressive enough to prove that this weapon hasn't been nerfed.

darkspecbd4.png

We went to CW next. A guy was there abusing me w/ his Dark Bow and I was shooting him with my MSB. He started healing so I popped out my Dark Bow and hit 38-26 on him for the KO 8-)

Fought another guy in CW, KO'd him with another 60+ shot. We went to Pits afterwards, though I couldn't hit very well. I kept hitting the exact same damage from my specs over and over (8-8). Makes me wonder if 8-8 is the minimum damage you can do with the spec.

Went to test it at the KQ afterwards, hit some decent specs (30 to 50 damage) and some more 8-8 specs =p

I don't think this bow will get nerfed; the msb/Karil's crossbow is better than it in most situations. The best time to use the Dark bow is in a situation when you would normally use a crystal bow or in a situation when you need to use its lethal spec

posebility for fight cave with dark bow? its faster then crystal cuz it shoots 2 arrows at once...

Yeah

77yLQy8.png

Don't start rumors please.

Good point.

+1

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

hmm do i smell price manipulation....

No sorry that's me.

:) he is manipulating.

And if you do all you can, that's all you can ever do. - Warren Rudman

But men are men; the best sometimes forget. - William Shakespeare

6bveg5y.jpg

Yeah

so does this mean your going to come out with a guide for it soon muugi :mrgreen:

When did they do the system update that apparently nerfed it?

Not every change made by Jagex requires a system update. When the dream spell from Lunars was changed so you couldnt cast it over and over again without any time inbetween there was no system update.

They are actually the same speed as the Cbow shoots twice as often as the Dark Bow.

LordFan21.pngHilordfan.jpgZ0mg look im so kool even mods tok to me.

I kept hitting the exact same damage from my specs over and over (8-8). Makes me wonder if 8-8 is the minimum damage you can do with the spec.

I was abyssal rcing and a guy hit me with his dark bow, the spec looked cool cause i was running and it gave me time to see its actually 2 dragons heads flying at you :XD:

anyway, he hit a 8-8 on me so i agree 100% with you there

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

well it cant be over powered. if it would hit through melee armor than it would be the rareist thing out there! everyone would have it. its not nerfed, its balanced. and range dosent go through melee armor any way, ever seen the stat bouns of melee armor? in the 200s agenst range. agenst mage armor it would hit high, as mage armor is cloths and arrows go through cloths.

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png

common dude, you must have saw it coming,

40 - 40 spec or w/e it can do,

that will be 1 hit k0s in wildy..

jagex cudnt allow that..

Team Brutality = One more reason not for me to step into wildy with anything valuable. O:)

There is no evidence that it has been nerfed, which is proved by the fact that you have so many people disagreeing with you and no support.

Yeah, because everyone is saying something's wrong makes it wrong. GREAT reasoning. Seriously, things aren't proven when people say so. People disagreed with "what's his name" when he proclaimed the world was round, not flat. Oh, they all said he was wrong and had no support, I guess he's wrong! :wall:

I'm not saying the dark bow is nerfed, but I'm letting you know your logic is way off.

ANYWAY, I don't think the dark bow is nerfed. Could be, but I've never seen one in action before or after this whole debate began. I think a 42-42 is pretty dang high. I do think it will get nerfed. Every good weapon does. <.<

61784167.jpg

Yesterday i staked with one guy and cleaned him(nice specs: 25-22 etc) then i came back after 2hours and staked with him again. Same rules etc. and did 7stakes in a row 8-8 spec in every stake. :S Dont know what have happend.

uroooooooood.png

jagex cudnt allow that..

The DDS hits 40-40 specs four times in a row. The weapon is permanently super-poisoned, costs 50k, and you can 1-item with it. Does Jagex allow this? Yes.

muggiwhplar what arrows were you using?

Dragon

77yLQy8.png

The DDS hits 40-40 specs four times in a row.

The best I have ever seen is 36-37. Considering that it has low attack bonuses, it hits 0s very rarely and 4 specs KO very rarely

I've seen a 39-38 on video twice. Considering the best someone has hit was like a 39-36 with DBow, why whould it get nerfed and not the DDS?

hatewn1.png

The DDS hits 40-40 specs four times in a row.

The best I have ever seen is 36-37. Considering that it has low attack bonuses, it hits 0s very rarely and 4 specs KO very rarely

I've seen a 39-38 on video twice. Considering the best someone has hit was like a 39-36 with DBow, why whould it get nerfed and not the DDS?

i seen maikel pro hit 36-37 ( he famous pker )

Team Brutality = One more reason not for me to step into wildy with anything valuable. O:)

well, yesterday I was doing a clue, it had me do an emote wearing particular items at the chaos altar at level 12 wildy, eastside. I meandered over wearing my typical anti pker outfit; Blk hide body and legs, barrows gloves, farseer, blue mystic boots, legends, DDS, Sara book and carrying; sara pot, super attk, super str, d Scimmy, elf crystal, clue stuff, 50 rune poisoned darts and rest sharks.

Just as I was ready to don the goofy stuff the emote clue required, along comes a level 120 (name withheld, but I looked him up afterwards, and he had 99 range) and a level 108. The level 120 hits me with a dark bow spec....8-8, as I pot and feed him a double spec from the dds (0-26)he hits me with a 21, I feed him two more double specs (25-18) and (23-0) he teles, I turned to his buddy and he teles......hmmm

now my range def was around 113 (going from memory) and i wasnt using prayer yet.......now at least I know I stand a chance out there doing my clues....bring it. :XD: :ohnoes: :twisted:

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

OK well it definitly is not nerfed. Now just a litte bit more info. I was fighing a lvl 120 (somewhere around there) with 99 range and a dark bow in cw yesterday. We pretty much 1v1d eachother as I wanted to see how good the dark bow was against armour etc. Now take in mind he was using rune arrows. With me using torags legs, karils top, glory, rune boots, and a crystal bow he was able to hit me extremely high. His specs tbh sucked the highest he hit was like and 8-8, but take in mind he was wearing guthans skirt, karils top, rangers, glory, and sometimes even a guthans top. After his specs I figured that I would own him but it turned out with the normall shots (rune arrows also) each time he would hit at least a 18 on one shot. I am pretty sure that this bow is very good, but not overpowered. For all you people who are complaining, mages should complain its the combat triangle, and mellers as muggi said you have a weapon that is poisened, can hit 35-35 specs four times in a row and is only worth 50k. Thats just my opinion.

Getting another sig

[removed]

Lol.

Runescape is a game based on chance on percentages. One day you could kill 1000 men and not get a clue scroll, the next day you could kill one and get a scroll.

You were probably getting lucky and hitting well the day before, and the next day you obviously were having a 'bad' day. I think Jagex would have thought a lot harder about this update before releasing it. As many people would complain.

So go out and test it continually for a week. Then come up with an opinion. ;)

52qecfc.jpg

well it cant be over powered. if it would hit through melee armor than it would be the rareist thing out there! everyone would have it. its not nerfed, its balanced. and range dosent go through melee armor any way, ever seen the stat bouns of melee armor? in the 200s agenst range. agenst mage armor it would hit high, as mage armor is cloths and arrows go through cloths.

You can get over 400 ranged defense.

Melee can still own rangers fairly easily.

jagex cudnt allow that..

If this is the case, then why hasn't jagex nerfed the great axe that can do up to 78 damage with 1 hit.

aglipoy.png