Combat triangle outdated and useless?

Nazgul740

Atm the combat triangle is like a giant floating bridge... Held up by sticks of butter in a hot day... The butter melts after awhile and jagex goes and plops some more under the bridge trying to keep it up...

Enough with the combat triangle already? Why can't jagex just say

The combat triangle is now outdated, we've decided to disperse it our stance on all combat types is now this "Range, Mage and Melee' all have distinct and varying styles of fighting, they are all equal but different."

I am so sick of the people who say "omg range isn't supposed to win against a mage" If you have EVER fought a mage who hasn't switched armor or run while being made a human pincushion it's news to me

Also there is no balance in this triangle... Way back when i first joined rs members (had played in f2p for about 6 months) The pking triangle was almost balanced... Mages were just a tad underpowered then since they still didn't have mystic and didn't get it for a looooonnnggg time...

Melee's best weapon was the dragon long... decent specing power not so fast hits... Dragon daggers were there but i never remember using one all that much... odd... :?

Range was still decent with two specs in a row... they didn't own but were one of the two powerhouses

Mage was a bit under powered as said above... They didn't have tb, or ice spells the mage arena still had the ladder...

Then jagex threw the whole circle outa wack...

Whips, ice, dbows....? None of it is balanced... you want balance look at f2p... the combat system is perfect there... 100% perfect... all styles are different and no one combat system kills the others... Sure there are an amazing amount of teleporting, swearing, ignorant, agressive, semi-pure, numbsculs, who's owners are all 11 year old l33t sp3@ck1ng deranged crack addicts... but after that most of the guys are pretty cool

to tie in with the thing waaaaayyy at the top...

the combat triangle is the bridge and these new weapons are the butter rapidly melting like players interest (when something doesn't work) so jagex has to pop in some more butter

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Atm the combat triangle is like a giant floating bridge... Held up by sticks of butter in a hot day... The butter melts after awhile and jagex goes and plops some more under the bridge trying to keep it up...

Hahaha :lol: How do you think of that?

Your right about all of that. You never see people stay in one combat class. Most people like to mage then pull out their melee stuff too. Like you said, jagex isnt trying to fix it, their just trying to keep it from breaking by throwing more and more things in. Very well writen and a good read.

Well, all 3 sides of the triangle are getting more powerfull weapons, and with them, it throws the triangle more and more out of wack.

Recently, mages and melee had an advantage over melee, due to lack of power, with their best PKing weapon being Karils bow for pure power, and msb for specing power.

With the new dark bow, rangers now have enough power to compete with the other combat styles. So in a since it is balanced right now, as in no one combat style is stronger than another. Melee have the dds and whip, mages have ice barrage, and rangers have the dark bow. And since pking with them all (yes, ive seen the dark bow used in action with dragon arrows, and it is VERY usefull for KOing) i can say its fairly even as with people pking with mage/range and mage/melee and a few mage/range/melee hybrids.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Your right, only numbskulls really stick to one combat type.

You'd have to be stupid to stick in melee gear while being maged, you switch to range gear don't you.

Rangers won't usually stick to ranging when a melee'r hits them, they'l switch to what they think is best.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

well I think Combat triangle means the weakness of their armour

Melee armour got bad magic defence

Magic robes got 0 ranged defence

Ranged armour got low melee defence

Yea other then that I agree totally :)

Mage gets an update,

Then meele has to have one

Which leads to range getting an update, then mage again

When will this stop :ohnoes:

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

mmm butter =P~

mmmm triangle =P~

i love butter too =P~ =P~

i think the combat triangle is currently starting to even out with this release of the d bow

emote.gif

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=615955

click link to go to ganon95 productions

runescape requires a lot of skills, napoleon dynamyte would love this game

i am the proud owner of the quest point cape; all quests done 12/04/06

its not like a combat triangle is needed. very very little do you see anyone with only 1 type of outfit on them, or 1 type of pker in a group. EX: you dont see someone in full torags at level 45 wilderness with no hides, and you dont see a group of only rangers (most of the time) without someone in a mele outfit or with runes on them. i do understand that there are people who go out in rune legs, fighter torso, neit helm, and stay at level 5 without hides. However, most of the time these are pures. the combat triangle has evolved so much to the point at which people will carry 2 types of combat with them, in which case makes fighting mostly a line segment now.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

well I think Combat triangle means the weakness of their armour

Melee armour got bad magic defence

Magic robes got 0 ranged defence

Ranged armour got low melee defence

Yea other then that I agree totally :)

Mage gets an update,

Then meele has to have one

Which leads to range getting an update, then mage again

When will this stop :ohnoes:

What the hell, why would you want us to stop getting updates?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Just Jagex policy. It's a mmorpg, meaning updates should introduce stronger / bigger / better things to keep your members happy. To release new skills. Every new update makes the triangle bend over to one side. Just adapt to it or stop pking.

The combat triangle is only off-kilter when you don't know how to mage the best you can mage or range the best you can range, at least if you are any sort of a typical player. I think that elvemage is the strongest. Ice and range, switch depending on on what the vicitm prays. If all goes well, you won't take any damage and it'll be an easy kill.

