Dragonfire Shield = Third Age prices down

Kill_Thomas9

While you're right about the Dragonfire Shield now becoming the best shield in the game (fully charged), you forgot to weigh a few more things.

1. 3rd Age kiteshields are extensively rare to come across; considering that you have a 1 in 10,000 chance of acquiring one from a clue scroll.

2. Dragon Left Halves are just as rare as 3rd Age in many cases, except that the monsters that are being actively slain take significantly less effort than a clue scroll to acquire.

3. Ten thousands of players (if not hundreds) are clamoring more and more to acquire a Visage, since it requires practically the same effort as slaying an Iron, Steel, or (King) Black Dragon, as opposed to going through 10,000 scrolls for a 1% chance at one.

Overall, 3rd Age won't take a hit since it's obscenely rare. Just because something better in the game comes out doesn't affect all lower armor prices; look at Dragon Chain vs. Barrows Armor! :P

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

3rd age was never that expensive because of its def bonus, but because its so rare. It might drop, but "only" for about 10-20m.

Till now i didn even know Jagex updated the shield lol :D

Third Age full helm 24,000,000gp - 26,000,000gp

Third Age platebody 58,000,000gp - 59,000,000gp

Third Age platelegs 50,000,000gp - 60,000,000gp

Third Age kiteshield 150,000,000gp - 180,000,000gp

I'm sorry to disappoint you. But the third age kite was not so expensive because of its rarity. But it was expensive because it was the best melee gear to have in the shield spot. Making "high" stakers crave for their extra bonuses.

I'm afraid that in a matter of weeks the third age kite will be as expensive as the plate/legs. (That is in fact a 100mil drop)

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

Dragonfire shields are about 40 mil now :uhh:

I killed about 90 irons today, no success :x

tomorrow, more irons or black dragons. (last day of school! well... last day of finals, we have wednesday for some reason >_>)

fishing.gif

3. Ten thousands of players (if not hundreds) are clamoring more and more to acquire a Visage, since it requires practically the same effort as slaying an Iron, Steel, or (King) Black Dragon, as opposed to going through 10,000 scrolls for a 1% chance at one.

Couldn't help but point out that a 1/10,000 chance is a .01% chance, not a 1% chance.

Also, remember that is is a 1/10,000 chance of getting a piece of third age, period. Then you still have the 1/12 chance of getting the kite after you take that into acount, so really it is much rarer than your giving it credit for.

So far it appears as if Visages are easier to obtain than a peice of third age. However I can't see these shields dropping any lower than 20mil, at least not for a long time.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Kites will drop, but not much, and probably not for too long - at one point people will understand both shields are VERY rare.

But something else will drop alot - D legs, d meds, d skirts and possibly d bones/d hides. More or less everyone is killing metals for visage, all the worlds are crowded at metals.. I got d legs on 3rd iron myself, eventhough I was on task..but did task just because of visage. So yeah.

Jagex > Economy.

Profins.png

specty.png

Third Age is a godly reward for a clue scroller and with the new shield people are going to flood dragons bringing in an excess shields/Draconis visage to make the d fire shield lower its value so 3rd age wont drop by much and it might not even drop at all.

"My Weapon is my faith. Even I die, my faith shall never fall before the enemy"

POP-Signature-v23.gif

2. Dragon Left Halves are just as rare as 3rd Age in many cases, except that the monsters that are being actively slain take significantly less effort than a clue scroll to acquire.

Things about that is. Most of the stuff that drop the Visage will drop left halves as well. So while people are chasing after the Visage... they'll be coming across other Dragon items. Which will maybe make 3rd Age seem all the more rarer.

Not saying this would increase 3A by any means, but it really is something to think about.

Not to mention that way back when... people were claiming Dragon Chain would never drop under like 20 - 30M... and from the looks of it, it's gone way below that. Third Age just seems like another Dragon Chain. Might take WAY longer to fizzle out, but eventually it will.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Things about that is. Most of the stuff that drop the Visage will drop left halves as well. So while people are chasing after the Visage... they'll be coming across other Dragon items. Which will maybe make 3rd Age seem all the more rarer.

Not saying this would increase 3A by any means, but it really is something to think about.

Not to mention that way back when... people were claiming Dragon Chain would never drop under like 20 - 30M... and from the looks of it, it's gone way below that. Third Age just seems like another Dragon Chain. Might take WAY longer to fizzle out, but eventually it will.

good to see 1 of the older smart posters still around occasionally.

good to see 1 of the older smart posters still around occasionally.

I doubt the third age kite will ever drop like that.

There is a 1/10,000 chance of getting a third age item from a clue.

Stack that with the 1/12 chance of getting a 3rd age kite (12 3rd age items)

Stack that with the 1/100 chance of getting a clue from a monster drop in the first place

That gives you less than a 1/10,000,000 chance, or a .00001% chance of someone getting a third age drop.

Simply, you have to kill 12 million monsters that drop clues in order to get a 3rd age kite. If those monsters have 1/3 the hp of a kalphite queen, and are 1/4 as hard, that means it is the killing the equivalent of 1,000,000 kalphite queens. And what are the odds of getting a chain from a kq? 1/1000? That means a third age kite is 1000x rarer than a dragon chain. So if the dragon chain took 3 years to drop this low, then a third age kite will take 3,000 years.

well i always thought the kite was the most expensive part, because you can wear it without any other third age equipement.

se if someone wears a third age body with a d legs it would look ugly and if im hounest i think tird age is mostly for looks and as an sign of wealth, just like wearable rares

so to conclude i think third age wont drop that much, because its manly for the looks. surelly no-one will train with equipement that totals 200mil+

Scout_ivar.png

Barrows drops: guthan helm x1, torags hammers x1, karils top x1, ahrims staff x1

they didn't, just an error in the KB

Thank god.

Anyway, I think that third age prises will go down. People purchased them becuase they were the only shields in the game that would not degrade in addition having the best defense bonuses. They aren't the top to the ladder now.

~

Simply, you have to kill 12 million monsters that drop clues in order to get a 3rd age kite. If those monsters have 1/3 the hp of a kalphite queen, and are 1/4 as hard, that means it is the killing the equivalent of 1,000,000 kalphite queens. And what are the odds of getting a chain from a kq? 1/1000? That means a third age kite is 1000x rarer than a dragon chain. So if the dragon chain took 3 years to drop this low, then a third age kite will take 3,000 years.

That's the worst case scenario.

It's possible it can happen on the first try, just very unlikely.

Also that's accounting for one person. there are probably about 10-20 thousand level 3 clues a day. that means a 3rd age kite hypothetically comes into the game ever 6-12 days.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain