Dragonfire Shield = Third Age prices down

Kill_Thomas9

As many of you know, the Third Age Kite was the most popular of the third age items, because it offered the best defense of any shield in the game. This kite, combined with full Torags, offered the best total melee defense in the game, accommodating the 200mil price tag. But now with the new shield, the Third Age Kite doesn't even give the best defense anymore.

Here I have posted the stats of the Dragonfire Shield compared to the stats of the third age kite. I also added in the dragon square and the rune defender, because of the strength bonus.

awesomeshield.jpg

As you can see, the third age kite dwarfs in comparison with the Dragonfire shield, and the Dragonfire shield offers a strength bonus! You can even release some of the dragonfire, which makes it an awesome pking shield. (Imagine if someone got like 3 shields, and released all the dragonbreath during a fight, or in the duel arena!)

So, discuss what you think will happen to third age kite prices, dragon sq prices, ect.

i don't think the dragon fire shield will affect the third age kite too much because of third age's rarity and status symbol but it'll definitely drop a bit because of the ridiculous price tag on the kite not being worth it as much anymore

Don't Click This

ironmfmcape,dominator428.gif

774th to 99 hunting on July 16th 2007

i dont know anyone who trains on monsters with a third age kite they all use it for looks(except the rich players who use pest control and want to show off) which is why i dont think dragon fire shields will effect it tremendousley.id expect it to drop though

tifsdac6mc.gif

3A kite looks darned ugly. About time it fell to the price it deserves.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

3A kite looks darned ugly. About time it fell to the price it deserves.

3rd age looks hawt nuff said <3:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

One reason for the ridicilous high 3rd age prices is the fact that they are status symbols. They are really rare and every day a lot less of them come to the game than these new dragon shields. The price might go down a bit, but not shockingly much.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

erkid"]This update helps a lot of people but at the same time screws over so many people over. I love it :D

There's not that many of them. What's a 30-50M loss to guys who have 500M+?

erkid"]This update helps a lot of people but at the same time screws over so many people over. I love it :D

I loled at that irl, :lol:

Anyway, this might affect d squared more than third age stoofs. Oh yah, is this shield tradable?

Third Age is hawt btw 8-)

Edit:

Alot. I have a bank worth about 40mil, and if if I lost 7-10% of my bank I would be really mad. (that is 2-3 whips just to give you an idea)

Its 30-50Mil. Duh.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Its 30-50Mil. Duh.

LOL!!! I laughed at that really!

I love the new shield!

219365.png

Wow! Looks like there will be less people using Rune Defenders now :P Next time I get myself temporarily addicted to Runescape again I'll be sure to get one of those Dragonfire Shields. Didn't Jagex change the name of the Anti Dragon-Fire Shield to what it is now FROM Dragonfire Shield a few months back? Maybe they've been planning this update since they changed the name?

Its 30-50Mil. Duh.

i'm surprised someone actually had to say that...

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

It looks like third age isn't going to be "the next dragon" armour. It's just going to be something to show your wealth, like party hats. If I were jagex, I would decrease the drop rate for third age.

I think 3rd age kite will take a minor hit as people have the ability to get better defence with a strength bonus.

But the Draconic Visage, as rare as it is said to be, can be constantly a quickly fought for compared to level 3 clues.

To expand on that, think about the time it takes to kill a monster for the Draconic Visage compared to the time to complete a clue worthy of rewarding you with a 3A kite.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15