One of the problems is dragonhide. Meleers can wear it without it effecting how well they can attack, it's an unfair advantage. A mage without mage robes and a ranger without dragonhide are weakened attack wise. Meleers can wear what the hell they want without getting any sort of penalty at all. I spoke to Mod Mark about this a couple of years back now and he agreed with me that it's stupid, guess they haven't done anything about it.

Give all non-melee armour - melee accuracy and this will balance the game A LOT more.

Duh

The whole point of the combat triangle is that all combat styles are equal and distinct.

What people fail to realise is just because melee beats mage in the triangle doesn't mean your gonna own an ancient mage in ahrims when your wearing mith and have no food.

If you take the equal ranking low med or high lvlarmours/weps/attacks for the 3 the triangle works almost flawlessly.

But of course the triangle doesn't work for hybrids who mix and match armours.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

you want balance look at f2p... the combat system is perfect there... 100% perfect... all styles are different and no one combat system kills the others...

I am inclined to laugh at you, but shall refrain from doing so at the moment. Look at F2P Mage. Maximum damage, 16. Slowest attack speed. 200 - 300 coins per cast. Negligible armour. Barely any equipment boost to Magic. Pathetic holding spell.

Now look at Rangers and Warriors in F2P, come back and tell me the F2P Combat Triangle is balanced.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

As I said in the other thread you cannot have a triangle based on classes when there are no classes in runescape. It would be different if when you created your character you had to pick a class. Mages shouldnt have access to good melee weapons, rangers either, meleers shouldnt be able to use mage or range weapons. That's how you create a triangle.

I have to agree with this as each faction is getting too powerful. Whips are alright buth the DDS is something else with spec. The Dark bow I don't mind much but it does need to be nerfed a bit. Ancient magiks are just too power with ice barrage and such.

Cwars is a great place to see the combat triangle gone with ranges owning melee everywere and mages barraging everyone in their sight

Barrows drops: Torags pl8, Torgas legs, Guthans chainskirt

It's perfectly alright.

Melee max is 82 or something.

Range max is around 90

And ancients who ice barrage can take many RuneScape lives in obe minute.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

you want balance look at f2p... the combat system is perfect there... 100% perfect... all styles are different and no one combat system kills the others...

I am inclined to laugh at you, but shall refrain from doing so at the moment. Look at F2P Mage. Maximum damage, 16. Slowest attack speed. 200 - 300 coins per cast. Negligible armour. Barely any equipment boost to Magic. Pathetic holding spell.

Now look at Rangers and Warriors in F2P, come back and tell me the F2P Combat Triangle is balanced.

Yes it is balanced... most levels around 70-90 don't carry dragon hide with them while pking... at lets say only 59 mage (i got around 65 combat) It hits on rune a ton... Holding spell isn't that bad... the rune skimitars attack doesn't hit well even on mages and if they have say a rune kite it negates it a bit more...

also prayer runs out FAST in f2p... if somone wants to keep prot from mage on it means sacrificing most of their offensive prayers...

It is balanced... 100%

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Just Jagex policy. It's a mmorpg, meaning updates should introduce stronger / bigger / better things to keep your members happy. To release new skills. Every new update makes the triangle bend over to one side. Just adapt to it or stop pking.

I culdnt agree more. You cant expect Jagex to stop updating game or make the updates just the way you like them, since there are more than a million members currently playing this game. So every successful person in runescape must be capable of adapting to new updates, and this goes for pkers, as well as stakers and merchants.

Nejc_666.gif

Click here for my blog <----MY BLOG

nejc_666.png

I am so sick of the people who say "omg range isn't supposed to win against a mage" If you have EVER fought a mage who hasn't switched armor or run while being made a human pincushion it's news to me

Last time I checked, Range is supposed to be better than mage... :shame:

Your right, only numbskulls really stick to one combat type.

You'd have to be stupid to stick in melee gear while being maged, you switch to range gear don't you.

Rangers won't usually stick to ranging when a melee'r hits them, they'l switch to what they think is best.

You obviously haven't been pking. The thing you should do if you're maged is screaming "F4rc4st N00b!!11!" and immediately run or tele out of the wilderness.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

mmm butter =P~

mmmm triangle =P~

i love butter too =P~ =P~

i think the combat triangle is currently starting to even out with this release of the d bow

Eww butter. I remember the last time I tasted it "raw" disgusting >.<

Let's call it ice cream instead. :XD:

But anyway I agree, the combat system of Rs is just bs. Now dark bow helps rangers a little, but all melee and mages have a lot more choice of good weapons/spells making them much more versatile than the rangers, it's still unfair.

Jagex shud elaborate a new combat system, this one is junk >.>

2480+ total

11 year old l33t sp3@ck1ng deranged crack addicts

:thumbsup: \'<3:

Jagex is trying to balance the sytem out but the hits are so high thats it's a bit hard to so if they come out with a new weapon that hits hard then the other 2 styles are underpowered and thus they are updated with useless stuff like the crossbows.

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

Fixing the combat triangle is actually quite easy in a way.

1. Add negative attack bonus for stab, slash and crush on all dragonhide armor.

2. Add stab defence to mystic robes/infinity robes.

3. Add negative mage bonus to all daggers.

4. Add negative attack bonus for stab, slash and crush on all mage robes, mystic/infinity, ahrims)

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.